Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 7 Apr 2010, 12:43 (Ref:2668223)   #1
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
German ADAC GT Masters gets live coverage

German ADAC GT Masters series gets live coverage at the tv station Kabel 1. Kabel 1 will show the whole 2010 season and both races on Saturday and Sunday live from 11:45 to 13:15 CET. As comentator Rainer Braun, legendary DTM and endurance comentator, is confirmed as well as Ellen Lohrs return to circuit racing with a Lamborghini. Kabel 1 is available on the Astra 1 satellite on 19.2° East.

The 2010 season kicks off this coming weekend at Oschersleben
Old 7 Apr 2010, 13:54 (Ref:2668273)   #2
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Entry List
24 cars as of now, 5 of those (the final five on the list) in the new GT-Cup ("Trophy") class for cars from one make series.

Weekend Schedule

Series Schedule
Old 7 Apr 2010, 18:38 (Ref:2668396)   #3
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
No BMW's
Old 7 Apr 2010, 20:43 (Ref:2668471)   #4
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Schnitzer is racing their two cars in VLN instead and the rest doesn't have their's delivered yet.
Old 10 Apr 2010, 09:52 (Ref:2669920)   #5
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
First race in 10 minutes.
Old 10 Apr 2010, 09:57 (Ref:2669923)   #6
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Now watching the live coverage on Kabel Eins. Legend Rainer Braun is commentating. I get the feeling DTM of the 90's is back...
Old 10 Apr 2010, 11:02 (Ref:2669947)   #7
Hendrik
Racer

MagnetON
Germany
Hendrik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
His comments are still confusing as hell and only slightly related to the race itself.
Old 10 Apr 2010, 11:03 (Ref:2669948)   #8
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Entertaining race

Sebastian Asch and Niclas Kentenich (Porsche 911 GT3 R, Wieth Racing) win race 1.
Old 10 Apr 2010, 13:06 (Ref:2670040)   #9
Speed-King
Veteran

If the banging and slamming continues like that it's gonna be an expensive season.
Great race, but the way Hohenadel muskled through into 3rd reminded me of drunk Gran Turismo on the Playstation...
Old 10 Apr 2010, 16:25 (Ref:2670153)   #10
Da_LEGENDARY_NiNJA
Rookie

United States
California
Da_LEGENDARY_NiNJA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is there any live streaming. cause im im the u.s
Old 10 Apr 2010, 16:51 (Ref:2670167)   #11
Speed-King
Veteran

nope, no official stream that I know of, of course someone might put it on justintv or the likes, but you never really know if that's going to happen or not, and with German commentary it's probably not all that popular for most English speakers...
Old 12 Apr 2010, 19:45 (Ref:2671601)   #12
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Just watched race 2. How did Kox manage to get in 2nd position?
Old 12 Apr 2010, 19:51 (Ref:2671606)   #13
Speed-King
Veteran

That's what I wondered as well, here's a theory:

Reiter left his quick driver in the car until the very last moment, whereas others sent their slower drivers, who also had yet to get accustomed to the treacherous track conditions, out early on . Then it is of course possible that Reiter gained a few seconds in the pits and even more so if they elected not to switch to rain tires which most of the field did.
Old 12 Apr 2010, 20:03 (Ref:2671614)   #14
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Probably you are right.

Race 1 was very good, race 2 was ok.

I hope BMW (Schubert) will make some appearances this season. Besides that I am missing Ferrari's (Kessel?) and Ford's (Matech).

Kabel Eins did a good job. Rainer Braun made some () mistakes but he enthusiastic.
Old 13 Apr 2010, 01:32 (Ref:2671752)   #15
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Do you think the broadcast would be interesting to a non-Deutsch speaker? I have followed the series online the past couple of years by reading reports etc. and would love to see some action but not if it confuses me!
Old 13 Apr 2010, 08:07 (Ref:2671830)   #16
Speed-King
Veteran

With Rainer Braun in the booth it's confusing as hell even for native speakers...

That said, the guy is pretty awesome, but he usually doesn't talk about the on track action itself, but about interesting, but only marginally related details and stories from way back when...

