Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 28 Feb 2020, 20:20 (Ref:3960458)   #101
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
GTE Pro is still the most anticipated category I think here despite losing 6 cars between BMW and Ford. But that is more of a reflection of the rest of the field here. LMP1 has no depth. Rebellion and Ginetta reliability will justly be questioned. LMP2 is well...LMP2 never cared for that class except for when it got the overall lead in 2017. GTE Am is a fleet of Porsches, Ferraris, and 2 Astons.

All three factory GTE Pro WEC teams are doing rather well. Each race has been a toss up between them. I think the Corvette C8 will be much more competitive at Le Mans than at COTA. I think Sebring will be good for them too. I look forward to this race. Will miss those cool on board streaming videos the Ford team had. Would be nice if Porsche and Chevrolet would step up and make their on boards fully free to the public during the race.
Old 28 Feb 2020, 20:45 (Ref:3960461)   #102
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Did anybody else notice the ACO sneaking in a new regulation within the presentation?

All cars are now to be painted White.
Old 28 Feb 2020, 20:59 (Ref:3960464)   #103
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nobody has mentioned yet, but ByKolles was not given an entry. Yikes, I would have thought the ACO would like all the P1 cars they could get. But I can't complain by including another Oreca or Ferrari-Am car...
Old 28 Feb 2020, 23:34 (Ref:3960493)   #104
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Will Rick Ware really run that Riley? There previous generation Asian LMS Am Ligier would probably be quicker.

I mean, I hope they do. But it is slow.

GTE Am is going to be quiet with all those Ferraris. Kinda looking forward to GT3 taking over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Nobody has mentioned yet, but ByKolles was not given an entry. Yikes, I would have thought the ACO would like all the P1 cars they could get. But I can't complain by including another Oreca or Ferrari-Am car...
I think these might be linked. Can't imagine RWR will be able to actual sell seats in that junk. Hopefully they'll admit defeat and withdraw early enough.

ByKolles is on the reserve and first prototype. If a prototype withdraws do they replace with proto or first car in the list?
Old 28 Feb 2020, 23:43 (Ref:3960495)   #105
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
Looks like a LMP2 championship!

Envoyé de mon SM-A600FN en utilisant Tapatalk
I'm for a bit of BoP so that the LMP2 are only a 1s away from LMP1. Bugger it let's have millions of cars in with a chance.
Old 28 Feb 2020, 23:44 (Ref:3960496)   #106
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Is it because they weren't given an entry or did they not bother.
Old 29 Feb 2020, 02:42 (Ref:3960523)   #107
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post

Is it because they weren't given an entry or did they not bother.
They're on the reserve list, so I guess they did submit an entry.
Old 29 Feb 2020, 08:04 (Ref:3960560)   #108
Irie
Racer

Irie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Happy to see Risi
Old 29 Feb 2020, 08:54 (Ref:3960570)   #109
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post

ByKolles is on the reserve and first prototype. If a prototype withdraws do they replace with proto or first car in the list?
Reserve list runs in order regardless of class of car.
Old 29 Feb 2020, 10:26 (Ref:3960582)   #110
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Lowest ever entry for LMP1. Let's hope for a great race and that the Hypercars boost numbers again
Old 29 Feb 2020, 10:56 (Ref:3960584)   #111
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If ByKolles are, we think, building a LM hypercar then that's a ballsy move putting them in the reserves.

The sooner they blow up the class structures and start again the better.

Anyway regardless of how unexciting the list is, I do enjoy this period where we can start to get the gaps in the entry list locked down.

DSC with a couple of bits - http://www.dailysportscar.com/2020/0...-24-entry.html

Daniel Gaunt and Nobuya Yamanaka joining SVG in the #35 Eurasia
Rene Binder in the #34 Inter Europol car
Ben Barnicoat in the #45 Thunderhead Carlin Racing
Old 29 Feb 2020, 13:02 (Ref:3960596)   #112
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
If ByKolles are, we think, building a LM hypercar then that's a ballsy move putting them in the reserves.

