Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Jun 2005, 18:46 (Ref:1326477)   #1
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Canadian GP!!

KIMI WINS!

Guess this result, coupled with Alonso's retirement, makes up for the disappointment in Nurburgring!

Fortunate result for Ferrari and Michael and Rubens. It took the others to retire...and the Ferrari/Bridgestone is still off the pace... but still, good results after all the tough luck.

Renault? Fisi's car got problems again. Alonso threw it away.. was quick until that error. Bad weekend.

Mclaren...Another win. Quite rightly the fastest car in the race, and deserve the victory. Bad luck for JPM to get the black flag..i believe he ought to be the deserved victor of the 2 Mclaren boys today..but it's never going to happen.... i could smell team orders coming when JPM drops chunk of time just before Button hits out, and that Mclaren's decision to sacrifice JPM for Kimi really told the story. (From the team's point, the right decision to maximise driver's points)
Old 12 Jun 2005, 18:49 (Ref:1326478)   #2
Rich R
Veteran

United Kingdom
dudley uk
Rich R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
mental, mental race. i loved every minute. on a serious note their could have been a nasty incident towards the end when the marshals were retreiving sato's car and a minardi messed up it's breaking and looked like it was going to hit them
Old 12 Jun 2005, 18:52 (Ref:1326481)   #3
Paarma
Racer

Finland
Europe
Paarma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mika Salo said the Minardi driver would have deserved a black flag more than montoya for driving like that under yellows.
Old 12 Jun 2005, 18:57 (Ref:1326486)   #4
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What was all the Mclaren drama about then?
Old 12 Jun 2005, 18:58 (Ref:1326487)   #5
ozrevhead
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide, Australia
ozrevhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Great Race

Kudos to Mark (14th to 5th) & Rubins (pit to podium)

Sure the luck card will be played by SOMEBODY (because Mark can't do anything ) but these two had no more luck than Kimi - Alonso hitting the wall, Fisi Car falling apart & Monty black flag - so that shoudnt wash

Massa was good as well!!!!

BRING ON USA!
Old 12 Jun 2005, 18:59 (Ref:1326489)   #6
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
BRING ON USA!
Can't come soon enough for me. I'm infuriated about not being able to see this.
Old 12 Jun 2005, 18:59 (Ref:1326491)   #7
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Nice drives from the 3 podium finishers. I'm sick of this bad luck that Fisichella is having. Sorry for Monty who was driving well, but what the heck was he thinking?
Old 12 Jun 2005, 19:00 (Ref:1326494)   #8
dcp2685
Veteran

dcp2685 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did anyone else in the States see the
Old 12 Jun 2005, 19:01 (Ref:1326495)   #9
ozrevhead
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer
Can't come soon enough for me. I'm infuriated about not being able to see this.
With the dramas Aussie F1 fans have with Ten, I feel for you mate and I hope its a great one for you to watch!!!
Old 12 Jun 2005, 19:02 (Ref:1326498)   #10
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We hear that JPM was actually called in first but missed the pits as the call was late.

I dunno, it smacks of bad stuff from McLaren.

JPM was the man today, bar his safety car error, but McLaren should perhaps have reminded him of that. I must admit, I wasn't aware of that somewhat unnecessary rule....

Still, well done Kimi. he survived. Of the two Renaults and McLarens he was the least impressive but he was there when it counted.

Ferrari get 14 points out of nothing.

JV, oh dear.

All in all, an absolute thriller. Can't wait for Indy.
Old 12 Jun 2005, 19:03 (Ref:1326499)   #11
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer
What was all the Mclaren drama about then?
The race was under safety car, the safety car plus the 'snake' of cars were passing the pit exit area and Montoya, who was in the pits, left the pit exit. The rules state that when the 'snake' is passing the pit exit, the red light shall be shown at pit exit and you can not leave until it's green and you have to join the back of the queue...

Unfortunate but fair ruling.
Old 12 Jun 2005, 19:03 (Ref:1326500)   #12
alfasud
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
alfasud should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt_R
i could smell team orders coming when JPM drops chunk of time just before Button hits out, and that Mclaren's decision to sacrifice JPM for Kimi really told the story. (From the team's point, the right decision to maximise driver's points)
According to the commentry, JPM was called in first when the yellow/pace car went out, but missed the call.
Old 12 Jun 2005, 19:05 (Ref:1326506)   #13
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Kimi survived....while the rest buckled....

Ms and Rubens finally got some luck this season....

Well done to Webber,Massa... basically a race of survival...
Old 12 Jun 2005, 19:07 (Ref:1326508)   #14
ozrevhead
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan
Kimi survived....while the rest buckled....

Ms and Rubens finally got some luck this season....

Well done to Webber,Massa... basically a race of survival...
hear hear

forgot to add - Kudos to everyone that finished cause even that was achievment in itself
Old 12 Jun 2005, 19:07 (Ref:1326509)   #15
Shoe-maker
Racer

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Shoe-maker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brilliant race. Well done to Kimi. He drove a smooth race. Great to see Michael and Rubens back on the podium. The Ferrari duo were a bit lucky but then again Alonso and Button didn't have to drive into the walls.
Old 12 Jun 2005, 19:07 (Ref:1326510)   #16
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Fantastic race full of drama, congratulations KR,MS as always a true fighter, Rubens from the pit lane to 3rd place wow! now can someone please explain what Montoya did to deserve a black flag?
Old 12 Jun 2005, 19:08 (Ref:1326512)   #17
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Admittedly it was good to see the Ferarri on the podium, and really I don' like Ferarri. However they did benefit from cars falling off the road around them.

