Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 13 Jan 2019, 11:07 (Ref:3875885)   #31
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Although itís got nowt to do with trailer registrations, to expand on the last post, at the moment the AA and RAC, plus 89 post offices, can issue IDPs, but from Feb 1st they will be obtainable only by visiting any post office. They will not be available by post or online...

Cost £5.50, valid 12 months, and apparently will be a straightforward issuing process.....
Old 13 Jan 2019, 11:16 (Ref:3875888)   #32
Mike Harte
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMike Harte should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMike Harte should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Although itís got nowt to do with trailer registrations, to expand on the last post, at the moment the AA and RAC, plus 89 post offices, can issue IDPs, but from Feb 1st they will be obtainable only by visiting any post office. They will not be available by post or online...

Cost £5.50, valid 12 months, and apparently will be a straightforward issuing process.....

What could possibly go wrong?
Old 13 Jan 2019, 11:22 (Ref:3875889)   #33
Gerard C
Veteran

France
Paris area
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess we'll have to satisfy the same thing when driving in your country betting on our Permis de Conduire International to be no more recognized. If its a matter of reciprocity it would make sens.
Old 13 Jan 2019, 11:33 (Ref:3875892)   #34
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
What could possibly go wrong?
They reckon a 5 minute process to get one over the counter, but thatís when youíve reached the counter! As our local PO is now 2 tiny booths squeezed into the corner of a convenience store, and the queue usually blocks most of the aisles, I think allowing at least 1/2 hr probably wise. And then it will need the individual the other side of the counter to know how the process works....

So, absolutely nothing to go wrong!
Old 13 Jan 2019, 14:39 (Ref:3875926)   #35
Mike Harte
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMike Harte should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMike Harte should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mike, I don't think that it will be all P.O.s. This from UK.GOV website:

Quote:
From 1 February 2019, the government will begin providing IDPs. From this date, you will be able to apply for both 1949 and 1968 types of IDP at 2,500 Post Offices across the UK. We will announce which Post Office branches will offer IDPs in early 2019.
Old 13 Jan 2019, 15:02 (Ref:3875927)   #36
E.B
Veteran

Australia
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Although it’s got nowt to do with trailer registrations, to expand on the last post, at the moment the AA and RAC, plus 89 post offices, can issue IDPs, but from Feb 1st they will be obtainable only by visiting any post office. They will not be available by post or online...

Jeezus.... a fiver! Here an IDP (which I need to drive in Spain annually as they dont recognise Aussie licences) costs $40.00 for 12 months. But I can still get one from from any RAC (Victoria) outlet or any Post Office.... as UK, all by direct visit only. Nothing on the RACV website to suggest a change in the wind here. Ironically my local RACV outlet is two shops up from a Post Office.
Old 13 Jan 2019, 16:27 (Ref:3875932)   #37
Terence Bower
Rookie

Germany
Terence Bower should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mike, apologies for for a little O T but thought it relevant to driving abroad.
The RAC on line I thought the better option, you can specify France Belgium and Germany. Usually the IDP applies to countries like Spain etc. Its all explained on the form.
Old 13 Jan 2019, 16:39 (Ref:3875933)   #38
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terence Bower View Post
Mike, apologies for for a little O T but thought it relevant to driving abroad.
The RAC on line I thought the better option, you can specify France Belgium and Germany. Usually the IDP applies to countries like Spain etc. Its all explained on the form.
But from Feb 1st they won’t be issuing them anymore! So if anyone wants one from them or the AA they have 18 days......

Mike, you mean we have more than 2500 P.O.s? Apologies for my inaccuracy- the post office site didn’t suggest not all of them would be involved.
Old 14 Jan 2019, 19:45 (Ref:3876136)   #39
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If I remember correctly I read somewhere that we might need two different types of IDP depending on which European country one intends to drive in, as the EU hasn't got around to ensuring all members have the same affiliations.....
Old 14 Jan 2019, 20:16 (Ref:3876140)   #40
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
If I remember correctly I read somewhere that we might need two different types of IDP depending on which European country one intends to drive in, as the EU hasn't got around to ensuring all members have the same affiliations.....
Form what I’ve read- That’s already the case, Richard. It’s never simple!
Old 15 Jan 2019, 05:54 (Ref:3876216)   #41
Terence Bower
Rookie

Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
That's why I commented on not forgetting France Belgium and Germany going on the form. Usually IDP applies for Spain and those countries nearby.
Old 15 Jan 2019, 06:16 (Ref:3876221)   #42
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading through the latest on RAC site, the only way you can get an IDP from them (before they cease issuing them) is by dating your travel as being before Feb1st. If you date it later, you wonít get a licence.

Old 15 Jan 2019, 08:11 (Ref:3876233)   #43
Terence Bower
Rookie

Germany
Quote:
Reading through the latest on RAC site, the only way you can get an IDP from them (before they cease issuing them) is by dating your travel as being before Feb1st. If you date it later, you wonít get a licence.

Well, it is valid for 12 months Mike.
Old 15 Jan 2019, 17:34 (Ref:3876328)   #44
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terence Bower View Post
Well, it is valid for 12 months Mike.

Bet we'rs still extending Article 50 implementation by then......