Although, the ACO gets lots of criticism for making unfathomable or difficult to defend decisions and they have been quite clear that participation in an ACO or IMSA series are pre-requisites for a Le Mans race invitation. ByKolles are probably lucky to be second reserve.
Old 29 Feb 2020, 17:44 (Ref:3960655)   #113
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
They're on the reserve list, so I guess they did submit an entry.
I read through the PowerPoint, but not the table.

Well, they’ve put entering most of the races on their own reserve list so fair enough.
Old 1 Mar 2020, 00:41 (Ref:3960707)   #114
JLGarcia
Racer

JLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I think these might be linked. Can't imagine RWR will be able to actual sell seats in that junk. Hopefully they'll admit defeat and withdraw early enough.

I'm sure they could fill the slots, but I thought the reason for the rumored switch to a GT3 Audi for IMSA was that the Daytona crash trashed the Riley tub.
Old 1 Mar 2020, 03:17 (Ref:3960720)   #115
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLGarcia View Post
I'm sure they could fill the slots, but I thought the reason for the rumored switch to a GT3 Audi for IMSA was that the Daytona crash trashed the Riley tub.
It was rumored they couldn't get parts in time, then couldn't sell the ride after missing Daytona. The Daytona drive was supposed to fund most of the season, or so it was claimed. I personally question if the car can run, and if they can run it well anyway.
Old 2 Mar 2020, 19:18 (Ref:3961068)   #116
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
The worst entry list in years.
Old 10 Mar 2020, 23:51 (Ref:3962900)   #117
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
SO24 with Bourdais, Gommendy and Vincent Capillaire (thumb up ! )
Old 11 Mar 2020, 08:15 (Ref:3962971)   #118
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
SO24 with Bourdais, Gommendy and Vincent Capillaire (thumb up ! )
https://endurance24.fr/bourdais-capi...-du-mans-2020/

Double-checked this and it's just personal backing for local man Bourdais. He's still in the Ferrari.
Old 11 Mar 2020, 12:50 (Ref:3963042)   #119
Mike E
Veteran

JEV in the #26 G-Drive. No surprise there.

https://endurance24.fr/jean-eric-ver...-drive-racing/
Old 12 Mar 2020, 12:08 (Ref:3963411)   #120
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
https://endurance24.fr/bourdais-capi...-du-mans-2020/

Double-checked this and it's just personal backing for local man Bourdais. He's still in the Ferrari.
This article gives a different tune :
https://www.endurance-info.com/fr/se...graff-au-mans/
It's said that Boudais, Gommendy and Capillaire have only a partnership with SO24, which is different than the Endurance-24 article. So, yes, they should race with the teams for which they are already scheduled.
Old 19 Mar 2020, 10:52 (Ref:3965490)   #121
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Will the postponement of the race have an impact on teams like Rebellion who were going to end motorsport activities after Le Mans. Will they compete in September(if the race does take place this year at all) or would they decide not to participate anymore?

I am aware that the world situation is bigger than motorsports and when Le mans will take place and who will enter the race is a secondary matter at this point - it is just intriguing who might be running in the race in September taking into account also a potential recession
Old 19 Mar 2020, 11:14 (Ref:3965492)   #122
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's a good question. I'm reasonably confident that Rebellion will want to do Le Mans in September. They have every chance (expectation even) of a podium finish, or better if Toyota slip up somehow. I just can't see them letting that slip through their hands....
Old 19 Mar 2020, 11:31 (Ref:3965501)   #123
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
The question does not concern only Rebellion but also the teams with gentlemen drivers whose engagement and help to the teams depend also on the health of their own entreprise which might be impacted by the economic crisis following the pandemic (Perrodo, Dalla Lana, Thiriet, Krohn...)
Old 14 Apr 2020, 12:20 (Ref:3970739)   #124
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
First entry cancellation as the G56 SRT41 car pulls out.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2020/0...-24-hours.html

It should open up the space for first reserve #55 Spirit of Race Ferrari.

You have to assume the entry/driver rosters will be very loose this year. Would you write that cheque currently when you don't know whether you'll race or not?
Old 14 Apr 2020, 13:14 (Ref:3970752)   #125
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
ByKolles shouldn't be too worried about not making the cut now