Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 4 Nov 2010, 08:46 (Ref:2784781)   #51
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh, I'm sorry - the thread hasn't got any news for a long time. The season is over, Ukhov (S2000) and Kozlovsky (S1600) are the champions. Now we have some event dates for 2011:

22 may - Smolensk-Ring (permanent track) NEW
19 june - Kursk (street circuit)
3 july - Nizhnii Novgorod (permanent track)
31 july - Smolensk-Ring (permanent track)
21 august - Canyon-Kazan (permanent track) NEW
11 september - Lipetsk (street circuit)
25 september - Luzhniki (around Olympia stadium) or Moscow Raceway (NEW)

I'm a little bit dissapointed that Smolensk has got 2 rounds and NN has only 1. The last event will be held at Luzhniki (this year there was a non-championship event and there were some crashes and even rolling-barrel by a pilot who unsuccessfully drived onto the border) or at Moscow Raceway (if that complex is ready).

Unfortunately, they have to drop Krasnoyarsk events. Maybe that area soon will have their own championship because two new tracks (Novosibirsk and somewhere in Primorje or Vladivostok) are being built now.

Well, all in all, not so bad, isn't it?
Old 4 Nov 2010, 09:49 (Ref:2784805)   #52
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Somewhere in Primorje or Vladivostok" should be near to Vladivostok airport in Artyom.

Do you have any info about Novosibirsk track project?
Old 4 Nov 2010, 10:05 (Ref:2784815)   #53
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That's right. Artyom where Formula 3 races are planned to hold. Shame on me.

As for Novosibirsk, I can email some people to get news. As I know that complex is mainly for usual drivers (improvement of driving skils). And the place for trainings is to be build at first. But the work is going well at other parts of the track. Unfortunately, they are not in time to put all the asphalt layers before winter comes. So, it'll take some time.

There's a new track in St.Petersburg. Asphalt has already been laid. But it appears to be that it's not a pure race-track but something like a racing resort for rich drivers.
Old 4 Nov 2010, 13:32 (Ref:2784903)   #54
Valenok
Racer

Valenok should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by helgi View Post
Maybe that area soon will have their own championship
Maybe that area need to host some Far East events - Japanese or Chinese?
Old 4 Nov 2010, 14:25 (Ref:2784933)   #55
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
I'm disappointed for lots of Krasnoyarsk sportsmen. They travelled to NN or even Kursk IIRC and delivered some strong results. And now they'll have to settle at their own track. I don't think there's any need in Chinese or Japanese TCC over there. They just need a strong national champ. And maybe a super final with RTCC somewhere in Kazan that is far from Moscow, far from Togliatti, far from Krasnoyarsk. It would be fair.
Old 8 Nov 2010, 16:15 (Ref:2787100)   #56
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Quote:
There's a new track in St.Petersburg. Asphalt has already been laid. But it appears to be that it's not a pure race-track but something like a racing resort for rich drivers.
Is this where Putin drove that old Prost F1? It looked more like an airport than a race track...
Old 11 Nov 2010, 08:33 (Ref:2788426)   #57
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
I've sent a letter to one of the SPb 'bosses' asking the same. Still waiting for an answer.
November 4-6 there were first track days and there were cars from Dodge Charger to Koenigseg.

As for tracks there're two big international complexes being built in Moscow now. Moscow Raceway Volokolamsk is the first. And Eurasia Domodedovo is the second.
I've interviewed M.Gorbachev and 'as a secret' he said that in the nearest future FIA GT will have a Russian round as Nissan is very interested in our market. I'm sure one of those two Moscow tracks will held the event.
Old 11 Nov 2010, 10:56 (Ref:2788480)   #58
Tin top racer
Rookie

Tin top racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glad to see Dmitrov is no longer on the calender:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRyo9G8zI94

My favourite bit is the overtake 4 min 20 in, genius. In the pictures from one of the podiums on the RTCC website the winner seams to be wearing a Yokohama cowbow style winners hat, any idea where I could get my hands on one of those, I think they need to be used over here in British championships, brilliant!
Old 11 Nov 2010, 12:27 (Ref:2788505)   #59
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Well, Dmitrov is a test track and those races were held at the section of 'small degree uphill' as I translate and remember it correct. Usually there're endurance testing there.

