Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 3 Apr 2012, 15:25 (Ref:3052942)   #1251
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Talking of Paris have you all watched the film Rendezvous". Bet you thought I could not spell that word.
Do you mean the 1995 French film "Rendez-Vous in Paris"?
Old 3 Apr 2012, 15:31 (Ref:3052945)   #1252
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Talking of Paris have you all watched the film Rendezvous". Bet you thought I could not spell that word.

Marvellous things these spel chekas aint lay.?
What car was it they used? Was the film speeded up?What route was used?
In fact,it does make for some pretty good viewing,especially when the driver has to take a different route to what was planned. Ought to be one done in London!!
Old 3 Apr 2012, 15:34 (Ref:3052947)   #1253
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Marvellous things these spel chekas aint lay.?
What car was it they used? Was the film speeded up?What route was used?
In fact,it does make for some pretty good viewing,especially when the driver has to take a different route to what was planned. Ought to be one done in London!!

Impeccable taste Comte!
Old 3 Apr 2012, 16:40 (Ref:3052975)   #1254
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wasn't it called C'etait un rendezvous or something like that. And didn't the director do the driving? And don't the geeks argue over whether it was speeded up or not?
Old 3 Apr 2012, 16:56 (Ref:3052990)   #1255
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
How about one of the most amazing cartoon films ever- 'Belleville Rendez-vous', which for the unitiated follows the dream of a French youngster to win the Tour de France.

Compte, I can just see you on that 916. No- hang on, it's someone else.......
Old 3 Apr 2012, 17:41 (Ref:3053016)   #1256
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Wasn't it called C'etait un rendezvous or something like that. And didn't the director do the driving? And don't the geeks argue over whether it was speeded up or not?
Well Max,"was it the coil"
Old 3 Apr 2012, 17:41 (Ref:3053017)   #1257
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by compte deGraves View Post
Do you mean the 1995 French film "Rendez-Vous in Paris"?
No - it was a short film attributed to Claude Lelouch called simply Rendezvous and was to test a gyro-stabilised camera moutning. It was allegedly hung on the front of a Ferrari 275GTB and whether it was speeded up and/or who was driving is still a matter of some conjecture.
If you love Paris (particularly in the 1970's), it's a must see. Spirit Level Films SLFREND02D.
It's one of my treasured possessions and makes me both happy and nostalgic in equal measure.

Last edited by johngee; 3 Apr 2012 at 18:09.
Old 3 Apr 2012, 18:50 (Ref:3053068)   #1258
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee View Post
No - it was a short film attributed to Claude Lelouch called simply Rendezvous and was to test a gyro-stabilised camera moutning. It was allegedly hung on the front of a Ferrari 275GTB and whether it was speeded up and/or who was driving is still a matter of some conjecture.
The camera was mounted on a Mercedes with the Ferrari sound added.

http://boiteaoutils.blogspot.co.uk/2...e-lelouch.html
Old 3 Apr 2012, 19:05 (Ref:3053079)   #1259
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
I also have a copy John,very good to watch. I had a feeling Iain shouldn't have
mentioned it! We can just sit back now and read the comments.
Old 3 Apr 2012, 19:28 (Ref:3053088)   #1260
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Raine View Post
The camera was mounted on a Mercedes with the Ferrari sound added.

http://boiteaoutils.blogspot.co.uk/2...e-lelouch.html
Thanks Alan. I'd heard that rumour before but never seen it confirmed. Another illusion shattered.

...... like the tooth fairy?
Old 3 Apr 2012, 20:07 (Ref:3053110)   #1261
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I am gutted Alan all this time I thought the car was a Ferrari.If it was a sound track I am even more impressed that a missed gear was introduced as well, Still as I drive a 18 ton Merc cant be all that bad.
BTW Christopher Tate came by Saturday at Donnington and said hello. His first question to me was how is the black truck running. Hmmmmmmm are you lot talking about me behind my back.Got to go now and watch the film again.
BTW BTW I bought a new copy of "Le Mans" mine's worn out

