Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Aug 2020, 06:48 (Ref:3995486)   #1
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari Now writing Regulations for F1

I am flabergasted and without enough words to think that Ferrari now have the consent of the FIA to advise on regulations for F1 and if their advise is taken as it appears to have been regarding engine mapping it then the rest of the teams have to cop it sweet. Where will this insanity end?
Old 15 Aug 2020, 07:32 (Ref:3995490)   #2
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is this an extension to the 'secret deal' of last year?
Sounds crazy whatever.
Old 15 Aug 2020, 08:07 (Ref:3995494)   #3
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
They really need all the help they can get after their bad start to this season!
Old 15 Aug 2020, 09:03 (Ref:3995502)   #4
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
So new regs will include weight penalties for all cars without approved ferrari engines, and if any car overtakes said ferrari's they must serve a drive through penalty. Unfortunately it will still not change things that much as the ferrari's are so bad.
Old 15 Aug 2020, 10:44 (Ref:3995507)   #5
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What is this about? Can someone provide a link to a news item?

Richard
Old 15 Aug 2020, 11:16 (Ref:3995509)   #6
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Who cares gave me a laugh
Old 15 Aug 2020, 11:46 (Ref:3995518)   #7
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
What is this about? Can someone provide a link to a news item?

Richard
I'm guessing - but I think it is linking the fact that Ferrari are not happy about the Quali modes for engine mapping being used by Mercedes, and the FIA now deciding they are not permitted in future races?

Leclerc has said that the new ruling works in Ferrari's favour:
“How much it will be beneficial it’s still to see. But for us I can say that we don’t have anything different from quali to the race so for us I don’t think it will change anything.”

So if what Leclerc says is true - every other engine now has to conform to Ferrari's current practice.
Old 15 Aug 2020, 13:05 (Ref:3995530)   #8
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
They really need all the help they can get after their bad start to this season!
they really do.

But in all seriousness, dont all the teams have some degree of input into the rules often pushing their own agendas?

Lower speeds, less downforce, marginal tires, lack of development because of covid...honestly i have no problem with Merc's almost 1 second qualifying advantage being removed.

That said...i dont believe Ferrari/chuck saying ferrari is the same in quali and the race. Actually find that a really odd assertion.
Old 15 Aug 2020, 13:30 (Ref:3995541)   #9
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the regulators lost patience with the Mercedes/RP Antics. Seeing that the Mercedes qualy modes aren't helping the championship and there is a risk of the pink mercedes intervening on the grid positions and strategy options in the mercedes/RB, 1+1 might have become 3.
Old 15 Aug 2020, 14:17 (Ref:3995564)   #10
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This needs to be investigated. Or does it? As it is FACT.
Old 15 Aug 2020, 20:29 (Ref:3995625)   #11
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Rachael Brookes said today they believe qualy modes will be banned next week at Spa!..
Old 16 Aug 2020, 01:09 (Ref:3995651)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Pretty much announced on Thursday

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/15...rom-belgian-gp

Who’s Rachael Brooks? Related to Tony?
Old 16 Aug 2020, 01:18 (Ref:3995654)   #13
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
So, apart from accusations made without basis by the OP, it appears that there is nothing to suggest that Ferrari is now writing regulations for F1.

However, every one of the teams can and do lobby the FIA plus the teams have a voice via the F1 Tech Working Group or whatever it is called now.

So nothing to see here at all really, other than a desire to always plant the black hat firmly on Ferrari's head (& I do understand that Machiavelli would fit in really well at Maranello).

One thing IS clear to me though - Pirelli is Italian, Ferrari is Italian and Ferrari didn't have any tyre blowouts at Silverstone - coincidence?
Old 16 Aug 2020, 07:03 (Ref:3995679)   #14
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Cue music....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWqKPWO5T4o
Old 16 Aug 2020, 07:36 (Ref:3995684)   #15
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is an admitted fact that Ferrari as part of the NDA deal volunteered to help the FIA in investigating and suggesting ways to technically regulate the sport. I have no direct proof of Ferrari being involved with the FIA in this new mapping saga but it waddles like a duck to a lot of people.