Race 1 on Saturday was really, really good racing, and I don't think you need to understand the announcer to appreciate that!
Old 13 Apr 2010, 08:57 (Ref:2671847)   #17
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
Do you think the broadcast would be interesting to a non-Deutsch speaker? I have followed the series online the past couple of years by reading reports etc. and would love to see some action but not if it confuses me!
I follow some Argentinian and Italian series but don't speak Spanish and Italian. Of course it's not ideal but when the racing is good I enjoy it. I would say give it a try. You know were to get the races?
Old 13 Apr 2010, 09:13 (Ref:2671854)   #18
Dauer 962
Veteran

Dauer 962 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
That's what I wondered as well, here's a theory:

Reiter left his quick driver in the car until the very last moment, whereas others sent their slower drivers, who also had yet to get accustomed to the treacherous track conditions, out early on . Then it is of course possible that Reiter gained a few seconds in the pits and even more so if they elected not to switch to rain tires which most of the field did.
The main reason was Peter Kox. He was the quickest man on track before the pit stop. This and a really good pit work from the Reiter boys brought the Lamborghini to second. Albert was also good, but struggled with the rain tyres on the drying track at the end of the race.
Old 13 Apr 2010, 09:16 (Ref:2671856)   #19
Dauer 962
Veteran

Nice clip of the end of the first race on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ium90mV7QzQ

Some nice clips from this last weekend at the kabeleins website (don´t know if accessible outside of Germany) here

http://www.kabeleins.de/auto/adac-gt-masters/
Old 13 Apr 2010, 09:18 (Ref:2671858)   #20
Dauer 962
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post

I hope BMW (Schubert) will make some appearances this season. Besides that I am missing Ferrari's (Kessel?) and Ford's (Matech).
BMW is expected later in the season, after the 24h of the Ring.
Old 14 Apr 2010, 00:30 (Ref:2672391)   #21
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
I follow some Argentinian and Italian series but don't speak Spanish and Italian. Of course it's not ideal but when the racing is good I enjoy it. I would say give it a try. You know were to get the races?
OK, sounds good! I think I've actually heard Rainer Braun on old DTM clips on YouTube so I might well know what I'm in for...

I do know where to see the races.
Old 17 Apr 2010, 04:49 (Ref:2674032)   #22
Birddog07
Racer

United States
Pittsburgh
Birddog07 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, just saw round 1. Wish I lived in Germany, you guys have a great national GT3 championship, I'd say competing with the Aussies for best one. Can't wait to see if any of the new Merc GT3's join up later in the season.
Old 17 Apr 2010, 14:28 (Ref:2674267)   #23
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
I watched race 1 the other night and it was fantastic! My ability to follow a race seems to be better than Rainer's, and my ability to follow his Deutsch is about on par with his ability to follow the race! Some serious argy-bargy between the cars battling for third, with Wirth making full use of the Alpina's size and some gutsy driving to hold on for so long.

I did not think anyone would put the Aus GT championship very high up the ladder! I've only read about it, not watched it, but it seems to be pretty high on slow gentlemen and low on talent. The FFSA grid is fantastic this year too, it and ADAC sure are putting the Brit GT field in the shade.
Old 18 Apr 2010, 01:42 (Ref:2674587)   #24
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birddog07 View Post
Wow, just saw round 1. Wish I lived in Germany, you guys have a great national GT3 championship, I'd say competing with the Aussies for best one. Can't wait to see if any of the new Merc GT3's join up later in the season.
I wouldnt compare it with Australian GT, fewer GT3 cars, a lot less talent, some nice tracks though. But from what I've seen so far the racing in Germany is much much better. If only Aus GT was like the GT Masters that would be very nice.
Old 19 Apr 2010, 03:32 (Ref:2675517)   #25
Birddog07
Racer

United States
Pittsburgh
Birddog07 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess so, I'm not very knowledgeable on the series. I just know that the Adelaide and Melbourne races were nice to watch. My likings of the tracks may have hbad something to do with it