At the end of the day they made the finish so they get the points, but I don't see the US GP being a red 1-2 day personally, unless cars fall off the road again...
Old 12 Jun 2005, 19:08 (Ref:1326514)   #18
ozrevhead
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickoGP
The race was under safety car, the safety car plus the 'snake' of cars were passing the pit exit area and Montoya, who was in the pits, left the pit exit. The rules state that when the 'snake' is passing the pit exit, the red light shall be shown at pit exit and you can not leave until it's green and you have to join the back of the queue...

Unfortunate but fair ruling.
Alread posted JeremySmith
Old 12 Jun 2005, 19:12 (Ref:1326520)   #19
dcp2685
Veteran

dcp2685 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did anyone else in the States see the absolutely atrocious coverage of that race?

A big upto CBS Sportsline to offer their top notch coverage. Thanks guys you made a great race painful to watch

Terrible and inept are two good words to describe it but yet not quite sufficient.

Let's see here:
- More commercial time than racing.
- Constant interrupting and covering up the race by extensive avertising
- Were about 15 laps behind the actual race
- Complete lack of knowledge of what's transpired during the season or last year. 1) BMW's 1-2 at Canada last year before being disqualified. 2) Kimi duking it out with Schumacher in Imola. There were more
- Missed the live coverage of the Alonso and Montoya pass on Fisi after they cut from that great segment of racing to show JV putter around in 15th at the time. Then "Oh this just happened a minute ago...."
- They missed the podium music due to commercials
- Didn't show the interview.

Terrible just terrible.
Old 12 Jun 2005, 19:13 (Ref:1326526)   #20
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
With the dramas Aussie F1 fans have with Ten, I feel for you mate and I hope its a great one for you to watch!!!
Hehe, thanks!

Quote:
Ah right, thanks. Hadn't he been leading just before?
Old 12 Jun 2005, 19:13 (Ref:1326529)   #21
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Menelaos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozrevhead
Great Race

Kudos to Mark (14th to 5th) & Rubins (pit to podium)

Sure the luck card will be played by SOMEBODY (because Mark can't do anything ) but these two had no more luck than Kimi - Alonso hitting the wall, Fisi Car falling apart & Monty black flag - so that shoudnt wash

Massa was good as well!!!!

BRING ON USA!
Are you kidding? I mean, Kimi was extremely lucky today, he was gifted with two places (Alonso and Fisi), but for god's sake, RB was ONLY lucky. He ran a totally mediocre race and was lucky enough to be 3rd. This guy would better not be in the points at all! A Minardi deserve these points more than RB. MS, good race, a bit of luck of course, but good race. He deserved a good result.
Old 12 Jun 2005, 19:15 (Ref:1326532)   #22
curveball
Racer

United States
Michigan
curveball should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Once again, CBS coverage sucked. And to think we have to live with it for 2 more races this year!
Old 12 Jun 2005, 19:18 (Ref:1326540)   #23
Kraz
Rookie

Kraz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great race, great drama and some sterling performances. Rubens from pit lane to podium, WOW. JV 69 laps of hard work, but I am sure everyone will talk of the corner one lap one bump. Felipe Massa great drive to get 4th. Michael neat and agressive to grab 2nd. Renault and BAR, ouch that has to hurt. WOW I loved the race, hated the coverage here in Canada but the race was very enjoyable.

Go Sauber Go
Old 12 Jun 2005, 19:23 (Ref:1326554)   #24
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcp2685
Did anyone else in the States see the absolutely atrocious coverage of that race?

A big upto CBS Sportsline to offer their top notch coverage. Thanks guys you made a great race painful to watch

Terrible and inept are two good words to describe it but yet not quite sufficient.

Let's see here:
- More commercial time than racing.
- Constant interrupting and covering up the race by extensive avertising
- Were about 15 laps behind the actual race
- Complete lack of knowledge of what's transpired during the season or last year. 1) BMW's 1-2 at Canada last year before being disqualified. 2) Kimi duking it out with Schumacher in Imola. There were more
- Missed the live coverage of the Alonso and Montoya pass on Fisi after they cut from that great segment of racing to show JV putter around in 15th at the time. Then "Oh this just happened a minute ago...."
- They missed the podium music due to commercials
- Didn't show the interview.

Terrible just terrible.
Yes I did and I agree with you, however that is why I decided to get Speed TV which if I am going to watch F1 in the USA is a must have item.
Old 12 Jun 2005, 19:28 (Ref:1326567)   #25
thejester
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington
thejester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great race, very enjoyable.

Coverage we got (ITV) was very good - shame about the states...

FM is my man of the match - he was when he was in p6, p4 is awesome!

Oh JPM >shakes head< ....of a very luck-influenced race he copped a shovel load.

Congrats to Kimi.
Well done to the boys in red for, well, not crashing.

Mark Webber was disappointing again - several mistakes. Mind you Heidfeld couldn't pass Felipe in his williams either.

Roll on Indy - coming thick 'n' fast aren't they?