If the FIA had said from next season we are going to ban mapping in the way they proposing the fair enough and if they had categorically said that Ferrari had not had any involvement even better but this knee jerk change of regulations is not the way to do it and simply won't work. I wonder what is going to happen when it does not work and the instigators have to admit it didn't work, there will be some red faces then. Every time a move has been made to hobble MGP it fails.

F1 has always been held up as the epitome of motor racing but stuff like this is not good at all.
Old 16 Aug 2020, 10:02 (Ref:3995694)   #16
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
I posted this in the Racing Point thread, but it is just too good to leave out of this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVA38y12Ty0
Clarity transparency for the fairness of the competition and for the Formula 1 of the future is important” according to Ferrari team principal Mattia Binotto

Irony and hypocrisy much.

Are you kidding us or are we being punked?
Old 16 Aug 2020, 14:18 (Ref:3995736)   #17
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Why are the politics and backstabbing in F1 still such a surprise?

Everyone is in on it.
Old 16 Aug 2020, 14:55 (Ref:3995746)   #18
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
It is an admitted fact that Ferrari as part of the NDA deal volunteered to help the FIA in investigating and suggesting ways to technically regulate the sport. I have no direct proof of Ferrari being involved with the FIA in this new mapping saga but it waddles like a duck to a lot of people.

If the FIA had said from next season we are going to ban mapping in the way they proposing the fair enough and if they had categorically said that Ferrari had not had any involvement even better but this knee jerk change of regulations is not the way to do it and simply won't work. I wonder what is going to happen when it does not work and the instigators have to admit it didn't work, there will be some red faces then. Every time a move has been made to hobble MGP it fails.

F1 has always been held up as the epitome of motor racing but stuff like this is not good at all.
How have you only just noticed this?

https://tentenths.com/forum/showthre...ht=ferrari+fia
https://tentenths.com/forum/showthre...ht=ferrari+fia
https://tentenths.com/forum/showthre...533#post767533

It should be investigated.

Although how that fits with Mercedes controlling the FIA to get these hybrid rules in the first place I am unsure.
Old 16 Aug 2020, 15:20 (Ref:3995767)   #19
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Maybe now they can look into the rules to make sure Leclerc doesn’t have that engine problem again...
Old 16 Aug 2020, 16:45 (Ref:3995792)   #20
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Although how that fits with Mercedes controlling the FIA to get these hybrid rules in the first place I am unsure.
People keep spewing out this myth...,,I’m
Yet to see any evidence in 7 years of the regulations.

In that time oil burn, fric, das, qually modes and different turbo pressure have all been brought in or banned to try and slow the Mercedes down....so how Mercedes are controlling the FIA I don’t know.

You sound quite bitter on a few threads today....
Old 16 Aug 2020, 16:51 (Ref:3995793)   #21
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
People keep spewing out this myth...,,I’m
Yet to see any evidence in 7 years of the regulations.

In that time oil burn, fric, das, qually modes and different turbo pressure have all been brought in or banned to try and slow the Mercedes down....so how Mercedes are controlling the FIA I don’t know.

You sound quite bitter on a few threads today....
Bitter? At what? The logic applied and the patronising tone from some because they think differently maybe. That’s more disbelief.

What have we had.

Ferrari are purposely putting Vettel at a disadvantage!
Someone who thinks Vettel spinning is more on him than the team is a concept that is difficult to understand!
And now the good old [team] is writing the rules.
Old 16 Aug 2020, 16:53 (Ref:3995794)   #22
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Bitter? At what? The logic applied and the patronising tone from some because they think differently maybe. That’s more disbelief.

What have we had.

Ferrari are purposely putting Vettel at a disadvantage!
Someone who thinks Vettel spinning is more on him than the team is a concept that is difficult to understand!
And now the good old [team] is writing the rules.
Logic? Claiming sabotage and the Mercedes controlling the FIA with no proof? Not sure that’s logical
Old 16 Aug 2020, 16:55 (Ref:3995798)   #23
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
That be my point.
Old 16 Aug 2020, 16:56 (Ref:3995800)   #24
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
That be my point.
Ah sorry I think I got the wrong end of the stick! By bad dude!
Old 16 Aug 2020, 17:17 (Ref:3995803)   #25
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I was the one being a tool