Last edited by delta; 3 Apr 2012 at 20:13.
Old 3 Apr 2012, 20:27 (Ref:3053122)   #1262
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm gutted about the tooth fairy
Old 3 Apr 2012, 21:18 (Ref:3053155)   #1263
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Ryan View Post
I'm gutted about the tooth fairy
Never mind Cliff, good old Santa's still around. (Isn't She?)
Old 4 Apr 2012, 04:40 (Ref:3053259)   #1264
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
I am gutted Alan all this time I thought the car was a Ferrari.If it was a sound track I am even more impressed that a missed gear was introduced as well, Still as I drive a 18 ton Merc cant be all that bad.
BTW Christopher Tate came by Saturday at Donnington and said hello. His first question to me was how is the black truck running. Hmmmmmmm are you lot talking about me behind my back.Got to go now and watch the film again.
BTW BTW I bought a new copy of "Le Mans" mine's worn out

Perhaps Chris has a look in here every so often?
Old 4 Apr 2012, 06:37 (Ref:3053274)   #1265
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
can someone tell Arthur, know he's £4 up for the bottom two Arthurs wobbling his himself!

more worrying is his new found ability to write a list of jobs to do with a tick box and value . . . he did me for £20 last week
Old 4 Apr 2012, 16:33 (Ref:3053531)   #1266
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks to everyone for this. Here is the link for anyone who has not seen it (brilliant):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NJzr...eature=related
Old 4 Apr 2012, 16:52 (Ref:3053544)   #1267
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Just off to the Nurburgring wonder what events will happen this trip. Happy Easter and safe racing where ever you are.
Old 4 Apr 2012, 19:16 (Ref:3053654)   #1268
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Just off to the Nurburgring wonder what events will happen this trip. Happy Easter and safe racing where ever you are.
Iain, you never did fill us in on the 'gun in your face' scenario - unless I missed it! always possible I s'pose.

And this is a thread I dont fancy scrolling through!!
Old 4 Apr 2012, 22:34 (Ref:3053761)   #1269
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
can someone tell Arthur, Now he's £4 up for the bottom two He's wobbling them his himself!
I think thats what I thought I typed!

has anyone done a google maps, or actually driven the route to check the timing of C'était un Rendez-vous . . . . . it doesn't look sped up, just the sound isn't quite right
Old 4 Apr 2012, 23:12 (Ref:3053794)   #1270
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post

has anyone done a google maps, or actually driven the route to check the timing of C'était un Rendez-vous . . . . . it doesn't look sped up, just the sound isn't quite right
I know that route well enough (pretentious moi? ) and, in the 70's, I believe it was just about 'do-able' if a) it was around dawn in mid summer - appears to be from the light and traffic and, b) it wasn't your car or you could afford the risk of potential damage - Lelouce could! and c) you could afford the risks of 'les flics' recording your number - again Lelouche could - he had 'friends' in the right places.
Apparently, the sound was 'overlaid' on the film afterwards.
I don't believe it would be remotely possible today with the heavy police presense in Paris - but one can dream!
Old 5 Apr 2012, 14:59 (Ref:3054102)   #1271
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
Nowadays there is never a time when the Parisienne streets are not without quite a lot of traffic. Unlike the Charente:
Attached Thumbnails
Graves 2007.jpg   017.jpg  
Old 5 Apr 2012, 15:06 (Ref:3054109)   #1272
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I found this photo amongst the clutter in the attic today of my other half (in a previous career) in the 70s in an advert for Terry's eggs and thought I'd wish you all a
Attached Thumbnails
SE2.jpg  
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 5 Apr 2012, 17:44 (Ref:3054164)   #1273
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I found this photo amongst the clutter in the attic today of my other half (in a previous career) in the 70s in an advert for Terry's eggs and thought I'd wish you all a
Cor, she's a looker, why did you dump her and marry Sue?

I'll get me coat shall I.
Old 5 Apr 2012, 22:05 (Ref:3054274)   #1274
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Cor, she's a looker, why did you dump her and marry Sue?

I'll get me coat shall I.
With such sophisticated words like that Tim I bet you had the pick of the girls in your day !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 6 Apr 2012, 12:20 (Ref:3054448)   #1275
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by compte deGraves View Post
Nowadays there is never a time when the Parisienne streets are not without quite a lot of traffic. Unlike the Charente:
*sigh* OK so the mean streets of Bromham aren't exactly traffic filled, but it's no way as idyllic and warm as that...