Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 8 Jun 2008, 23:30 (Ref:2223215)   #51
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Pleased to see Salvador Duran win on in style on Saturday.

Guerrieri was quickly up to speed with 4th in today's race, just ahead of team-mate Fabio Carbone. Not a bad weekend for Ultimate.
Old 8 Jun 2008, 23:40 (Ref:2223220)   #52
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Duran was driving very well all weekend. Shame he had electronic/gearbox problems in the second race. A thoroughly good weekend, although I now look like a lobster after forgetting to pack suncream!
Old 9 Jun 2008, 08:24 (Ref:2223415)   #53
OJB
Veteran

United Kingdom
OJB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sunday was very well attended - 70,000 people in all, compared to 40,000 on Saturday I heard. A lot of people spent their time in the paddock by the looks of it, but the stands down the straight and first corner were more or less full.
Old 9 Jun 2008, 10:07 (Ref:2223512)   #54
kristof14
Veteran

kristof14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A great day out, some decent racing and I got one of James Walkers rear tyres.

Not sure about the change of venue though, whilst the parking and other facilities were better than Donnington the fact that they were using the full circuit meant that, when the Clios, Maganes and parade cars were on track, there was a lot of time spent staring at an empty track during a race.
Old 9 Jun 2008, 13:06 (Ref:2223694)   #55
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Unfortunately for Donny, I think that the relative ease of traffic management beginning and end of day certainly on Saturday and I suspect Sunday as well proved exactly why the event was moved.

In the 3 years I went to Donny, whilst I prefer the circuit for scenery and atmosphere, it never produced a race anywhere near as good as Saturday's.

Overall a thumbs up from me!
Old 9 Jun 2008, 15:14 (Ref:2223844)   #56
OJB
Veteran

United Kingdom
Donington couldn't cope with that many people so were involved in the decision to hand the event over to Silverstone apparently. Not sure if there's an agreement to get it back next year once they've sorted themselves out though.
Old 9 Jun 2008, 18:22 (Ref:2223989)   #57
gachjoel
Veteran

Wales
Cardiff
gachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by OJB
Donington couldn't cope with that many people so were involved in the decision to hand the event over to Silverstone apparently. Not sure if there's an agreement to get it back next year once they've sorted themselves out though.
Did hear that it was going to be spread over 4 circuits over the next 4 years
Old 10 Jun 2008, 09:35 (Ref:2224583)   #58
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Congrats to Robert Wickens on his weekend at Silverstone - think we need Giedo van der Garde to record a few dnf's or he will stroll away with the title
Old 10 Jun 2008, 10:51 (Ref:2224656)   #59
Clyde P. Puffer
Rookie

Wales
Mold, Wales
Clyde P. Puffer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Went to Silverstone on the Sunday and had a great time. Makes you think that more races should be free entry to get the numbers up?

A great win for Mr. Wickens, and to see his 'In Laps' was something special it was clear that he was really pushing. A great stop by the Carlin boys as well which I found on You Tube if anyone is interested.

A little confused with Giedo and P1 though with a strange strategy. Also using the excuse that he had no blue flags...... Surely after his pitstop he is racing the people around him and they don't have to let him by?

How good do we think Mr. Wickens is?
Old 10 Jun 2008, 18:26 (Ref:2225052)   #60
OJB
Veteran

United Kingdom
van der Garde was stuck behind Pablo Sanchez, who he wasn't racing. Having said that, he wasn't that close to him in all honesty. Wickens added that he lost time before the pit-stops anyway so the penalty was the same.
Old 11 Jun 2008, 00:02 (Ref:2225303)   #61
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Heard there was something like 70,000 people there on Sunday - fantastic...