Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Sep 2021, 18:41 (Ref:4075448)   #2401
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA View Post
As an Australian we get the full Sky coverage and someone needs to remind them that they are broadcasting for most of the English speaking world and they need to stop being Hamilton/Norris/Russell fan boys during the coverage.
I guess you were very dissapointed with the qualy coverage then?
Old 25 Sep 2021, 20:01 (Ref:4075461)   #2402
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Today they banged on and on about Norris, it’s ridiculous.
Talking about the Guy on pole …imagine that
Old 25 Sep 2021, 22:30 (Ref:4075490)   #2403
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Talking about the Guy on pole …imagine that
Sometimes ....... oh, why bother?
Old 25 Sep 2021, 23:07 (Ref:4075500)   #2404
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think they bother because starting near the front is an advantage for the race. Especially there where it is hard to overtake.

Old 26 Sep 2021, 07:48 (Ref:4075554)   #2405
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Anyone else have a problem with C4? They skipped over ad breaks and then got stuck on the logo screen for quite a while
Old 26 Sep 2021, 08:09 (Ref:4075559)   #2406
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Anyone else have a problem with C4? They skipped over ad breaks and then got stuck on the logo screen for quite a while
I recorded it as usual and watched it this morning. The programme just seemed to finish half an hour early and yes, there was a shortage of averts (which saved me some fast-forwarding!
Old 26 Sep 2021, 08:26 (Ref:4075561)   #2407
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-58694894

Red Bee Media had a fire suppression system go off. They aggregate a number of channels for broadcast on Freeview, which explains the channels going AWOL for a while.

Funny, like my job, that nobody notices until something breaks!
Old 9 Oct 2021, 20:33 (Ref:4077656)   #2408
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Slightly off topic. Why isn’t Brundle commentating this week?
https://twitter.com/mbrundlef1/statu...384949254?s=21
Old 9 Oct 2021, 21:46 (Ref:4077664)   #2409
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Slightly off topic. Why isn’t Brundle commentating this week?
https://twitter.com/mbrundlef1/statu...384949254?s=21
I know he is racing in the Estoril Classic in Portugal this weekend.... he is co-driving with Zak Brown in Zak's Group C Jaguar amongst other things. I watched their first race on a live stream after the F1qualy.

Edit: OK I fell for it. After I posted I decided to read the tweet linked.... which tells me the info I relayed. I didnt realise Adam's post was both question and answer

Last edited by E.B; 9 Oct 2021 at 21:56.
Old 9 Oct 2021, 21:56 (Ref:4077666)   #2410
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
How did they do?
Did they mention if it was one of the cars that Brundle actually drive back in the day in IMSA?
Old 9 Oct 2021, 22:03 (Ref:4077668)   #2411
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
How did they do?
Did they mention if it was one of the cars that Brundle actually drive back in the day in IMSA?
Well they were leading but after pit stops and driver change came out 2nd. Unfortunately it was after 4 am for me and I nodded off and missed the finish. They did mention it was an IMSA spec (3 litre as opposed to 3.5 litre used in Europe etc which had an extra 100+bhp)
Old 9 Oct 2021, 22:18 (Ref:4077671)   #2412
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Edit: OK I fell for it. After I posted I decided to read the tweet linked.... which tells me the info I relayed. I didnt realise Adam's post was both question and answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Well they were leading but after pit stops and driver change came out 2nd. Unfortunately it was after 4 am for me and I nodded off and missed the finish. They did mention it was an IMSA spec (3 litre as opposed to 3.5 litre used in Europe etc which had an extra 100+bhp)
Nice Castrol colors.

Brundle did Daytona, but not all the races when they had the XJR 10 (IMSA) and XJR 11 (WSC) IIRC.

Last edited by Adam43; 9 Oct 2021 at 22:24.
Old 10 Oct 2021, 14:04 (Ref:4077805)   #2413
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Nice Castrol colors.

Brundle did Daytona, but not all the races when they had the XJR 10 (IMSA) and XJR 11 (WSC) IIRC.

Brundle won Daytona and the WSC in 1988 driving the XJR 9, which made its debut at Daytona.
Old 10 Oct 2021, 14:07 (Ref:4077807)   #2414
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Brundle won Daytona and the WSC in 1988 driving the XJR 9, which made its debut at Daytona.
Yes. The V12 was used in the 24 hours even after the XJR10 had been introduced. Not sure when he drove the XJR10. Got the books, but got to run.
Old 24 Oct 2021, 13:34 (Ref:4079709)   #2415
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Was the free - to - air live Sky coverage of qualy just a one off?
I presume the race is only in the normal place?
Old 25 Oct 2021, 05:41 (Ref:4079854)   #2416
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sky have shown several sports on the sportsMix channel, it's a good way of showing the coverage customers will get if they subscribe.

