Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 26 Nov 2013, 13:54 (Ref:3336957)   #1
IndyMeister
Racer

IndyMeister should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2014 ADAC GT Masters

2014 ADAC GT Masters schedule

25/04 – 27/04/14 Motopark Oschersleben (DE)
09/05 – 11/05/14 Circuit Zandvoort (NL)
23/05 – 25/05/14 Lausitzring (DE)
06/06 – 08/06/14 Österreichring (AT)
08/08 – 10/08/14 Slovakia Ring (SK)
29/08 – 31/08/14 Nürburgring (DE)
19/09 – 21/09/14 Sachsenring (DE)
03/10 – 05/10/14 Hockenheimring (DE)

Maximum number of cars is 28.

All races will be broadcasted (and streamed) by German tv station Kabel eins.
Old 26 Nov 2013, 15:58 (Ref:3337025)   #2
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After the FIA GT series descend into Blancpain Sprint, it seems that GT Masters has a chance to be a better Euro GT series
Old 26 Nov 2013, 19:00 (Ref:3337079)   #3
Planty
Rookie

Czech Republic
Czech Republic
Planty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HTP Charouz team will decide between Blancpain,ELMS (rumours says LMP2) and GT Masters..so count in 2 possible SLS´s

+ ROWE from VLN is in
Old 26 Nov 2013, 19:38 (Ref:3337091)   #4
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoestForEver View Post
After the FIA GT series descend into Blancpain Sprint, it seems that GT Masters has a chance to be a better Euro GT series
With no races in Britain, Italy, France or Belgium, I can't say it's a proper European championship.
Old 26 Nov 2013, 19:50 (Ref:3337099)   #5
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
With no races in Britain, Italy, France or Belgium, I can't say it's a proper European championship.
Agree with you, but I believe it will achieve the reputation near DTM, with more rounds in Nogaro, Algarve, Zolder and Spa
Old 26 Nov 2013, 20:07 (Ref:3337109)   #6
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
But that's not ADAC's plan.
Old 30 Nov 2013, 20:53 (Ref:3338736)   #7
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Agree with you, but I believe it will achieve the reputation near DTM, with more rounds in Nogaro, Algarve, Zolder and Spa
DTM is fueled by factory support. ADAC GT won't have the same media profile.
Old 1 Dec 2013, 17:03 (Ref:3338936)   #8
Planty
Rookie

Czech Republic
Czech Republic
It is not ant wont be Euro GT, its more like the races are mainly in Germany, but lineup is international more than less...i dont know how good next year will be, as this season was a little turndown in numbers (for good of everyone). 2012 was grand with more than 10 manufacturers and all big teams. This year no exception.

Reminds me ADAC STW cup....with same intl. lineup and a lot of brands and good teams. Looks like big names likes to reunite in Germany from time to time...you cant deny it is a big profile series.
Old 1 Dec 2013, 17:42 (Ref:3338954)   #9
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
DS" should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The GT Masters has certainly grown over the years, but it still needs a lot to grow into the same level as DTM. The DTM, even with its falling TV ratings and crowd attendance numbers still gets higher crowds and ratings than the GT Masters. But one shouldn't underestimate the ADAC. They have lots of money and seem to be willing to push the GT Masters further into the public. Although the ADAC is also cooperating with the DTM, it can't do harm to have a finger into another pie .
Old 1 Dec 2013, 17:45 (Ref:3338955)   #10
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DS" View Post
The GT Masters has certainly grown over the years, but it still needs a lot to grow into the same level as DTM. The DTM, even with its falling TV ratings and crowd attendance numbers still gets higher crowds and ratings than the GT Masters. But one shouldn't underestimate the ADAC. They have lots of money and seem to be willing to push the GT Masters further into the public. Although the ADAC is also cooperating with the DTM, it can't do harm to have a finger into another pie .
I am still dreaming of a series of two or three endurance races with a combined field from DTM and ADAC-GT. Would be like our own Super-GT.
Old 1 Dec 2013, 18:41 (Ref:3338966)   #11
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
I am still dreaming of a series of two or three endurance races with a combined field from DTM and ADAC-GT. Would be like our own Super-GT.
DTM cars used to compete with SP9 SP8 cars in the Nur 24. Don't know why ADAC or ITR.e.V doesn't allow it any more.
Old 1 Dec 2013, 20:59 (Ref:3339010)   #12
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
DTM cars used to compete with SP9 SP8 cars in the Nur 24. Don't know why ADAC or ITR.e.V doesn't allow it any more.
Opel isn't in DTM anymore and Audi have the R8, Merc were never interested and have the SLS should they be.... So I guess it all comes down to a lack of manufacturer interest. (Though of course by now protecting the regular teams' investments in GT3 machinery might also play into it.)
Old 1 Dec 2013, 21:15 (Ref:3339020)   #13
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Opel isn't in DTM anymore and Audi have the R8, Merc were never interested and have the SLS should they be.... So I guess it all comes down to a lack of manufacturer interest. (Though of course by now protecting the regular teams' investments in GT3 machinery might also play into it.)
DTM cars are as fast as P2 cars now. They've just gotten too fast for that circuit.
Old 1 Dec 2013, 21:24 (Ref:3339022)   #14
Speed-King
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
DTM cars are as fast as P2 cars now. They've just gotten too fast for that circuit.
True enough, even the GT3s are almost down to 8 minutes flat on the VLN track (8:30 being considered the lower limit for "safe lap times" a few years ago).