And that cowbow is Viktor Kozankov I think. It's just his public image I think.
Old 11 Nov 2010, 15:22 (Ref:2788604)   #60
Tin top racer
Rookie

Tin top racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's a shame I think cowboy hats is definately the way to go! Sounds like RTCC is on the way up anyway. I especially like the font of the logo, looks quite similar to the WTCC logo...
Old 14 Dec 2010, 16:27 (Ref:2804390)   #61
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Well, Nizhnii Novgorod (in fact Bogorodsk town) Ring is to be longer - 4877 m + some talks about FIA Grade 1 possibility: http://www.auto-sport.ru/news/656/75235/

Some interesting places (in the bottom of the pic):

- "Triple" 180
- "NN Parabolica" with 5 changes of direction
- And 8-10% banking in the last 180
Old 14 Dec 2010, 17:07 (Ref:2804402)   #62
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
New St.Petersburg circuit - "Autodrom SPB" has a website: http://autodromspb.ru/ (in Russian only)
Old 14 Dec 2010, 17:58 (Ref:2804430)   #63
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
They are planning to use that autodrom for track-days firstly. I've read crushing review from a moto site. http://motogonki.ru/russbk/russbk_20101123_150842.html (you can use on-line translators).
Old 1 Mar 2011, 21:04 (Ref:2838679)   #64
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
I decided not to open a new thread for this semi-official news.
It's planned to build a 11km long track in Obninsk (110km south from Moscow).
The greatest part of project is making some elevation changes at three huge areas. It will be added to natural hills and make the change of elevation to 51 meters. The most notable downhill is 13 per cent.
The whole track is divided into rather flat GP course and 'hill' road.
They are planning to put the final asphalt layer in August,2011.
There's no official confirmation of that project, but strong rumours say that presentation of the plan will be held in April. Then, I think, we'll start a new thread.
You can find some info on that (in Russian) if you type in Google (for example) " ??????? ????? "
Old 1 Mar 2011, 21:06 (Ref:2838684)   #65
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Hm. Or " Obninsk Holmy "
Old 7 Mar 2011, 17:59 (Ref:2841646)   #66
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
At this point there're already as big entry lists as they were last year. Plenty of BMWs (most are E46), three Leons, Audi A4 plus army of Civics in Superproduction.
Not so good in 1600. Lada has gone leaving class with five Fiesta (two brand new cars), four Polos and some private Kalinas.
But all seven rounds to be held at different racetracks. Four of them are permanent. Season final at new St.Petersburg track.
It's pity that race at Canyon track is at the same day with Smolensk GT3. Hope, I'll be able to stay at Smolensk this August and take some photos.
Old 27 Mar 2011, 17:21 (Ref:2854306)   #67
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Lotti mentioned about a track east to Moscow that can recieve a Russian round of WTCC. It's Canyon track near Kazan.
Old 28 Mar 2011, 09:01 (Ref:2854722)   #68
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin top racer View Post
Glad to see Dmitrov is no longer on the calender:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRyo9G8zI94

My favourite bit is the overtake 4 min 20 in, genius. In the pictures from one of the podiums on the RTCC website the winner seams to be wearing a Yokohama cowbow style winners hat, any idea where I could get my hands on one of those, I think they need to be used over here in British championships, brilliant!
A bit late to the thread but, wow, those guys must some pretty major cojones to race there - one mistake, one little touch, and you might be going head on into a tree (as indeed shown in the video). Crazy stuff.
Old 11 May 2011, 09:05 (Ref:2878612)   #69
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Oh, Goodness me! Just saw that 11-km long track layout. Can't wait till August when asphalt is to be laid. I has no rights to describe it, but can say that there'll be a FIA 1T 4,4 flat track + 6 km of "hill" FIA 3 Grade roads.
Old 11 May 2011, 16:22 (Ref:2878804)   #70
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Oh, Goodness me! Just saw that 11-km long track layout. Can't wait till August when asphalt is to be laid. I has no rights to describe it, but can say that there'll be a FIA 1T 4,4 flat track + 6 km of "hill" FIA 3 Grade roads.
That sounds like an interesting way to do things.
Old 11 May 2011, 17:34 (Ref:2878843)   #71
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Of course, they do not want to invite F1. Sadly, but they do not want to invite DTM. But they are ready to have some touring cars, GT racing and even LMS. Not saying about amateur drivers and track days.
Old 11 May 2011, 19:14 (Ref:2878904)   #72
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Sounds interesting! Sort of mini Nordschleife?
Old 11 May 2011, 19:40 (Ref:2878922)   #73
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Sounds interesting! Sort of mini Nordschleife?
Yes. The founder raced at Nordscleife and was very astonished by the track. Then he asked if USSR touring car champion Mikhail Gorbachev is able to make a project. The area where it should be built has some hills but three of them are to be constructed. Total elevation change is 51 m, Elevation changes between turn 4 and turn 5 - 24 m.

Oficial site should be ready on May 23 (I think it's the date of the oficial presentation of the whole project). Till then there'll be little info.
Old 12 May 2011, 08:33 (Ref:2879157)   #74
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
DS" should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Then he asked if USSR touring car champion Mikhail Gorbachev is able to make a project.
Wait a minute, we're not talking about "the" Gorbachev, aren't we?
Old 12 May 2011, 14:13 (Ref:2879331)   #75
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
No, no. That one was a tractor-driver in his 'kolkhoz' (collective farm). Not a joke.

Mikhail Georgievich Gorbachev is another, less famous, but not less respectable person. At least he has made some useful things like driving schools, race tracks, historic cars revival and so on.