The coverage this weekend was good, with excellent camera work of the live action.
Also, a Kravitz free weekend, which always improves the coverage.
Old 25 Oct 2021, 09:14 (Ref:4079880)   #2417
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I saw Kravitz on C4 for the W series!
Old 25 Oct 2021, 16:36 (Ref:4079966)   #2418
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I feel for the C4 viewers :-)
Seriously, if it keeps him away from Sky F1 it's positive.
Old 26 Oct 2021, 07:04 (Ref:4080079)   #2419
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonNeston View Post
I feel for the C4 viewers :-)
Seriously, if it keeps him away from Sky F1 it's positive.
Talking of Channel 4 (which is the only way I can watch F1)... Interesting programmes this weekend, no Steve Jones, Coulthard or Webber. Introduced by the lovely Lee McKenzie, very little flannel/fill-ins and race commentary by Alex Jacques and Billy Monger. I really enjoyed this approach, I record the programmes to watch when it suits me afterwards and generally fast-forward through all of the flannel anyway. I didn't find Alex to be anywhere near as annoying as I used to, but don't know if this is because he's improving/relaxing into the job or I'm just getting used to him, and was really impressed with Billy Mongers input, that lad has a future I am sure.
So, what will Whisper Productions be doing with all the money they saved in not sending the other three out to The USA?
Old 28 Oct 2021, 03:45 (Ref:4080358)   #2420
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
I can recall posting conversing much with EastonNeston. I have no doubt we'd have differences of opinion in some topics of motor racing. But even if he thought I was the biggest moron on any racing forums, I will never undermine him because I am at the hip when it regards Ted Kravitz.

Ted Kravitz is a product of the ugly side of British motorsport culture.

I love the following part of Brundle's twitter when I recall posts on here justifying Sky's nauseating British bias.

F1 commentator/presenter for 80+ territories around the world

Oh really?
Old 28 Oct 2021, 08:43 (Ref:4080381)   #2421
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 litre Touring Car Star View Post
I love the following part of Brundle's twitter when I recall posts on here justifying Sky's nauseating British bias.

F1 commentator/presenter for 80+ territories around the world

Oh really?
Well he's not wrong - is it his fault that 80+ territories around the world choose to broadcast the nauseatingly British-biased F1 coverage from Sky?

Jon the Pigeon followers will get this:

'If you don't want to complain about having to watch biased coverage from a British-based broadcaster, don't use a British-based broadcaster as your source of biased coverage. Broadcaster advice'.
Old 28 Oct 2021, 09:50 (Ref:4080390)   #2422
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It's a question why they use that coverage when there's many others countries can use

I think Jon the Pigeon is right. Countries like Australia and Canada used to use the BBC and ITV coverage. So it's nothing new, but there you go
Old 28 Oct 2021, 10:03 (Ref:4080395)   #2423
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Who provides the actual broadcasting coverage, cameras, sound etc, is it Sky or F1?
Old 28 Oct 2021, 10:23 (Ref:4080400)   #2424
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Who provides the actual broadcasting coverage, cameras, sound etc, is it Sky or F1?

There is a mixture, BJ. All the filming and the direction with the broadcasting rights are all the property of FOM with the exception of Monaco who for some reason are allowed to provide the filming and direction. The cameras and associated equipment are again the property of FOM with, again, the exception possibly of Monaco.

During the GPs, individual broadcasters such as SKY, etc. are permitted very limited access at certain times to the pits, paddock and grid and are permitted to use their own cameras and associated equipment for those purposes alongside their use in their commentary boxes/studios that they might have on site.

The commentary and filming as above is slotted in to the feed provided by the FOM filming crew who are responsible for providing all other coverage.

Hopefully I haven't confused you.
Old 28 Oct 2021, 10:24 (Ref:4080402)   #2425
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
FOM provides the world feed at all events except Monaco, where TMC provide the feed. This is video only.

The FOM international carriers are:
F1 TV - owned by FOM and broadcast in four languages. Pre and post race audio coverage is from their own Pit Lane Commentary team, race audio is from Sky.
YouTube - footage taken from the Sky Broadcast.
App - radio commentary from the BBC.

Australia, Canada, Italy, Puerto Rico and USA take the Sky Sports F1 coverage (for English).
New Zealand (AFAIK) uses the F1 TV feed.

Tags
pinks