But then, I wasn't necessarily thinking about Nordschleife for the endurance races...
Old 1 Dec 2013, 21:38 (Ref:3339025)   #15
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
Quote:
Yes, that's the point. Now I know why. However, isn't it pity that Nordscheleife is becoming a private test track (No offence to GTR and 911 fans ;-)) for marketing rather than a genuine race track for races other than VLN. Safety is important, yes, but I just feel uncomfortable with that.
Old 2 Dec 2013, 13:40 (Ref:3339250)   #16
Planty
Rookie

Czech Republic
Czech Republic
What i miss is "German endurance championship"..take GT3, GT4, Porsche cup and maybe some more classes from VLN, get them onto Oschersleben or Sachsenring or Lausitzring or Hockenheim for 3 or more hour race. Of course it is never going to be 100 cars on track at one time (whats these tracks capability? maybe somewhere around 50 cars?)

Or do 4h race for big cars and then 2 hour race for small cars.

I know....just dreaming.
Old 2 Dec 2013, 15:44 (Ref:3339317)   #17
Speed-King
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planty View Post
What i miss is "German endurance championship"..take GT3, GT4, Porsche cup and maybe some more classes from VLN, get them onto Oschersleben or Sachsenring or Lausitzring or Hockenheim for 3 or more hour race. Of course it is never going to be 100 cars on track at one time (whats these tracks capability? maybe somewhere around 50 cars?)

I know....just dreaming.
I'd love to see that as well, but everybody interested in endurance seems to be rather content with doing VLN.... There have been some one/off attempts with longer races outside the Eifel, but none of those ever really got off the ground. There is a series of 100 mile races for CN-Prototypes and GT-cars, but their races are only slightly longer than the ADAC GT "Sprints" and not all that well subscribed.
Old 2 Dec 2013, 16:12 (Ref:3339328)   #18
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:

I know....just dreaming.
With VLN so dominant I don't see that happen.
And with Nordschleife's layout I can see why.
Old 2 Dec 2013, 22:29 (Ref:3339509)   #19
Planty
Rookie

Czech Republic
Czech Republic
Quote:
There is a series of 100 mile races for CN-Prototypes and GT-cars, but their races are only slightly longer than the ADAC GT "Sprints" and not all that well subscribed.
Isnt that the AvD 100 meilen series? I saw the series last year at Oschersleben.Arent they sruggling with entries? As far as i remember they practiced with GTWC on track (just imagine...Samaras, Clios and CN prototypes in same session).
They also raced this year with our Czech championship field at Zeltweg, wich made some good numbers.
Old 3 Dec 2013, 18:10 (Ref:3339811)   #20
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
urdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridurdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
20 super sports cars already registered:

"Audi is the manufacturer that is best represented with six Audi R8s featuring among the 20 super sports cars already registered. Five Porsche 911s have also booked their places, plus four Corvettes and two BMW Z4s. For the present, one example of each of the following super sports cars has been entered: Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG, Lamborghini Gallardo and Chevrolet Camaro."

http://www.endurance-info.com/en/str...s-2014-season/

Looks like Lambda struggling in the last champ that can see their Ford GTs across Europe.
Old 3 Dec 2013, 18:41 (Ref:3339825)   #21
Speed-King
Veteran

Quote:
Isnt that the AvD 100 meilen series? I saw the series last year at Oschersleben.Arent they sruggling with entries?
Yeah, that one. As I said - not very well subscribed, which really is a shame... could be our own little VdeV, especially since the CN-prototypes can't run on the Nordschleife, but for some reason it just continues to underwhelm. Stupid race format (5 minute mandatory pitstop) doesn't help either. Sure, it makes for safe refueling, but it really makes the middle part of the races neigh unwatchable, as you really lose track of what's going on.
Old 4 Dec 2013, 11:27 (Ref:3340066)   #22
Planty
Rookie

Czech Republic
Czech Republic
Anyway, i cant wait until the start of the season, 25,28 car entry will be decent, 40+ cars like in 2012 was too much.I tried to keep up with standings every time, but i got lost anyway.

Will be nice to see maybe Viper or Bentley entry?
Old 13 Dec 2013, 16:02 (Ref:3343732)   #23
IndyMeister
Racer

Deutsche GT-Meisterschaft

There has been something like a German GT titile which included races from 1 hour to 24 hours. But it was no seperate championship and only consisted of selected race within different series:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deutsche_GT-Meisterschaft
Old 13 Dec 2013, 16:05 (Ref:3343737)   #24
IndyMeister
Racer

New cars in GT Masters

Quote:
Will be nice to see maybe Viper or Bentley entry?
Looking at the recent developments, I don't think Vipers or Bentleys will be very prominent in 2014. I'd love to be wrong, though...
Old 27 Dec 2013, 12:26 (Ref:3348138)   #25
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Subaru_WRX_STi has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
What ADAC GT Masters needs is a fair and equal BoP for everyone. In 2013 it was hilarious to see a car shared by René Rast and Christopher Mies outpaced in many races. No one can claim they are weak and they have stronger rivals!