Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 29 Mar 2011, 20:41 (Ref:2855609)   #26
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by flor View Post
Obviously Vettel is not the new Mansell. Instead he is the new TGF. Only difference is that he will win more titles than the old one.
Can't see that happening, unless we clear the current grid and bring drivers that offers no challenge to him. As it is today, no chance.
Old 29 Mar 2011, 20:43 (Ref:2855610)   #27
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Yeah, I can't see anybody getting close to Schumacher's title haul.
Old 29 Mar 2011, 20:54 (Ref:2855615)   #28
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flor View Post
Obviously Vettel is not the new Mansell. Instead he is the new TGF. Only difference is that he will win more titles than the old one.
7+ titles? That's going to be a little tricky with four ex-champions in the field, plus new talent like Perez, Petrov and Kobayashi.
Old 29 Mar 2011, 21:40 (Ref:2855632)   #29
bravo
Racer

England
North East England
bravo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Hamilton's comments are just part of the mind games. Vettel is obviously the biggest threat while he still has the dominant RBR. By saying that Alonso is his main rival, Hamilton is trying to get under the skin of Seb.
Old 29 Mar 2011, 22:21 (Ref:2855642)   #30
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nail on head I think there bravo.
Old 29 Mar 2011, 22:41 (Ref:2855649)   #31
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, it's probably just mind games. I don't think it will work though. It may not help Hamilton because Vettel will be more aggressive with him in battle and Vettel's a bit clumsy when racing other cars, so it's putting himself at greater risk.
Old 29 Mar 2011, 23:00 (Ref:2855654)   #32
schead
Racer

schead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridschead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by newlaprecord View Post
Thats bull, these guys only know one way to go and thats flat out. The only difference for them between a ROC race or ANY given race is that their bank account doesnt get bigger there. Once the lights are out they are programized to beat the opponent. (besides it was the finals, you wont throw a final in any circumtances anyway, its second nature to them that they need to win, its like breathing for you)
In 2004, after the most dominant performance by the most succesful driver in history in F1, Heikki Kovalainan beat Michael Schumacher in the ROC. Many people decided that this means that Heikki would come to F1 and dominate. Instead, he was mostly beaten by Fisichella in Renault, then thrashed by Lewis at McLaren before being banished to Lotus.
Old 30 Mar 2011, 01:21 (Ref:2855680)   #33
newlaprecord
Racer

Switzerland
Feusisberg
newlaprecord should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
7+ titles? That's going to be a little tricky with four ex-champions in the field, plus new talent like Perez, Petrov and Kobayashi.
By the end of this season he will be 24 and 2-times World Champion. If he races til 40 (and why wouldnt he) he would only need to win like every 3rd season from then on to become 8-times World Champion. Tricky for real but not completely unthinkable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schead View Post
In 2004, after the most dominant performance by the most succesful driver in history in F1, Heikki Kovalainan beat Michael Schumacher in the ROC. Many people decided that this means that Heikki would come to F1 and dominate. Instead, he was mostly beaten by Fisichella in Renault, then thrashed by Lewis at McLaren before being banished to Lotus.
So you reckon Schumi threw the final? You dont know the last thing about Schumi then (Besides, they dont drive F1 cars at ROC, I was talking about beating a WRC Champion driving the very same WRC car he drives for a living is rather special coming from an F1 driver)
Old 30 Mar 2011, 02:02 (Ref:2855683)   #34
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Definitely mind games...maybe it might have some oomph when Lewis drives something other than a McLaren
Old 30 Mar 2011, 02:15 (Ref:2855684)   #35
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by newlaprecord View Post
By the end of this season he will be 24 and 2-times World Champion. If he races til 40 (and why wouldnt he) he would only need to win like every 3rd season from then on to become 8-times World Champion. Tricky for real but not completely unthinkable.
It's not a given that he'll win this year, there's 18 more races and lots can happen and will between now and the end of the season.
Old 30 Mar 2011, 02:50 (Ref:2855691)   #36
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Again, this has the smell of one crusty black shirted manager all over it. This seems manufactured as hell.
Old 30 Mar 2011, 06:04 (Ref:2855709)   #37
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With a night slept over it I only just wonder which pills make you saying that or if Hamilton already suffers from delusions of grandeur.
Old 30 Mar 2011, 08:22 (Ref:2855750)   #38
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OR its mind games and he himself doesn't believe it.

he's just trying to get under Vettels skin and heap the pressure on Vettel.
Old 30 Mar 2011, 09:17 (Ref:2855771)   #39
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Lat year we were all suggesting Webber was the new Mansell.....

What gives??!!

That Hamilton's a card isn't he eh??

Next thing we know he'll be referring to Webber as the new Chris Amon and his teammate as the new Alain Prost.....
Old 30 Mar 2011, 09:28 (Ref:2855783)   #40
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
I am the new Bononi.
Old 30 Mar 2011, 09:55 (Ref:2855793)   #41
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy77 View Post
With a night slept over it I only just wonder which pills make you saying that or if Hamilton already suffers from delusions of grandeur.
Well, if being a F1 world champion in your early twenties doesn't give you a bit of a opportunity for grandeur, I'm not sure what does. (and going out with a Pussycat Doll must improve things in the grandeur stakes)

As to LH vs SV - SV has impressed me more and more the last year or so. I'm an LH fan(well, JB fan more so, but they are both British which is what counts for me), and this he will have his work cut out keeping up with SV this year, unless Mclaren really sort the car out. That RB is very quick, and in the hands of Vettel probably unstoppable unless the other teams find some more speed.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 30 Mar 2011, 09:57 (Ref:2855794)   #42
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kobayashi is the new Andrea de Cesaris
Old 30 Mar 2011, 11:23 (Ref:2855829)   #43
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Vettel is the new Hamilton.
Vettel is the new Clarkson.
Black is the new silver.
Old 30 Mar 2011, 11:48 (Ref:2855837)   #44
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I am the new Super Hans.
Old 30 Mar 2011, 11:56 (Ref:2855840)   #45
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy77 View Post
Most people lose sleep over things like keeping up with bills, job security, relationships etc...

The first thing you thought about this morning was this absolute non-story.
Old 30 Mar 2011, 12:15 (Ref:2855854)   #46
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
I am the new Super Hans.
I am the new Lotus Franz !
Old 30 Mar 2011, 12:16 (Ref:2855855)   #47
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am the new Spartacus.
Old 30 Mar 2011, 12:39 (Ref:2855867)   #48
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptclaus98 View Post
I am the new Spartacus.
What happened to the old one?
Old 30 Mar 2011, 12:50 (Ref:2855870)   #49
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Agador Sparticus?
Old 30 Mar 2011, 12:56 (Ref:2855875)   #50
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
I'm Sportacus!

Closed Thread