Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Kart Racing

Old 10 Oct 2004, 14:36 (Ref:1120338)   #1
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
speedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridspeedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Alfano Pro Help

Everytime i race in the rain my Alfano Pro seems to whipe it's memory. It's now not even turning on however i think that may be to do with the fact i've had the kart second hand with the Alfano since January 2003 and never changed the Alfano Battery so may try and do that.

Trouble is, as it was with the kart i don't have an Alfano instruction manual and have no idea how to programme it for two timing strips..? Is it possible to download one of the internet anywhere?

I was going around two weeks ago trying to un-successfuly programme it while leading a pack of Rotax's up to the start line!!
Old 24 Oct 2004, 08:21 (Ref:1133517)   #2
philneast
Racer

Australia
Hobart , Tasmania, Australia
philneast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
before we bought out first one I did get operating instructions from the net.

Try alfano's own site or search on alfano.

Sometimes if they are very cold they will do funny things. I lost all my data and configs the other day when teh kart had been in the trailer overnight and there had been a heavy frost. Once it warmed up it was fine, but I had to reprogram it.

The cable from the sensor to the dispaly unit can cause strange problems after it has been used for a while. The constant turning of the while tends to fracture the conductors in the cable producing intermittant connections that can affect configuration and data. In the wet when there is usually greater lock used this may be enough to open up a fracture in the cable.

When the battery goes flat the unit usually just dies, although it usually still will retain configuration and data
Old 14 Nov 2004, 21:08 (Ref:1153444)   #3
bart_jacobs
Racer

bart_jacobs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Go to menu 5 (push left red buton 5 times) --> Config disp. pr config sys. (not sure) then push the right red button, you are now in a sub-menu... go through the menu's with the left red button, if you want to change something in the menu's push the right red button... hope this helps, btw you van download the manual at www.alfano.be

btw, it is never a smart thing to adjust it while you are driving!!!

Last edited by bart_jacobs; 14 Nov 2004 at 21:09.
Old 15 Nov 2004, 14:55 (Ref:1154048)   #4
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
To get 2 timing strips press the left button until you get 2 where it says recall at the bottom. Then press the right buttin once then press the left button until you get to the dashes under the lap time. Press the right button to change.
Old 15 Nov 2004, 16:34 (Ref:1154166)   #5
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
speedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridspeedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cheers. By the way, faffing about with the Alfano while on Pole ahead of 18 Rotax's wasn't by choice! bloomin thing paked up as i left the grid! :confused:

Last edited by speedy king; 15 Nov 2004 at 16:34.