Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 May 2002, 14:56 (Ref:291574)   #1
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bet on Barrichello

Might not be as foolish as it sounds. For Rubens to win Schuamcher clearly has to be out of the race, but as usual Rubens' odds reflect that. So - how likely that mechanical or driver error spoils the day for the number one red car? Not all that unlikely at Monaco, as Michael has proved more than once before. If there's one race that shuffles the deck more than any other, it's this one.
Old 21 May 2002, 15:02 (Ref:291582)   #2
Kex
Veteran

England
The Palace of Dreams
Kex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We can only hope.
Old 21 May 2002, 15:04 (Ref:291585)   #3
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm praying TGF retires. And then from the next race, and the next race, and the next race etc etc
Old 21 May 2002, 15:07 (Ref:291588)   #4
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ALSO . what if ?????.....Rubens is leading the race with TGF close behind , would Ferrari dare to instruct Rubens to move over , or even more so would TGF want to risk more back lash in taking another win from Rubens . If this is the case , Rubens might be worth a alittle flutter on .
Old 21 May 2002, 15:24 (Ref:291605)   #5
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No doubt - a repeat of Austria would happen, one way or the other. Plenty of other options though - a little nudge trying to pass a back marker, a puncture, JPM having a go (if he can get near!), plus mechanical gremlins too numerous to mention. Clearly, all of these could just as easily affect Rubens - but he is the driver in form, driving smoothly and faultlessly. Schumacher is capable of losing his form for a race or two if he doesn't feel right - happened last year at Monza/Indy, could happen again.

An even better bet, which Ferrari can do nothing about, is qualifying. The spread is even wider on the two Ferrari's odds for qualifying.
Old 21 May 2002, 21:00 (Ref:291889)   #6
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Glen, we really must get you down Gamblers Anonymous!!

but for any of you who are thinking of having a flutter bear in mind this :-

1997 tgf
1998 hakkinen
1999 tgf
2000 coulthard
2001 tgf
2002 ???

so, should the recent history carry on, bet on someone other than tgf, i, personaly am a jinx when it comes to betting, and tend to jinx anyone/thing i back, thats why i picked tgf in the predictions comp!!
Old 21 May 2002, 21:25 (Ref:291912)   #7
J.McClane
Veteran

J.McClane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Sato san
ALSO . what if ?????.....Rubens is leading the race with TGF close behind , would Ferrari dare to instruct Rubens to move over , or even more so would TGF want to risk more back lash in taking another win from Rubens.
Yup, you can bee 100% sure they will do "it" again.
But a little less obvious this time i think, you can bet on that
Old 22 May 2002, 11:43 (Ref:292437)   #8
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe we should have a poll on this subject. How will Ferrari Rubens this week?
Old 22 May 2002, 11:56 (Ref:292465)   #9
Glen
Veteran

Just wait a few days and find out for real. Even if something is implemented during the race, qualifying will tell it's own story.
Old 22 May 2002, 12:36 (Ref:292517)   #10
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If RB should let TGF pass, certainly Ferrari will make sure it happens before the last 7 laps...
Old 22 May 2002, 16:32 (Ref:292735)   #11
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How can Ferrari make sure of that? Ferrari isn't driving the cars ...

If I got that call again and I were Rubens, I'd jam on the brakes and power slide sideways from the final corner to the finish line like Johnny Herbert did at Sears Point.

Let that try to pass THAT!
Old 22 May 2002, 16:49 (Ref:292742)   #12
J.McClane
Veteran

I think that IF it were to happen again, Barras should make it look ad obvious as possible.
I mean WHEN Shu does retire who are they gonna have as No.1?
Barras has nothin' to loose but a lot to gain.
Old 22 May 2002, 17:12 (Ref:292758)   #13
Glen
Veteran

Right, so in his campaign to endear himself to his team you think he should be as embarrassing as possible?
Old 22 May 2002, 17:37 (Ref:292790)   #14
Glen
Veteran

Anyway, about the betting. Just done it (I must be mad) - £10 @ 4/1 Barrichello to win. Basically a bet on the chances of Schumacher running into trouble. Judging by my luck with gambling this should guarantee a crushing win for Schumacher and a start-line electronic failure for Barrichello!
Old 22 May 2002, 18:03 (Ref:292817)   #15
J.McClane
Veteran

It has nothin' to do with tyin' to impress his team.

Well i bet on Barras to win at the last race, last time i do that(well until Shu has gone anyway).
Old 22 May 2002, 18:21 (Ref:292835)   #16
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Glen
Anyway, about the betting. Just done it (I must be mad) - £10 @ 4/1 Barrichello to win. Basically a bet on the chances of Schumacher running into trouble.
read my earlier post Glen, the pattern will continue and tgf won't win!!, but if the pattern is to continue, it will be a McLaren victory to KIMI (as Hakk and DC have both won once!)...........Whats the odds?

Quote:
Originally posted by Glen
Judging by my luck with gambling this should guarantee a crushing win for Schumacher and a start-line electronic failure for Barrichello!
i sincerely hope not! if this is your luck, for the good of the championship, could you please bet on tgf!!