Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 23 May 2022, 16:53 (Ref:4111070)   #26
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Good weekend for Comtoyou/Audi.
Old 22 Jun 2022, 14:43 (Ref:4116639)   #27
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Standings after Spa-Francorchamps:

* 1. ARG Franco Girolami (Audi), 205 pts
* 2. NED Tom Coronel (Audi), 174
* 3. FIA Klim Gavrilov (Cupra), 153
* 4. ESP Isidro Callejas (Cupra), 145
* 5. GBR Josh Files (Hyundai), 133
* 6. GBR Jack Young (Honda), 107
* 7. ESP Pepe Oriola (Honda), 107
* 8. ITA Nicola Baldan (Hyundai), 102
* 9. CZE Jáchym Galáš (Hyundai), 100
* 10. FRA John Filippi (Cupra), 98

Next round is on June 2-3 at the Norisring, which can be interesting.
Old 22 Jun 2022, 14:45 (Ref:4116640)   #28
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
BrutalFish exit: https://bit.ly/3HHagaO
Old 22 Jun 2022, 16:19 (Ref:4116648)   #29
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Basically, Ryba can't hack it and has thrown his toys out of the pram.
Old 23 Jun 2022, 16:18 (Ref:4116721)   #30
GusGasfuss
Racer

Germany
Ravensburg, Germany
GusGasfuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimmy View Post
Basically, Ryba can't hack it and has thrown his toys out of the pram.

That was my thoughts too. Or maybe running out of money in some ways.
I didn't understand, how someone could do such a team and don't take it as a marketing thing. But no energy drink is known under "Brutal fish" etc.
Old 27 Jun 2022, 15:38 (Ref:4117222)   #31
Alessio
Racer

Italy
London
Alessio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It seems as if they've left on good terms with the rest of the series, so surely more financial than anything else
Old 27 Jun 2022, 18:08 (Ref:4117249)   #32
GusGasfuss
Racer

Germany
Ravensburg, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio View Post
It seems as if they've left on good terms with the rest of the series, so surely more financial than anything else

Yes, maybe his hobby. But as far as i understand, they did it serious and could also do something with it, like establishing energy drink etc.

But in a way, i am curious, what might "kill" the fun for Martin Ryba?
Old 2 Jul 2022, 03:49 (Ref:4117768)   #33
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great to see Stian Paulsen back.
Old 2 Jul 2022, 22:45 (Ref:4117846)   #34
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good race after that unnecessarily long safety car.

Nice to hear Andy McEwan on that race. Anything to stop Paul Jeffrey talking 100% of the time.
Old 4 Jul 2022, 17:46 (Ref:4118243)   #35
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I only have seen race 1 at the Norisring but hope the track will return next season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Great to see Stian Paulsen back.
Old 16 Oct 2022, 16:38 (Ref:4130507)   #36
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Franco Girolami is the 2022 champion.
Together with TCR Italy it was my favorite TCR series in 2022.
Old 16 Oct 2022, 16:41 (Ref:4130508)   #37
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
The TCR Europe paddock has been hit with scandal on the final day of the season as one of the teams accused another of intellectual property theft.

On Sunday morning at Barcelona, Hyundai Motorsport customer team Target Competition put out a statement about alleged actions committed by Comtoyou Racing, an Audi Sport customer team and the series’ champion team. The statement read as below:

“During the course of the weekend of the final round of the 2022 TCR Europe season in Barcelona, Target Competition learned about the theft of a season’s worth of onboard videos, including winter testing by a competitor team.

“The engineer of the competitor Comtoyou Racing stole a Target Competition hard drive, downloaded the confidential videos of all our drivers without our permission or knowledge and then distributed them in pre-event Team Information to their team and drivers, giving them an unfair competitive advantage at the last weekend of the TCR Europe season at Barcelona.

“Furthermore, they also still possess all videos from the 2022 season which can be used to continue gaining an illegal advantage from our intellectual property going forward. This unsporting behaviour, in our opinion, should not go unpunished. Without a favourable decision, we will have to look into the legal options available to us.”

Full article

No sympathetic behaviour of Comtoyou.
Old 17 Oct 2022, 08:09 (Ref:4130564)   #38
GusGasfuss
Racer

Germany
Ravensburg, Germany
I would wait, what will be the outcome.

I don't know, what an Audi-team could use of this data from a Hyundai team?
Old 17 Oct 2022, 13:30 (Ref:4130591)   #39
TR4racer
Racer

United Kingdom
London
TR4racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGasfuss View Post
I would wait, what will be the outcome.

I don't know, what an Audi-team could use of this data from a Hyundai team?
It's not data, it is on-board video footage...
Old 17 Oct 2022, 18:50 (Ref:4130630)   #40
GusGasfuss
Racer

Germany
Ravensburg, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR4racer View Post

Maybe, but what can be seen there? What can be used from old races?

