Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 23 Sep 2018, 22:12 (Ref:3852310)   #1851
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
It could be Sean Brown, a very fast guy, young and nice person. He entered several times in HTC by PA, good cars too.

Browns 1, 2 and 3 in qualifying.

Is that a first (time) on a grid with open entries?
Old 24 Sep 2018, 10:13 (Ref:3852359)   #1852
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Seems JDC is under new ownership- http://www.eadt.co.uk/business/jobs-...kept-1-5701669

I wonder how much Jean Marc Paid for the business? BTW ‘Woodham Mortimer’ is the name of a nearby village. Slight lack of imagination there?
Old 24 Sep 2018, 11:02 (Ref:3852367)   #1853
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, when I tried to research that company last week I came up with a blank. Seems the real owners are HPS, an investment company. Better be sure to maintain the profit levels in a business where nothing is particularly certain.
Old 24 Sep 2018, 14:33 (Ref:3852405)   #1854
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Have a look to Charme Capital private equity fund, it will tell you more.
Old 24 Sep 2018, 15:42 (Ref:3852411)   #1855
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
No doubt Charme took a big hit on the sale of JDC.....

How does the small print go.......?

”The value of your investment may go down as well as up”

Last edited by Mike Bell; 24 Sep 2018 at 16:30.
Old 26 Sep 2018, 13:38 (Ref:3852774)   #1856
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some dates for the calendar mods:

VSCC 2019 provisional 2019 dates. I see they're going to Brands Hatch next year instead of Mallory Pk (although the photo used was taken at Cadwell!):

https://mailchi.mp/vscc/formula-vint...sletter-357259
Old 1 Oct 2018, 08:43 (Ref:3853754)   #1857
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I saw that Bob Bullen was walking about in the hills in Spain and asked him where he was, it turns out that he is just up the road !! looks like there might be a lot of old b******s talked in one of the bars soon
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 2 Oct 2018, 02:56 (Ref:3853958)   #1858
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Im missing Spain already..... left on Sunday, arrived back in a chilly damp Melbourne this morning after 6 weeks of 30C sun, shorts and t shirts, beach bars and general perfect laid back Spanish lifestyle spending time at my Mothers place.
Old 2 Oct 2018, 10:29 (Ref:3854012)   #1859
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Merc officially announced the ‘A35’ AMG version of their new A class last week. Luckily there is someone old enough at Autocar to know what an A35 really is/was, and included a pic of the Austin version!
Old 2 Oct 2018, 14:38 (Ref:3854080)   #1860
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Merc officially announced the ‘A35’ AMG version of their new A class last week. Luckily there is someone old enough at Autocar to know what an A35 really is/was, and included a pic of the Austin version!

Passed my test in an A35 van, almost 51 years ago..........
Old 2 Oct 2018, 16:01 (Ref:3854104)   #1861
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Im missing Spain already..... left on Sunday, arrived back in a chilly damp Melbourne this morning after 6 weeks of 30C sun, shorts and t shirts, beach bars and general perfect laid back Spanish lifestyle spending time at my Mothers place.
It's took a drop in temperature today, only 24c indoors but hotter in the sun
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 2 Oct 2018, 16:09 (Ref:3854106)   #1862
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Passed my test in an A35 van, almost 51 years ago..........
I remember an A35 van that came in for an MOT that belonged to a "chippy" about 50 years ago. We failed it on a door sill that was made of a lump of wood
although it was perfectly made and looked the part
Old 2 Oct 2018, 17:25 (Ref:3854131)   #1863
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I remember an A35 van that came in for an MOT that belonged to a "chippy" about 50 years ago. We failed it on a door sill that was made of a lump of wood
Varnished Iroko? Oiled Teak? If it was made from a softwood offcut I can understand why you failed it......
Old 3 Oct 2018, 06:41 (Ref:3854225)   #1864
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Our kitchen work surface are oiled Iroko . . . . they've lasted longer than a lot of cars.
Old 3 Oct 2018, 06:55 (Ref:3854227)   #1865
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I thought you were going to say that the sill was mad out of fried King Edwards Gordon, then remembered the other meaning of the word 'chippy'!
Old 3 Oct 2018, 09:25 (Ref:3854247)   #1866
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Varnished Iroko? Oiled Teak? If it was made from a softwood offcut I can understand why you failed it......
It was even painted to match the rest of the vehicle and the owner had done a good job, but the guy that was doing the MOT tapped it and said it sounds like a lump of wood and the magnet test proved it
Good job he wasn't testing a Morgan !!
Old 3 Oct 2018, 13:26 (Ref:3854283)   #1867
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Especially if said Morgan has optional alloy body......

Bit of news for Mr Elwin...... Lotus are going to build a museum alongside the Hethel test track. Oh, and their new CEO (replacing the current stop gap Geely Man) is ex Sunseeker Yachts. Appears the parent company want to establish Lotus as a premium luxury brand....
Old 3 Oct 2018, 14:49 (Ref:3854301)   #1868
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Especially if said Morgan has optional alloy body......

Bit of news for Mr Elwin...... Lotus are going to build a museum alongside the Hethel test track. Oh, and their new CEO (replacing the current stop gap Geely Man) is ex Sunseeker Yachts. Appears the parent company want to establish Lotus as a premium luxury brand....
Yes, I know. Something Clive's been trying to get off the ground for a long time. Just a pity Lotus sold-off so many of their prototypes etc some years ago...
Old 3 Oct 2018, 15:46 (Ref:3854318)   #1869
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Yes, I know. Something Clive's been trying to get off the ground for a long time. Just a pity Lotus sold-off so many of their prototypes etc some years ago...
What a shame, I find prototype cars so fascinating both in a what if? kind of way and marvelling at the engineering (or not!) that went into them.
Old 3 Oct 2018, 17:06 (Ref:3854334)   #1870
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Just to change the subject . Trusty Delta truck passed MOT today . Happy days
Old 3 Oct 2018, 17:21 (Ref:3854340)   #1871
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good stuff.
Old 3 Oct 2018, 18:21 (Ref:3854356)   #1872
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Just to change the subject . Trusty Delta truck passed MOT today . Happy days
So you hadn't repaired the chassis with bits of 4x2
Old 3 Oct 2018, 19:03 (Ref:3854369)   #1873
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Thank you Gordon . Interesting she failed yesterday as there are new rules on side lights distance between lights . I rushed back and replaced the reflectors with new LED amber lights . Truck now looks like a Christmas tree. I waited at test centre while examiner checked the lights . Had a quick chat with him and noticed a strong Scottish accent . What brings you down here I say . His answer was they are short of testers down here so he was shipped 400 miles to come down south for the week . Sure seems odd to me .
Old 3 Oct 2018, 20:51 (Ref:3854397)   #1874
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Had a quick chat with him and noticed a strong Scottish accent . What brings you down here I say . His answer was they are short of testers down here so he was shipped 400 miles to come down south for the week . Sure seems odd to me .
Don't be surprised that there' a shortage of testers, It's a crap job paying crap money with appalling terms and conditions.
Old 4 Oct 2018, 06:38 (Ref:3854447)   #1875
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There's a huge waiting list for truck tests round here, six to eight weeks. Mine's booked for later this month and had a check over yesterday, all the garage can see is a bit of damage to a wheel arch so fingers crossed for a cheaper month than last year!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk