Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 7 Jul 2019, 19:17 (Ref:3916368)   #51
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Did they flip before hitting the tires or after?
There are black tyre marks on the ground right up to the tyres, so if I was to guess I'd say it was on its wheels when it hit the tyres and then kinda, climbed over them?

I doubt we'll get a replay until the driver is confirmed as ok.
Old 7 Jul 2019, 19:18 (Ref:3916369)   #52
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I wonder if they will red flag it? It is going to take a long time to fix the barrier, probably more than the 30 minutes left
Old 7 Jul 2019, 19:20 (Ref:3916370)   #53
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Obviously the race is 2nd priority atm but should they not red flag it?
Old 7 Jul 2019, 19:21 (Ref:3916371)   #54
Hendrix
Racer

United States
Minnesota
Hendrix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Juncos just can't catch a break, hopefully the driver is alright.
Old 7 Jul 2019, 19:22 (Ref:3916372)   #55
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
See that incident between the Porsche and Lexus earlier. The Porsche was at fault, but what was the Lexus thinking? That gap was always going to close and the Porsche wouldn't be able to see the Lexus in its mirrors so was going in blind. Porsches fault, but really poor race craft by the Lexus to put itself in that position.
Old 7 Jul 2019, 19:28 (Ref:3916374)   #56
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's as hard as I've seen anyone hit a tire wall. Holy crap.
Old 7 Jul 2019, 19:28 (Ref:3916376)   #57
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just saw a replay, something must have broke on the car, he left track and continued on straight
Old 7 Jul 2019, 19:30 (Ref:3916377)   #58
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Red flag.

Really should've called that about 15 minutes ago.
Old 7 Jul 2019, 19:31 (Ref:3916378)   #59
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Now it is a red flag? Did they want cars to make their fuel mileage?
Old 7 Jul 2019, 19:34 (Ref:3916379)   #60
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think they may have let the clock run because of tv
Old 7 Jul 2019, 19:35 (Ref:3916380)   #61
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I think they may have let the clock run because of tv
The irony being they bumped it off the TV slot lol.

--

Everyone has left the scene of the accident. So is that rather messy bundle of tyres alright as a wall?
Old 7 Jul 2019, 19:39 (Ref:3916381)   #62
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
The irony being they bumped it off the TV slot lol.

--

Everyone has left the scene of the accident. So is that rather messy bundle of tyres alright as a wall?
Yes as long as nobody hits it. Clock is running again, cars are moving and yellow flag still.
Old 7 Jul 2019, 19:50 (Ref:3916382)   #63
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
That was pretty dirty by Taylor to put Braun off the road.
Old 7 Jul 2019, 19:50 (Ref:3916383)   #64
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Ugh, Braun got hit by Penske
Old 7 Jul 2019, 19:50 (Ref:3916384)   #65
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Acura punted Braun ...... too bad ... but man, is Derani a heads-up driver or what?
Old 7 Jul 2019, 19:52 (Ref:3916385)   #66
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
The Acura punted Braun ...... too bad ... but man, is Derani a heads-up driver or what?
He seems to have an almost Senna like ability to read traffic ahead. He positioned that move before it was obvious it was available.

I disagree with Jeremy Shaw. The Caddy being parked is not an attempt to get a yellow. It was just trying to find a gap. Should've went for the pit exit but didn't.
Old 7 Jul 2019, 19:58 (Ref:3916386)   #67
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well ... . fairly satisfying race, for me, at least. Great fight all the way to the end
Old 7 Jul 2019, 20:14 (Ref:3916389)   #68
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Sad that the Nissan Ligier has the gentleman driver, or needs to have him in the car. They could have had something for the Mazdas today imo. I think it's time Mazda gained some weight and the Caddys lost a little. That's my guess as to the next bop changes.
Old 7 Jul 2019, 20:55 (Ref:3916396)   #69
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I hope so or joeb will be insufferable come Petit.

I'm guessing we will see some weight go back on, some weight off the Caddy as well. Otherwise the Nissan (when Braun is in) and Acura seem to have a good balance. Although I think less weight will be added to the Mazda than taken off of the Caddy unless something shows IMSA Mazda is holding back a bit. Too much weight and you'll get the Caddy now, fast-ish until half a tire stint and then drops back a bit every lap
Old 7 Jul 2019, 21:47 (Ref:3916406)   #70
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Taylor punting the Nissan ended what looked like a fun run to maybe a podium.

I'd be shocked if mazdas and Porsche aren't hit with the bop hammer.
Old 8 Jul 2019, 01:29 (Ref:3916420)   #71
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
They might give the Caddillacs some power back, but I don't think we will see many changes. Porsche has rarely been the fastest in GTE, they've just been the best team over the past 5 races.
Old 8 Jul 2019, 02:16 (Ref:3916430)   #72
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
They might give the Caddillacs some power back, but I don't think we will see many changes. Porsche has rarely been the fastest in GTE, they've just been the best team over the past 5 races.
For a couple years the Caddy's dominated. They would be pegged back with bop and still dominate. Then the Acura and Mazda came onto the scene with some effort last season. They didn't dominate, but now have taken control. But it didn't happen in the beginning of the season. The Caddy's have won 3 races, the Acuras 2 and the Mazdas 2.

But the Orecas won these races last year beating the Caddys. It just seems that this part of the season, i.e., the tracks, don't seem to suit the Caddys. What has changed for the bop during this season? i can't seem to locate the bop on the imsa site.
Old 8 Jul 2019, 04:04 (Ref:3916442)   #73
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
For a couple years the Caddy's dominated. They would be pegged back with bop and still dominate. Then the Acura and Mazda came onto the scene with some effort last season. They didn't dominate, but now have taken control. But it didn't happen in the beginning of the season. The Caddy's have won 3 races, the Acuras 2 and the Mazdas 2.

But the Orecas won these races last year beating the Caddys. It just seems that this part of the season, i.e., the tracks, don't seem to suit the Caddys. What has changed for the bop during this season? i can't seem to locate the bop on the imsa site.
I think this is the latest: https://competitors.imsa.com/sites/d...les_061919.pdf

It's tough to compare the only NA engine in the class. Don't forget they started with a 6.2L and had their gearing restricted at one point. They appear to be down on the straights, I say they open em up a little.
Old 8 Jul 2019, 12:19 (Ref:3916503)   #74
HighParker
Racer

Canada
Toronto
HighParker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In spite of announcers describing a huge crowd, it seemed a little sparse to me compared to recent years, with lots of room on the hill along the front straight.

The weather was perfect, so that can't be an excuse.
I was there on the Sunday of the World Challenge weekend back in May, and there was a bigger crowd there during the Canadian Nascar series race.

Last edited by HighParker; 8 Jul 2019 at 12:34.
Old 8 Jul 2019, 13:04 (Ref:3916514)   #75
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wow, didn't catch the coverage a I had more kitchen work to do but they buried that Caddy in the wall.