Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Mar 2004, 16:23 (Ref:890257)   #1
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
The order of things....

With 1st qualifying changed (i started typing friday quali's before realising my mistake ), anyone sure of the order the drivers run in on saturday? Will, for the first weekend, last seasons championship table decide the order? If so, it will be....

MS, KR, JPM, RB, RS, FA, DC, JT, JB, MW, GF, CDM, NH, OP, TS, FM, CK, GP, GB, ZB

or will it be the result at the race in Japan, where it will be.....

RB, KR, DC, JB, JT, TS, CDM, MS, NH, OP, MW, RS, GF, FA, JPM, FM, CK, GP, GB, ZB

I'm hoping it's the results of Japan that decide the 1st qualifying order, makes a change from seeing the top 3 go out on the track first.

4 days till track action
Old 1 Mar 2004, 16:25 (Ref:890260)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's the result of the last race.
Old 3 Mar 2004, 11:57 (Ref:892255)   #3
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm sure that I read somewhere that they were going to go out in number order - So Scheuy and the Rubens would be first.

Can anyone confirm this - or Kicking-back's answer?
Old 3 Mar 2004, 12:14 (Ref:892279)   #4
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kicking back is right. Last race. The rule changed this year. Again igh:
Old 3 Mar 2004, 12:17 (Ref:892281)   #5
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cheers.

goes off to find source and burn it
Old 3 Mar 2004, 13:22 (Ref:892333)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
kb and red are right. Even though it is the first race of the year they are still using the results of the last race, so RB first. ZB will be last because of the rookies he has the highest number.

Just a small general point. I'm not too keen I think that a new season should be totally new. Everyone starting afresh.
Old 3 Mar 2004, 13:30 (Ref:892338)   #7
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Yeah me too. Like in 1 hour qualifying session, max 12 laps each?
Old 3 Mar 2004, 13:31 (Ref:892339)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not a bad idea, I like it!

hey Max what about...
Old 3 Mar 2004, 13:52 (Ref:892368)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
12 laps each ?????

Isn't a free pratice ?
Old 3 Mar 2004, 14:13 (Ref:892391)   #10
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
How about 4 sessions, two on Friday and two on Saturday. Each session two hours long, grid formed on the basis of best single laps by each driver, no matter which session.

So what if it isn't "good" TV. Its racing.
Old 3 Mar 2004, 14:23 (Ref:892405)   #11
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Hmm I like that. TV can still broadcast only the last one, when serious business will happen. The amount of tyres can be increased, the 1 engine rule however doesn't really fit in this schedulle. Anyway, anything is better than this 1 lap/toss a coin order shootout farce.
Old 3 Mar 2004, 14:38 (Ref:892419)   #12
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What ? How come this newbies suggesting changes when those rules are PERFECT ??????
Old 3 Mar 2004, 18:54 (Ref:892656)   #13
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I am going to make a suggestion, in keeping with the FIA penchant of late for changing things for no reason whatsoever:

How about -

1) The teams declare (in secret, until the last qualy session is over) the level of fuel in their cars. THEN

2) The times set are the then worked out proportionally, that is represetnatively, as to how near 100% was possible with that fuel load (based on FIA-sealed simulations). THEN

3) Follows a 12 minute session whereby if anyone has a tyre delamenation, or gearbox troubles, they are docked 6.43% of their time. HOWEVER

4) The teams have a period of 15 minutes in which to lodge their appeal. To be decided by a local panel of soon to be released prisoners (Community Service, you see).

Now that is the way it works.

I figure it is pointless enough, flawed enough, detracts from proper racing enough - and, crucially, generally unpopular enough to be perfect.

I propose myself to take over from Max when he retires!

I hope you like my perfect, wonderful propositions for future F1.