Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 26 Apr 2004, 03:30 (Ref:951678)   #1
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Zytec performance...

Judging from the performance today of the factory 2004-spec Zytec at the LeMans test days, I think that this car can win in a straight fight against the Audi on a track other than the power intensive Circuit de La Sarthe. Should be interesting to see this car in action in the LMES events as I can definitely see it doing really well at the Nurburgring and Silverstone, and possibly Spa too.

Last edited by tblincoe; 26 Apr 2004 at 03:31.
Old 26 Apr 2004, 05:30 (Ref:951729)   #2
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
The Zytech, during one of its effort - more or less in the afternoon when they got the fourth overall...

Notice the plastic stuff pushing the pilots to stay on the track...
Old 26 Apr 2004, 06:47 (Ref:951812)   #3
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab

Notice the plastic stuff pushing the pilots to stay on the track...
Fab (or anyone), is there more information around about this plastic stuff?

FG
Old 26 Apr 2004, 08:01 (Ref:951886)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Fab, with the plastic stuff and that amount of kerb, do you think the Zytek team was really trying to set a good time (more than others?).

The time, at least, impressed me. I'm just trying to get a feel for it...
Old 26 Apr 2004, 12:21 (Ref:952151)   #5
sportscarsRULE
Racer

United States
Bristol, TN
sportscarsRULE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who is Zytek's third driver? One isn't listed on the LM website and I thought each driver to participate in the race had to do 10 laps in pre-Q. Surely they're not going to try it with just 2 drivers.
Old 26 Apr 2004, 12:41 (Ref:952178)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There will be 3. We just don't know who the other one is yet. (Sadly, my finance has fallen through........ )
Old 26 Apr 2004, 13:25 (Ref:952233)   #7
iucrmh
Racer

iucrmh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by sportscarsRULE
Who is Zytek's third driver? One isn't listed on the LM website and I thought each driver to participate in the race had to do 10 laps in pre-Q. Surely they're not going to try it with just 2 drivers.
Only each un-qualified driver needs to do the 10 laps on test day. I am still confused as to why Gabbiani and Ortiz weren't at the test day, they are supposed to be joining Andy Wallace, or is David Brabham really taking one of the spots? Lets hope so. The test day performance must surely help the sponsorship search.
Old 26 Apr 2004, 13:41 (Ref:952249)   #8
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Zytek's performance did not surprise me in the least yesterday...

I picked them as one of my Top 6 in PQ thread...

After watching tapes of the FIA-SCC season last year on "SpeedChannel" over the winter, in every race but Spa, the Zytek was either the fastest, or one of the two fastest, cars on the track....off-track incidents, a mechanical breakdown or whatever kept them from many higher finishes...

Everyone talks about RfH and Pescarolo....both showed very well over the weekend (esp. Pesca with the new Judd power)....but Zytek had both teams pretty weel covered last year in FIA-SCC if you go abck and actually watch the tapes of the races they competed in...

add to that Brabs and Wallace as 2 of the 3 pilots and you have a recipe for a strong contender in June....

Can they cover the Audis??

That may be a tall task, indeed....but out of the "Non-VAGS," Zytek would by my top pick for a team that could at leaast run competitively on a lap-to-lap basis with the Audis....whether or not they will last the full 24 hrs. may be another matter....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 26 Apr 2004, 16:56 (Ref:952491)   #9
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by FG1
Fab (or anyone), is there more information around about this plastic stuff?

FG
The only way to keep the pilots on the tarmac... efficient, there was less cars out than last year, IMO...

Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
Fab, with the plastic stuff and that amount of kerb, do you think the Zytek team was really trying to set a good time (more than others?).
For what I saw, I'd say yes : they were fighting everywhere. The Zytech and the others... except maybe the Diesel Taurus (and the 575 were a deception too, but that doesn't mean they were not trying to be faster).

Even the unprepared Spyannker was nice to see - and hear - in some parts of the track, once they fixed the first gearbox problems (Almo Coppelli and Rocky Agusta said to me that they had to put the new shifter in the car on saturday, and then work on the car the whole sunday... and in the afternoon, the car was reasonabily fast to be something else than a joke... I trust them - and BTW they are really friendly !

Bernard has a good picture of the pilots, taken on saturday morning ; I took one at 8am : the pit was empty, and they were first to go on the scrutineerings sheet !
Old 26 Apr 2004, 17:16 (Ref:952511)   #10
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
...Even the unprepared Spyannker was nice to see - and hear - in some parts of the track, once they fixed the first gearbox problems (Almo Coppelli and Rocky Agusta said to me that they had to put the new shifter in the car on saturday, and then work on the car the whole sunday... and in the afternoon, the car was reasonabily fast to be something else than a joke... I trust them - and BTW they are really friendly !

Bernard has a good picture of the pilots, taken on saturday morning ; I took one at 8am : the pit was empty, and they were first to go on the scrutineerings sheet !
here they are, Coppelli, Boulay and Agusta
Attached Thumbnails
clandesteam.jpg  

Last edited by bernard b; 26 Apr 2004 at 17:16.
Old 26 Apr 2004, 17:18 (Ref:952514)   #11
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Fab, taking news from Almo Coppelli

Attached Thumbnails
fab.jpg  
Old 26 Apr 2004, 19:04 (Ref:952622)   #12
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Blimey ! Tom Kristensen said to me that I have a nice jacket...

Thanks for that Bernard !

Last edited by Fab; 26 Apr 2004 at 19:05.
Old 26 Apr 2004, 19:10 (Ref:952629)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ah, but it'll be very second hand by June Fab. You might as well cast it away....... (in my direction..... )