Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Track Day Forum

Old 2 Feb 2015, 22:56 (Ref:3500290)   #1
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mosport, May 8 - experienced drivers

Hi all,

I trust this will be ok as I see other track days promoted in the threads. Mods, if not, please remove and let me know with an appropriate e-thrashing.

So...

A good friend of mine hosts a track day at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (née Mosport). This year it is on Friday, May the 8th. Attendance is capped at 35 drivers and it is designed for those with experience driving Mosport's "big track" (i.e., not just the Driver Development Track). If you are interested please see http://www.ewaldperformance.com/trackday.php. Cost is CDN $575

Frank is a great guy, a very experienced Time Attack/club racer, sometime ChumpCar competitor, and lead instructor of the Ontario Time Attack (part of CASC/Ontario Region, i.e. the Canadian arm of the Sports Car Clubs of America as I understand it - please forgive any mistakes on my part with the hierarchy of organizations). The day is done right with experienced marshals, recovery and flatbed vehicles, and EMS at the track all day.

Disclaimer: I've been the "official photographer" (whatever that means) for four (I think) years and will be back in May of 2015. If you come, I WILL nail you on track with a great photo you can have as part of the price.

This MotoIQ article by Frank is a good description of what to expect:
http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticl...Pictorial.aspx

Hope some of you can make it out. Snow is unlikely in May but it could happen. More likely is cool but sunny weather, although it could be windy and frigid. Whatever the weather, it is a good event with a collegial bunch of fast drivers.

Cheers,
Richard.