Old 17 Feb 2016, 07:14 (Ref:3615367)   #26
Apple
Racer

England
E.Sussex
Apple should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Mitchell View Post
And there's me thinking this was a Motorsport related thread!
Bill Armitidge is just compiling a list - he's not going!

Hi Mark are you talking about a list for COTA F1 or Azerbaijan.
Old 1 Mar 2016, 12:56 (Ref:3619008)   #27
Fubar Andy
Rookie

United Nations
North West
Fubar Andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did anyone apply to attend the Baku F1GP?

I got a couple of emails back about a "Skype interview" and sending my personal details over to them (no bank details) including a scanned photo of my passport and my passport number.
  • My full name
  • My Father's name
  • Full address
  • Email
  • Passport number and exp date
  • Any criminal convictions

Quote:
Dear Andy,

Bla bla bla...

...Also I would love to ask you to fill in the accreditation form and send it back with copy of your passport and photo.
Best Regards,
Rana Rahimova
Marshals Programme

Anyone else had anything similar, or similar experiences with overseas marshaling?

Cheers

Andy
Old 1 Mar 2016, 17:09 (Ref:3619047)   #28
Apple
Racer

England
E.Sussex
Yes, I've had the interview, and sent the info off, it's for a visa that you collect at the airport in Baku.
Very nice young lady does the Skype interview.
Old 1 Mar 2016, 18:03 (Ref:3619055)   #29
Fubar Andy
Rookie

United Nations
North West
Ah that's cool then!

Got my session this Friday *fingers crossed*
Old 1 Mar 2016, 21:31 (Ref:3619121)   #30
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple View Post
"My name is Viktorija and you look like a nice man. Why not come to visit me in Baku..."

Makes a change for it to be genuine!
Old 2 Mar 2016, 02:16 (Ref:3619169)   #31
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar Andy View Post
Did anyone apply to attend the Baku F1GP?

I got a couple of emails back about a "Skype interview" and sending my personal details over to them (no bank details) including a scanned photo of my passport and my passport number.
  • My full name
  • My Father's name
  • Full address
  • Email
  • Passport number and exp date
  • Any criminal convictions

Anyone else had anything similar, or similar experiences with overseas marshaling?

Cheers

Andy
The application for the Mexican GP last year included an extensive and quite frankly outrageous survey incl. questions like "how is your sex life?"!

For the record: I didn't apply, I was never interested in the event but got the info passed on from a fellow marshal who was (and ended up pulling his application).

Old 2 Mar 2016, 07:16 (Ref:3619187)   #32
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sorry, Bernie, I'll be a little busy at a small event in France...
keke
Old 3 Mar 2016, 10:02 (Ref:3619509)   #33
Fubar Andy
Rookie

United Nations
North West
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
and quite frankly outrageous survey incl. questions like "how is your sex life?"!
I actually laughed when I read that!
Old 3 Mar 2016, 15:29 (Ref:3619564)   #34
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Rumor has it the Mexicans are trying to elevate their 'psychological interview survey' to FIA standard for all their world championship events (F1, WEC) worldwide.

Wondering who'll be laughing then.... (ouch!)
Old 4 Mar 2016, 13:08 (Ref:3619882)   #35
Fubar Andy
Rookie

United Nations
North West
Quote:
Yes she was!

Looks like I'll be if there too!
Old 17 Mar 2016, 15:08 (Ref:3623605)   #36
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotation View Post
BA and Azerbaijan Airlines will get you there, direct from Heathrow.

If you want the cheap option, change in Constantinople / Istanbul.
Resurrected this because, for anyone considering going, BA will be ceasing their flights to Baku from the end of April due to a lack of passengers.
Old 31 Mar 2016, 16:49 (Ref:3629075)   #37
Apple
Racer

England
E.Sussex
I've got the okay, and have booked my flight, see you there
Old 9 Apr 2016, 07:25 (Ref:3631400)   #38
Samoan Attorney
Veteran

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
While Bernie and co will tell you all is fine and dandy in Baku events may overtake them. http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world...bakh-1.2603951
Old 9 Apr 2016, 17:46 (Ref:3631510)   #39
Apple
Racer

England
E.Sussex
Baku is a long way away from that
Old 9 Apr 2016, 17:59 (Ref:3631513)   #40
Samoan Attorney
Veteran

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Baku is a long way away from that
I am well aware of where Baku is.............how you get there and back is the concern............ask those who flew on MH17 about being over lands that are disputed in that region. If you do go, enjoy the experience and come back safely, good marshals are hard to find.
Old 9 Apr 2016, 19:33 (Ref:3631542)   #41
Apple
Racer

England
E.Sussex
Thanks
Old 12 Apr 2016, 17:21 (Ref:3632142)   #42
Richard Duvall
Racer

England
Rochford
Richard Duvall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder how many people even know where Azerbaijan is? Makes me wonder why there is going to be an F1 race there!
Old 12 Apr 2016, 18:14 (Ref:3632150)   #43
Fubar Andy
Rookie

United Nations
North West
I'd say it's more of a advertisement for their country.

If never really heard much about Adu Dhabi until they started sponsoring teams and the F1 GP popped up!
Old 13 Apr 2016, 12:20 (Ref:3632305)   #44
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Duvall View Post
I wonder how many people even know where Azerbaijan is? Makes me wonder why there is going to be an F1 race there!
The answer to most things F1 is the same.

Money.

I guess in this case Azerbaijan hope that after the F1 people will know where it is and want to go there, whilst Bernie will hope to keep pushing up the price until they don't have to any more at which point they'll go somewhere even stranger.
Old 13 Apr 2016, 16:50 (Ref:3632365)   #45
Aardvaark
Rookie

England
Timperley, Altrincham
Aardvaark should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was working in Baku (mid 90s) last time there was a bit of an altercation on the borders - it's not that far ...!! We called it the "Wild East"! But it's an amazing city and great people. Anyone who goes, make sure you check out the old town.
Old 15 Apr 2016, 05:07 (Ref:3632829)   #46
Samoan Attorney
Veteran

News in from the excellent Joe Saward blog

The good news is that the fighting between Armenians and Azerbaijanis over the Nagorno-Karabakh region, about 250 miles to the west of Baku, has now stopped after several days of quite intense fighting.
Old 15 Apr 2016, 15:43 (Ref:3632993)   #47
dwmxr
Rookie

dwmxr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 Baku credentials yet?

Have any marshals heard back from BakuF1 since being "accepted." Buddy and I went through the Skype interview and sent in the package of info, were notified (congratulations!) 3/31. Sent off the requested additional documents @4/1. Going to need at least a visa promise letter to board the Frankfurt/Baku flight. Not concerned yet just wondering if anyone has been getting further info. Damn the torpedos! This is going to be a unique weekend!
Old 15 Apr 2016, 19:20 (Ref:3633076)   #48
Apple
Racer

England
E.Sussex
Email Rana there is another form to fill in and also send a copy of your ticket I believe
Old 15 Apr 2016, 22:31 (Ref:3633122)   #49
dwmxr
Rookie

dwmxr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BakuF1

Sent off the requested additional documents @4/1. Have you received any Further confirmation?
Old 16 Apr 2016, 06:54 (Ref:3633190)   #50
Apple
Racer

England
E.Sussex
Quote:
Email Rana there is another form to fill in and also send a copy of your ticket I believe
Email Rana again