Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 24 Feb 2008, 13:24 (Ref:2136585)   #51
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No luck down under anywhere.
Old 24 Feb 2008, 14:04 (Ref:2136615)   #52
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Unbelievable...
Old 24 Feb 2008, 14:07 (Ref:2136617)   #53
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Swell.
Old 24 Feb 2008, 14:13 (Ref:2136618)   #54
Garson007
Rookie

South Africa
Cape Town, South Africa
Garson007 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Red flag?! O_o Whut happened?
Old 24 Feb 2008, 14:14 (Ref:2136619)   #55
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What are some of those guys thinking?

What Ammermuller and the South Africa's driver did are absolutely pointless and silly.
Old 24 Feb 2008, 14:15 (Ref:2136620)   #56
MCWB
Veteran

MCWB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ugh, why the red flag? Not sure I entirely agree. So what if it finished under safety car?
Old 24 Feb 2008, 14:17 (Ref:2136622)   #57
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
RSA classified 7th after that? No way, the results will have to be revised as they were for the sprint race.

Feel so sorry for Olly Jarvis. What Rob Wickens did was perhaps understandable in the heat of the moment, but a real red mist move.
Old 24 Feb 2008, 14:20 (Ref:2136623)   #58
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
I'm sure he'd like to have that back Strider - worst bit's taking somebody out with him.
Old 24 Feb 2008, 14:31 (Ref:2136629)   #59
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
For sure, L2LO, no hard feelings. I guess that's motor racing on a street circuit.

Very impressed by Jani. He was clearly quicker than Jarvis in the sprint race, but did the smart thing and settled for 3rd, knowing that the feature race was his for the taking, and he took it.
Old 24 Feb 2008, 14:43 (Ref:2136635)   #60
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Was impressed with the way Australia managed to take out about 3 cars at the first corner. He touched one car, then just appeared to make contact with two others like he had fallen asleep at the wheel.
Old 24 Feb 2008, 15:53 (Ref:2136669)   #61
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo
Was impressed with the way Australia managed to take out about 3 cars at the first corner. He touched one car, then just appeared to make contact with two others like he had fallen asleep at the wheel.
He was feeling unwell...
Old 24 Feb 2008, 16:38 (Ref:2136693)   #62
lovebritF3
Rookie

England
lovebritF3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider
He was feeling unwell...
from reading some of your posts i get the impression your not a fan of mr.martin

and certain teams for that matter..
Old 24 Feb 2008, 17:17 (Ref:2136708)   #63
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebritF3
from reading some of your posts i get the impression your not a fan of mr.martin

and certain teams for that matter..
Not at all. They said on the commentary that he was feeling unwell, so I was simply repeating that. It's off topic, but I happen to think John will do very well in BF3 this year.

Maybe you should read more of my posts, such as this one:
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider
My original post was about John Martin. He'll be BF3 testing with Raikkonen Robertson Racing on Tuesday and Wednesday next week, then flying out to South Africa.

FWIW, I think he's easily the best option Team Oz has at the moment.
Old 24 Feb 2008, 19:44 (Ref:2136773)   #64
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, I'm surprised Ammermuller was even allowed to start race two after that move in race one. The guy should have been sent packing as far as I'm concerned to rethink what he's trying to do here.

Considering race two's craziness, I think the track was more responsible for the incidents than some of the drivers. I'm surprised Zaugg's kept his 7th place though, I'd have thought a disqualification from the results on count back was in order - though not as malicious as Ammermuller's move, it was still high up on the stupid meter.

Great results for Switzerland and Canada - and a brilliant run by Duval in race two - ashame that's probably about as high as France will get now.
Old 25 Feb 2008, 08:19 (Ref:2137250)   #65
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i feel sorry for the dutch guys, Jeroen wasn't too pleased after race 1...
Old 25 Feb 2008, 08:56 (Ref:2137285)   #66
jackschmidt
Racer

jackschmidt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
I'm surprised Zaugg's kept his 7th place though, I'd have thought a disqualification from the results on count back was in order - though not as malicious as Ammermuller's move, it was still high up on the stupid meter.
I think it is worth noting the difference of how the the two drivers handled the situation. Adrian Zaugg was very apologetic about the ordeal and owned up to the mistake. He was going too fast while neglecting his brake temperatures.

On the other end, see how Ammermueller shrugged it all off even starting his sentences with 'I don't care about the Netherlands car.'. In my memory, he has never owned up to any of his errors, choosing to push the blame on his victims. Ammermueller is a quick driver, but I think he should get laser eye treatment.
Old 25 Feb 2008, 22:46 (Ref:2137951)   #67
thejester
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington
thejester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gah. What a painful weekend for Team NZL.

Punched a dirty great hole in our championship chances. But I guess that's the swings and roundabouts of this competition.

Moving on...
Old 26 Feb 2008, 02:46 (Ref:2138086)   #68
Stocky
Rookie

Stocky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeh hopefully it'll go the other way for the teams who had a bad run and the championship will tighten back up.

if Australia can't win it, I have to go for NZ
Old 26 Feb 2008, 21:51 (Ref:2138730)   #69
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Its not often that the NZ driver AND the team slip up!

Fingers crossed, but I have great faith in Jonny Reid. He has an ability to learn from his mistakes; is a fast learner; is normally patient and accepts the blame when he is in the wrong.

I also admire those drivers who still race well, even though at the back of the field - for whatever reason.

I have to say that Canada's Rob Wickens impresses me too.
Old 27 Feb 2008, 03:00 (Ref:2138901)   #70
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Yes Socram, a great start to the weekend but unfortunately went sorely wrong at the end there. Hard lines Oliver Jarvis and GBR.

I thought Frankie Cheng had a great weekend as did Filipe Albuquerque. Good stuff from both those guys. Cheng had one of the better drives out there IMO.
Old 28 Feb 2008, 22:11 (Ref:2140421)   #71
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Cheng's pace impresses me at Eastern Creek as well - he's a bit of a surprise package...
Old 4 Mar 2008, 20:30 (Ref:2144434)   #72
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This was the first A1GP race I have whatched on the TV (Got this new Freeveiw recorder thingy, recorded it from channel 5) and it was good. The First corner antics at the restart of the second race was a bit crazy, I tried a similar move online in forza 2 lol.... CHeng had a good race, good overtaking. And GBR being taken out lol... reminded me of Paul Tracy hitting one of the team Australia cars in Champcar.
Old 6 Mar 2008, 10:23 (Ref:2145494)   #73
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glad you enjoyed it nickyf1, it always has close racing and lots of overtaking however it's not usually as crazy as that one was.