Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 4 Nov 2008, 11:38 (Ref:2327800)   #1
HrRACING
Veteran

United Kingdom
Shropshire / Mid Wales
HrRACING should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rallycross Drivers 2008 - Europe

Following on from the UK thread...

Div1 - Hansen - (hardest championship to win for years, always there or there abouts and took title with a round to go)

Div1a - Pinomakki / Lysen - (Jussi had it done this year, and proved his car was legal, but Mats made a stunning debut and is certainly one to watch in the future i think!)

Div2 - Derek Tohill - (Loved watching Derek mix it with the mega experienced Castoral and Kotek, and was really unlucky on more than one event. Should have been on podium at least four more times and at least one more win!)

RX Cup - De Kersmacher - (didnt have the fastest car in the end but experience payed out and still got the results when it mattered)

Most entertaining driver - Loov (always fast but usually went off at some point spoiling his chances for wins. If he can get it tidy real bet for title)

Unluckiest driver - Erikson - (his team seemed to have niggly issues and then seemed to get wrapped up in the Grondholm thing and maybe this had an effect on Andreas.)

OR Kevin Proctor - (made the Puma go and fast as it could go and often faster, but its a rallycar, coupled with some bad luck meant for a steep learning curve. Bring on next year, and the fast new car!)
Old 4 Nov 2008, 11:49 (Ref:2327808)   #2
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Keersmaecker slowest car? Every time I saw him he was about 3 laps in front
Old 4 Nov 2008, 12:01 (Ref:2327817)   #3
HrRACING
Veteran

United Kingdom
Shropshire / Mid Wales
HrRACING should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where did it say he has the slowest car?? It says he didnt have the fastest car, Loov was much quicker over a single lap. That has no bearing on results as we know.
Old 4 Nov 2008, 12:51 (Ref:2327850)   #4
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
schanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Most entertaining driver - Loov (always fast but usually went off at some point spoiling his chances for wins. If he can get it tidy real bet for title)

OR Kevin Proctor - (made the Puma go and fast as it could go and often faster, but its a rallycar, coupled with some bad luck meant for a steep learning curve. Bring on next year, and the fast new car!)[/QUOTE]

The number of times I have seen loov he has always struck me with his Balls'y driving! If ever a driver should step up to Div1 and prove to be a worthy contender I think its him? in the same mold as Hunsbedt and dare i say it Schanche

The xsara looks made for rear wheel drive and the angles he gets it at reminds me of the BMW days against the RS500's

As for Kevin all the days of perservearing with the Puma have put him in good steed for an all out attack with the focus one hell of a car in his hands if he stays at home next year a well worthy future GB1 the cars is so sorted i just hope he can continue the run next year, B final finishes next year in the ERC a distinct possibilty or even A finals but the competition is so fierce now from earlier years..
Old 4 Nov 2008, 14:09 (Ref:2327922)   #5
pgrogan
Racer

Ireland
Kildare
pgrogan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HrRACING
Following on from the UK thread...

Div1 - Hansen - (hardest championship to win for years, always there or there abouts and took title with a round to go)

Div1a - Pinomakki / Lysen - (Jussi had it done this year, and proved his car was legal, but Mats made a stunning debut and is certainly one to watch in the future i think!)

Div2 - Derek Tohill - (Loved watching Derek mix it with the mega experienced Castoral and Kotek, and was really unlucky on more than one event. Should have been on podium at least four more times and at least one more win!)

RX Cup - De Kersmacher - (didnt have the fastest car in the end but experience payed out and still got the results when it mattered)

Unluckiest driver - Erikson - (his team seemed to have niggly issues and then seemed to get wrapped up in the Grondholm thing and maybe this had an effect on Andreas.)

OR Kevin Proctor - (made the Puma go and fast as it could go and often faster, but its a rallycar, coupled with some bad luck meant for a steep learning curve. Bring on next year, and the fast new car!)
after seeing kevins performance yesterday (5 seconds faster than anyone in only a 3 lap heat) i would definatly tipp him as a dark horse in the ERC next year. A nice guy at the back of it all makes him a good package.
Old 4 Nov 2008, 14:28 (Ref:2327936)   #6
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HrRACING
Where did it say he has the slowest car??
Sorry, misread your post a little!
Old 4 Nov 2008, 15:18 (Ref:2327962)   #7
R-SPORT
Rookie

R-SPORT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kevin also had the heat of the year in Sweden when he rolled the car on the first corner and came back to win it !

Most entertaining Supercar for me was Freddy Holte, the angles he was getting the volvo back from was amazing to watch.

oh and Unluckiest driver for me would have to go to Isachsen. God knows how many punctures he had during the year in total. But at least twice he was robbed of a win because of them.
Old 4 Nov 2008, 17:59 (Ref:2328066)   #8
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by R-SPORT
[…] oh and Unluckiest driver for me would have to go to Isachsen. God knows how many punctures he had during the year in total. But at least twice he was robbed of a win because of them.
Not to forget his so-called jump starts…
Old 4 Nov 2008, 18:09 (Ref:2328072)   #9
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Have to agreee about Holte! The guy was superb in a realtively old car.

Also I think Pat did well towards the end of the year. As did Norkus, Olivier Anne went better than last year sometimes too.

Disappointments were teh speed of Eklund, I know he is old but... Also the amount of slow guys in good cars!!