Old 14 Jun 2004, 18:07 (Ref:1003833)   #1
Sphinx
Rookie

Sphinx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A new guy from Rio greet and ask....

Hi everybody!
I am Sphinx from Rio de Janeiro.
I send my greets for everybody!
I am a publisher of the Die-Cast (hobby that collected a small models in metal. Normally it is car models) Virtual Magazine in Brazil.
So, would like to talk about the silhoutte of the Bugattis in the Gold Era.
When I see in the fantastic Snellman site, some time, I make a confusion around the real sillhoute of bugattis models.
Exemple: What the diferrence between one Buggatti Type 37 and 35?
I ask this because, in the future a think, if I have permition of the Mrs. Snellman, I will prepair one special article that show the die-cast models about the race cars of Gold Era.
To this, it is necessary for me use the silhoette to discorver the die-cast models into the brasilians collections.
So can I help me, please!
Thanks in advance
Sphinx
Old 14 Jun 2004, 18:46 (Ref:1003896)   #2
David McKinney
Veteran

David McKinney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In profile, there's almost no difference between a T37 and a T35, except that the eight-cylinder models (except the 35A) would have Bugatti cast alloy wheels and the T37 normal wire wheels
Many T37s were however fitted with alloy wheels in period
Front-on, a standard T37 would have a smaller radiator than at least the later T35 variants
That's a start - I hope others are able to help more
Old 14 Jun 2004, 21:17 (Ref:1004049)   #3
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Welcome aboard Sphinx!

Bemvindo a Ten-Tenths!!
Old 15 Jun 2004, 05:37 (Ref:1004273)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This could be one for Eclectic.

Welcome to 10/10s Sphinx
Old 15 Jun 2004, 07:25 (Ref:1004327)   #5
eclectic
Racer

Scotland
Glasgow, Scotland.
eclectic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
David has got it right in one. On a scale of 1/43 you can hardly see a difference apart from the wheels.

Steve McQueen.
Old 15 Jun 2004, 08:25 (Ref:1004388)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So which came earlier. The 37 or the 35? I ask because the cast wheels would suggest a later development.
Old 15 Jun 2004, 11:17 (Ref:1004557)   #7
Sphinx
Rookie

Ok guys thanks so much!
"Little Paul" um abraço especial para você que está por aÃ* na terra do Hobbin Hood! És luso ou brazuca?

Only in the wheels?!!!
I no this kid of difference!
But I din't belive that it is only!

Normaly I see the 37 with "radiate wheels" (like it is common in Jaguar - excuse guys but I dont know the correctly word in english) and 35 with the kid of stars wheels (like - proportional thinks, similar - it is common in the actual Ferraris).
But some times, I see one order difference in the "capô", hood or bonnet, maybe.
The 37 has just one side line (I am not consider the up on lines, right) of rifts hood and 35 has two side line of rifts hood.
So, guys tell me if is my impression or it is real?
If I have the opportunit I will edict the silhetes here for our help me, ok. It is possible?

I finish send for your my sincerly thanks for your helps.
Sphinx
Old 15 Jun 2004, 11:34 (Ref:1004583)   #8
Sphinx
Rookie

Gentlemans order think.
I made a mistake in my signature, how I do to change my signature?
Is it possible?
I forgot put on: [ img ] in begin and [ /img ] at the behind, for the image to open in the finish of the message!
Sphinx

Last edited by Sphinx; 15 Jun 2004 at 11:35.
Old 15 Jun 2004, 11:39 (Ref:1004590)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Sphinx.

Are you trying to upload an avatar? If so I don't think its possible in the signature.
Old 15 Jun 2004, 17:32 (Ref:1005018)   #10
Sphinx
Rookie

Yes Peter!
I belived that was possible!
Sorry!
So, now, how do I to remove my avatar adress of the signature and re-edict my signature?
Sphinx
Old 15 Jun 2004, 18:08 (Ref:1005054)   #11
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
. Go to the top of the screen and click on "control panel". Then "edit profile".
Old 15 Jun 2004, 19:10 (Ref:1005148)   #12
Sphinx
Rookie

Thanks Peter!
Sorry, I didnt see because all thinks it is new for me!
Remeber, normaly the foruns are very complex organization until the english visits. So, now image for one brasilian guy!
But if you and orders help me, I'll make one effort to understand all recourse in 10/10s forum, right!
One more time, thanks
Sphinx
Old 16 Jun 2004, 05:41 (Ref:1005504)   #13
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Er. We also don't recommend you to advertise your website in the signature. However why not promote it through our armchair enthusiats forum.
Old 16 Jun 2004, 14:03 (Ref:1005846)   #14
Sphinx
Rookie

Ok, all right!
Sorry again!

I alredy removed the address of DCCvm!
So, now, I asking you:
- Is it good now?
I just wrotte, in the signature, my function on the DCC Team.
Tell me if good now?
One more time, thanks!

Sphinx

Last edited by Sphinx; 16 Jun 2004 at 14:06.
Old 16 Jun 2004, 14:06 (Ref:1005848)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Looks good to me. But I'm not a moderator in this forum, just trying to help out.

Certainly pop into Armchair Enthusiast and you'll find loads of peeps to talk to.

Old 16 Jun 2004, 14:22 (Ref:1005858)   #16
Sphinx
Rookie

Ok, Peter!
I think that you stay one line!
Dear Peter I see your and I know that you no the moderator!
But, in my opinion, it is important, to rookie like me, ever listen the old guys in 10/10s.
But, now, I think is good and I'll make a test!
I'll belive that wont a problems if a use like this.
If the moderator ask me I'll change, right.

Order think:
- What do you impression about my english?
I said to you and orders guys, that I am self-taught person in english, because the course and teacher it is expensive in Brazil!

Some times I have one or two problens if you use a difficult word!
If possible, my dear, I sugeste when you talk me that you use a simple words, ok!

One more times
Thanks a lot of!
Sphinx

Last edited by Sphinx; 16 Jun 2004 at 14:24.
Old 16 Jun 2004, 14:49 (Ref:1005890)   #17
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally posted by Sphinx
Ok, Peter!
listen the old guys in 10/10s.
OLD!!!!!

Your English is better than my Portuguese.
Old 16 Jun 2004, 15:44 (Ref:1005946)   #18
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Old 17 Jun 2004, 16:40 (Ref:1007147)   #19
Sphinx
Rookie

Ya! Peter, of corse!

I wasn't to speak about your years old!
I spoke about your veteran state!
If you made confusion about my idea, S O R R Y!
I think this is one problem of my bad engish!

One guy that has 9194 post, to me, it is veteran at the forum, right!

I think that Little Paul loves this confusion, too! Take a look the smile that paulzinho used!!!
Ha, ha, ha.....
Sphinx

Last edited by Sphinx; 17 Jun 2004 at 16:45.
Old 17 Jun 2004, 16:49 (Ref:1007150)   #20
Chris Griffin
Racer

England
Theale, Berkshire, UK
Chris Griffin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You're right Sphinx, Peter is in a veteran state!
Old 17 Jun 2004, 17:52 (Ref:1007180)   #21
Sphinx
Rookie

Cris, I fill one double sense in your thread.
Ha!

Last edited by Sphinx; 17 Jun 2004 at 17:54.
Old 17 Jun 2004, 17:53 (Ref:1007181)   #22
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I'll get you for that Chris.