Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 20 Dec 2018, 15:26 (Ref:3871657)   #3426
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Another danger when talking about drones is… the bauble attack!

No, he just drones on and on and on!
Old 20 Dec 2018, 15:48 (Ref:3871665)   #3427
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Literally in French, he makes the buzz!
Old 20 Dec 2018, 15:49 (Ref:3871666)   #3428
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Yes, they can be programmed. You dont need to shoot them down, you can send another one with a net or to provoque a crash. Recently, a kind of gun was invented to neutralise the remote (operating on 2.4GHz or 5.8GHz). The inconvenient is that you have to target the drone as you would do with a real gun, almost impossible during night time. Not a piece of cake.
I have 2 drones, one that is simply controlled by a handset that you really have to keep in sight and the bigger one I can sent up to a mile away that I can program to fly (and return) to a designated area, it has collision avoidance built in along with real time video feedback and automatic return home if the battery gets below a certain level.
The problem is that "anyone" can buy one ! (waiting for comments)
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 20 Dec 2018, 16:06 (Ref:3871668)   #3429
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
You mean any Spanish bus driver?
Same thing with a hammer. When some will use it to fix a nail, some will use it as a weapon. I bought several, one being for your marshals raffle, but they constantly change the regulation. Having a plane licence, I was allowed to use one any time. Now we have a special drone licence, only machines below one kilo ready to fly are considered as leisure purpose. Another way to make money.
Booooob, where the sky are You?
Old 20 Dec 2018, 16:15 (Ref:3871669)   #3430
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
You mean any Spanish bus driver?
Same thing with a hammer. When some will use it to fix a nail, some will use it as a weapon. I bought several, one being for your marshals raffle, but they constantly change the regulation. Having a plane licence, I was allowed to use one any time. Now we have a special drone licence, only machines below one kilo ready to fly are considered as leisure purpose. Another way to make money.
Booooob, where the sky are You?
I don't have to log on here to be insulted, I get plenty of that at home Gerard.

"If I had a hammer I'd hammer in the morning ….."

A man was in court accused of killing his wife with a hammer, when the charge was read out a man in the public enclosure shouted "You Bas***"
The judge said, "I know this was a heinous crime but please control your self."

When the police described the attack the same man again shouted out,
"You filthy swine."

Again the judge spoke up. " If you interrupt proceeding once more I will have you removed from the court. Why are you so angry?"

"Well your Honour', he replied. "I have lived next door to that man for forty years, and every time I asked to borrow a hammer, he claimed he did not have one!"

Boom! Boom!
Old 20 Dec 2018, 16:39 (Ref:3871672)   #3431
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Dear bauble, no one in this world or another can build any type of wall to stop your jokes. And prevent me from smiling. And vice versa!
This time, you hammered your point of view…
Old 20 Dec 2018, 17:00 (Ref:3871676)   #3432
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Question,
Few doors down from Delta HQ. Poor neighbors cat was found on back door step with head chopped off. I am guessing Mr Fox did this ???. At least I hope this was the case.
What else could have done it? Horrible thing to see if your just a passer by let alone the owner.I own a cat half the time she nice half the time she wants to claw your feet to shreads.I couldnt imagine something like that happening and I dont want to thibk about it tbh.
Old 20 Dec 2018, 19:56 (Ref:3871695)   #3433
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (165).png
Views:	11
Size:	546.4 KB
ID:	52328 Now we know
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 20 Dec 2018, 20:10 (Ref:3871696)   #3434
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Attachment 52328 Now we know
brilliant I saw she walked out when Jeremy asked her about a no confidence vote
Old 20 Dec 2018, 20:10 (Ref:3871697)   #3435
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Now that is funny.

And of course “Many a true word is said in jest”........
Old 21 Dec 2018, 06:13 (Ref:3871749)   #3436
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Yippee, shortest day of the year, so all downhill to next season from here.....
Old 21 Dec 2018, 07:04 (Ref:3871752)   #3437
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Now that is funny.

And of course “Many a true word is said in jest”........
Oh! Dear. Our very own conspiracy theorist
Old 21 Dec 2018, 07:57 (Ref:3871753)   #3438
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Yes - it is very dark, very wet, very windy but mild. Is that an omen?
Old 21 Dec 2018, 08:09 (Ref:3871754)   #3439
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
😀
Old 21 Dec 2018, 08:24 (Ref:3871756)   #3440
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Yes - it is very dark, very wet, very windy but mild. Is that an omen?
Why would it be women?
Old 21 Dec 2018, 08:24 (Ref:3871757)   #3441
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
But the mornings continue to get darker (i.e. later sunrises) until into the New Year.....
Old 21 Dec 2018, 10:25 (Ref:3871770)   #3442
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
But the mornings continue to get darker (i.e. later sunrises) until into the New Year.....
Click image for larger version

Name:	T S (2).jpg
Views:	6
Size:	2.05 MB
ID:	52329I hadn't noticed
Old 21 Dec 2018, 10:46 (Ref:3871772)   #3443
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Don’t put a damper on our optimism! It’s dark when I get up anyway, until about May......
Old 21 Dec 2018, 10:56 (Ref:3871774)   #3444
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...but the sunset's been getting later (by a few seconds each day) since about the 12th.
Old 21 Dec 2018, 11:22 (Ref:3871782)   #3445
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is this due to our elliptical orbit of the sun or the oblate spheroid shape of the earth? It was so much easier when the world was flat and the universe rotated around us.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 21 Dec 2018, 11:39 (Ref:3871785)   #3446
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Is this due to our elliptical orbit of the sun or the oblate spheroid shape of the earth? It was so much easier when the world was flat and the universe rotated around us.
What? The earth isn’t flat? Since when?
Old 21 Dec 2018, 11:40 (Ref:3871786)   #3447
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Half-past three apparently.
Old 21 Dec 2018, 11:44 (Ref:3871789)   #3448
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
What? The earth isn’t flat? Since when?
When I was young people kept telling me Norfolk was flat, but living in Holt I knew it wasn't true - every road into town involved a hill!
Old 21 Dec 2018, 11:50 (Ref:3871790)   #3449
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Anyone else get a personal Christmas card from Bonhams. One of my customers was well chuffed yesterday and took great delight in telling me that they had used his car as the cover picture from Goodwood. I got home yesterday and there was a card from Bonhams with a picture of my Lotus 22 from Goodwood. Well chuffed, thank you Bonhams a very nice touch for Christmas.
Old 21 Dec 2018, 11:53 (Ref:3871791)   #3450
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The drone thing is quite an interesting conundrum for a risk averse society.

A handful of people with a relatively inexpensive device could quite effectively close down the world's airports.

There seems to be no immediate solution to the challenge and perhaps no technology available to deal with it at all let alone in a risk free way.

I wonder how it will all unfold?
Closed Thread