And of course: how can another team get their hands on it? Someone broke into their race transporter? Where is something like this stored?
Or did someone forgot this hard drive somewhere else than their own box?
Old 17 Oct 2022, 19:05 (Ref:4130633)   #41
Adamcas87
Racer

England
Old hairpin
Adamcas87 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAdamcas87 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Franco Girolami is the 2022 champion.
Together with TCR Italy it was my favorite TCR series in 2022.
Yeah I agree with that TCR Italy is so competitive
Old 17 Oct 2022, 20:27 (Ref:4130643)   #42
TR4racer
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Quote:
Maybe, but what can be seen there? What can be used from old races?

And of course: how can another team get their hands on it? Someone broke into their race transporter? Where is something like this stored?
Or did someone forgot this hard drive somewhere else than their own box?
The statement from Target states that A ComtoYou engineer took a hard drive. A lot can be learnt from on-board videos. The ComtoYou drivers were observed on the Friday watching the Target on-board videos.
Old 18 Oct 2022, 07:41 (Ref:4130671)   #43
GusGasfuss
Racer

Germany
Ravensburg, Germany
Quote:
The statement from Target states that A ComtoYou engineer took a hard drive. A lot can be learnt from on-board videos. The ComtoYou drivers were observed on the Friday watching the Target on-board videos.

Who observed that?
Where was the hard drive taken?

The on-board-videos might be not from Barcelona, maybe from earlier races this year. I can't see any advantages, that they can obtain from watching "old" onboard-footage...

It will be interesting, how this case will go on?
Old 18 Oct 2022, 07:52 (Ref:4130674)   #44
TR4racer
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Quote:
Who observed that?
Where was the hard drive taken?

The on-board-videos might be not from Barcelona, maybe from earlier races this year. I can't see any advantages, that they can obtain from watching "old" onboard-footage...

It will be interesting, how this case will go on?
The hard drive was stolen by a ComtoYou engineers according to the statement. The hard drive contained all driver on-board videos from Targets pre-season testing in Barcelona this year, ComtoYou did no pre-season testing in Barcelona so the Target on-board videos would have had a value.

As you say, let's see how this plays out.
Old 18 Oct 2022, 08:00 (Ref:4130676)   #45
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I can't see any advantages, that they can obtain from watching "old" onboard-footage...
On one side of this - why would they steal them if there is no advantage?

On the other side - some advantages are given here (there are many more examples out there).
Old 18 Oct 2022, 11:14 (Ref:4130693)   #46
GusGasfuss
Racer

Germany
Ravensburg, Germany
I don't think, that guys like F.Girolami, T.Coronel, Vervisch etc. need some video to know Barcelona. Especially in a different car.

If the hard drive would be, where it should (in Targets box/Transporter/hospitality), it can be very difficult to steal it.

Then i would rather think, that someone lost it outside of Targets "property", and someone found it (maybe Engineer of Comtoyou).
Otherwise Target could make an issue at the police station, rather than just a statement.

I don't want to accuse Comtoyou (as i was not there), but i can't really think of any professional team, that let an Engineer steal property of other team and will watch it together...
Sounds for me like a hollywood movie...
Old 18 Oct 2022, 18:31 (Ref:4130755)   #47
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Is it only inboard video or is there also telemetry data added to the video? The latter case has value.
Old 18 Oct 2022, 18:36 (Ref:4130757)   #48
TR4racer
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Quote:
I don't think, that guys like F.Girolami, T.Coronel, Vervisch etc. need some video to know Barcelona. Especially in a different car.

If the hard drive would be, where it should (in Targets box/Transporter/hospitality), it can be very difficult to steal it.

Then i would rather think, that someone lost it outside of Targets "property", and someone found it (maybe Engineer of Comtoyou).
Otherwise Target could make an issue at the police station, rather than just a statement.

I don't want to accuse Comtoyou (as i was not there), but i can't really think of any professional team, that let an Engineer steal property of other team and will watch it together...
Sounds for me like a hollywood movie...
Are you suggesting that Target lied with their statement? I can only think that they had all the evidence required before going to the media, anything else would leave them open to a huge defamation case...

I guess the truth will come out over time.
Old 18 Oct 2022, 18:41 (Ref:4130758)   #49
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle. Target engineer lost a bag with the disk, Comtoyou found it and watched the videos.

BTW Comtoyou denies accusations:
Quote:
“We read this Sunday at 1pm the statement published on Instagram by Target srl, competitor of the TCR Europe 2022. This statement was also relayed by TouringCarTimes at 4pm.

“In no case did Comtoyou Racing steal data or videos from the competitor, and in no case did we refuse a meeting to talk about it. These statements are purely and simply false and defamatory.

“We formally dispute the allegations contained in this communication and we request the publications be immediately removed and that an official denial be immediately published by the competitor. We demand that these points be respected, otherwise we will file a complaint with the authorities within 24 hours for slander and defamation.”

https://www.touringcartimes.com/2022...nterstatement/
Old 18 Oct 2022, 20:08 (Ref:4130766)   #50
TR4racer
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle. Target engineer lost a bag with the disk, Comtoyou found it and watched the videos.

BTW Comtoyou denies accusations:

https://www.touringcartimes.com/2022...nterstatement/
let battle commence, it will be interesting to watch.