Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 29 Jan 2018, 14:45 (Ref:3796625)   #26
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Tesla Model S Shooting Brake

Old 29 Jan 2018, 15:44 (Ref:3796642)   #27
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Can't be that new. . . it's got a 2001 UK number plate!
Old 29 Jan 2018, 19:46 (Ref:3796688)   #28
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Brand View Post
Can't be that new. . . it's got a 2001 UK number plate!
It's a private reg (the car didn't exist in 2001). It's a one-off custom job however.
Old 30 Jan 2018, 18:41 (Ref:3796951)   #29
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
pretty cool modification imo.

with so many cool names for these types of body designs (station wagons, sport wagons, estate cars, shooting brakes, and now sportbrakes) there really should be more of them on the road.

so much nicer looking then SUVs and crossovers!
Old 30 Jan 2018, 19:35 (Ref:3796969)   #30
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Really? That car is cool? It's almost like they said hey that Nissan minivan is sweet, let's build a knock-off. I don't like any of the Teslas after the Lotus, so my opinion isn't worth much for some, but that's the worst Tesla ever.
Old 30 Jan 2018, 19:47 (Ref:3796971)   #31
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
what can i say...i like the wagons so someone turning a sedan into a wagon is cool to me!

though i will agree that im throwing the word 'cool' around too much!
Old 30 Jan 2018, 22:04 (Ref:3796997)   #32
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It’s just a one off for some dude who wanted to get his dogs in the back of his car. Won’t be seeing many of them around. It’s a bit square, but I quite like the rear arch.

Does raise a question of how much those dogs are worth give he’s modifying a very expensive car for them, lol.
Old 31 Jan 2018, 07:46 (Ref:3797083)   #33
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
To my eyes, it’s a nicely resolved conversion. I showed the pic to my Model S owning buddy and he dismissed it, reckoning the aero will be negatively affected. I was going to argue that some wagons have better cd than their saloon siblings...... (think Volvo 850 )

Making one off or limited production estates / wagons from sedans / saloons goes back a long way. IMO some were really ugly, some amazingly good looking (AM Bertone Jet from 2013 for instance), and surely the Panamera ‘wagon’ is better looking than the normal version? OK, not difficult.....
Old 31 Jan 2018, 13:46 (Ref:3797155)   #34
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Really? That car is cool? It's almost like they said hey that Nissan minivan is sweet, let's build a knock-off. I don't like any of the Teslas after the Lotus, so my opinion isn't worth much for some, but that's the worst Tesla ever.
Yes that car is cool, and I also don't find the Nissan minivan offensive! Have you seen the Buick wagon? I also think it's cool.

Here it is, although we are straying away from the thread topic

http://m.buick.com/sedans/regal-tourx-luxury-wagon.html
Old 31 Jan 2018, 15:55 (Ref:3797190)   #35
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Yes that car is cool, and I also don't find the Nissan minivan offensive! Have you seen the Buick wagon? I also think it's cool.

apparently the tourx wont be available in canada...that strikes me as odd.
Old 1 Feb 2018, 12:53 (Ref:3797441)   #36
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post

That's it, you and your potential fire trap Mazda are no longer allowed near our campsite. I can't trust any one who thinks a Buick could be anything other than terrible. Ok, that might be over the top but their commercials are SO bad, and the cars are ugly as sin, especially that convertible thing they make

And no, I think in Buick's eyes you have put than in just the right spot. They spend all their time trying to convince you it's luxury and not an SUV in the 2 Enclave commercials I've seen.
Old 1 Feb 2018, 18:23 (Ref:3797514)   #37
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
That's it, you and your potential fire trap Mazda are no longer allowed near our campsite. I can't trust any one who thinks a Buick could be anything other than terrible. Ok, that might be over the top but their commercials are SO bad, and the cars are ugly as sin, especially that convertible thing they make

And no, I think in Buick's eyes you have put than in just the right spot. They spend all their time trying to convince you it's luxury and not an SUV in the 2 Enclave commercials I've seen.
when i roll up in my new Enclave, you're going to be jealous!
Old 3 Feb 2018, 18:18 (Ref:3798080)   #38
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I can't trust any one who thinks a Buick could be anything other than terrible.
My Mom drives a Regal.
Old 21 Feb 2018, 16:59 (Ref:3802959)   #39
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Volvo V60

4.76 m long (!!!)

T8 385 bhp plug-in hybrid

Old 22 Feb 2018, 12:25 (Ref:3803129)   #40
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
It’s just a one off for some dude who wanted to get his dogs in the back of his car. Won’t be seeing many of them around. It’s a bit square, but I quite like the rear arch.

Does raise a question of how much those dogs are worth give he’s modifying a very expensive car for them, lol.
Bit more on the Model S conversion, turns out it was built few miles from me by these people- http://qwestnorfolk.co.uk, and the donor car belongs to one of the directors. They are prepared to convert another 30 cars if the market is there, and Tesla were consulted during the work.

There’s a write up on the conversion in (UK) Autocar this week. Appears the owner has a Labradoodle, and they are not cheap, plus need lot of space.....
Old 28 Feb 2018, 20:28 (Ref:3804704)   #41
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Audi A6 sedan

4.94 m long

204-340 hp engines
7- or 8-speed automatic gearboxes
Four-wheel steering

Old 6 Mar 2018, 14:21 (Ref:3806252)   #42
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Mercedes-AMG GT 4-door Coupé

3.0L inline-6, 430 hp
4.0L V8, 575 or 630 hp

Just in case the CLS wasn't sporty enough.
Old 6 Apr 2018, 17:45 (Ref:3813321)   #43
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Kia K900

5.12 m long
3.3L 365 hp gasoline engine
AWD, 8-speed automatic transmission

Old 6 Apr 2018, 20:07 (Ref:3813363)   #44
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Kia K900

5.12 m long
3.3L 365 hp gasoline engine
AWD, 8-speed automatic transmission

It looks like someon has welded the front end of a Ford Mondeo to the mid section of an Audi A5 and then added the back end of a Mercedes E class - and not in a good way!
Old 7 Apr 2018, 10:47 (Ref:3813547)   #45
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Is a bit of a mash isn't it. Ford Mondeo grill, Mercedes lights.
Old 7 Apr 2018, 10:55 (Ref:3813551)   #46
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The air intake below the front grill is hideous. A bit like a blackened-toothed Cheshire Cat gone wrong.
Old 2 Oct 2018, 16:10 (Ref:3854107)   #47
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
BMW 3 Series

4.71 m long
160-375 hp engines

Old 3 Oct 2018, 17:10 (Ref:3854336)   #48
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Looks good.
Old 16 Jan 2019, 17:56 (Ref:3876542)   #49
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
BMW 7 Series

5.12 / 5.26 m long

3.0L Diesel engine
4.4L V8 and 6.6L V12 gasoline engines
3.0L hybrid gasoline-electric engine

Old 17 Jan 2019, 08:25 (Ref:3876644)   #50
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
One UK magazine this week talks of the ‘bolder-looking grille’... That’s one way to describe it- I can think of others!