Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 22 Apr 2022, 09:16 (Ref:4107572)   #286
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Going to be great to see them using the lights. The Saturday program will be fantastic.

It’s an interesting occurrence D’Alberto’s big championship lead given how much he extended it over the weekend despite never really being up the front. Mixed up results and different winners is what every series strives for in 2022, but it does muddle you the championship picture and the consistent accumulators are the ones who benefit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
It was Kelvin O'Reilly's war and look how that worked out for him.
While Kelvin certainly had a part to play in super touring vs V8Supercars, his involvement in the Bathurst war was just a bit part.
Old 8 Jul 2022, 03:02 (Ref:4118616)   #287
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bit quiet in here.

Some news though - it has taken a LONG time and I was openly skeptical it would ever turn a wheel, but the Corolla TCR car has apparently passed it's homologation test:

https://tcraustralia.com/2022/07/08/...O9ZeDsaZl1eVkE
Old 11 Jul 2022, 19:42 (Ref:4119161)   #288
TuteZaek
Racer

TuteZaek should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Bit quiet in here.

Some news though - it has taken a LONG time and I was openly skeptical it would ever turn a wheel, but the Corolla TCR car has apparently passed it's homologation test ]
Why the skepticism? It's an oficial inhouse TGR project, and TGR Argentina has a long and successful history of making this kind of touring cars.

Currently the rumors talk about 5 cars in construction already, but no word on where they are going.
Old 11 Jul 2022, 22:29 (Ref:4119172)   #289
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuteZaek View Post
Why the skepticism? It's an oficial inhouse TGR project, and TGR Argentina has a long and successful history of making this kind of touring cars.
Because it was announced every year for about 5 years before it turned up.
Old 1 Aug 2022, 00:51 (Ref:4121296)   #290
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Bit quiet in here.

And that’s definitely a worry, the Supercars have a constant news cycle and constant fan engagement about the series. Speed Series/ARG/TCR the fan chat is non existent between events sadly.
Old 1 Aug 2022, 20:52 (Ref:4121454)   #291
gravin
Rookie

gravin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
And that’s definitely a worry, the Supercars have a constant news cycle and constant fan engagement about the series. Speed Series/ARG/TCR the fan chat is non existent between events sadly.
Agree 100%. I think if anything the profile/promotion of TCR has been seriously lacking.

IMHO I think they had a good chance of attracting the casual viewer and partially interested motorsport fans like myself.
Old 2 Aug 2022, 01:25 (Ref:4121481)   #292
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I noticed on Stan sports, after watching the 3 sessions of the last Indycar round, when the session ended up popped an advert for the coming TCR round.
Old 2 Aug 2022, 02:54 (Ref:4121487)   #293
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How come no one wants to watch Supercars because it is not on free to air but it fine for TCR to sell out to a Streaming service without a single whimper?
Old 2 Aug 2022, 07:01 (Ref:4121495)   #294
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravin View Post
Agree 100%. I think if anything the profile/promotion of TCR has been seriously lacking.
In a world that already has too many streaming services, Stan just doesn't make the short list.

I love watching TCR around the world because it's on YouTube.

So I guess I'll just watch overseas TCR.
Old 4 Aug 2022, 01:42 (Ref:4121728)   #295
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
If you are interested in TCR and general SpeedSeries chat, the podcast “Motor Racing Passion” has an episode out now talking about the last two rounds heading into this weekend, and other SpeedSeries chat in general.
Old 4 Aug 2022, 02:11 (Ref:4121730)   #296
gravin
Rookie

gravin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
In a world that already has too many streaming services, Stan just doesn't make the short list.

I love watching TCR around the world because it's on YouTube.

So I guess I'll just watch overseas TCR.
Being overseas - that was how I used to watch TCR Australia - until the recent broadcast changes.
Old 4 Aug 2022, 05:44 (Ref:4121738)   #297
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravin View Post
Being overseas - that was how I used to watch TCR Australia - until the recent broadcast changes.
yeah it was on the 7 (cr)app for locals, but no more.

The Stan broadcast is slick but this household has already too many subscriptions, and Netflix didn't even make the cut - Stan is a distant entrant into that market.
Old 6 Aug 2022, 17:09 (Ref:4121981)   #298
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No second Wall Racing Honda this weekend. Are Stan no longer willing to pay for it?
Old 7 Aug 2022, 07:29 (Ref:4122025)   #299
one five five
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimmy View Post
No second Wall Racing Honda this weekend. Are Stan no longer willing to pay for it?
And no Brad Shiels in the Tilton Hyundai either? Will these two no show’s be back at Sandown?

Not to mention that Mineef stepping into the ex-Macdougall Forza Audi was a net loss as the VW was parked too.

Wouldn’t want it to drop any further than the 18 seen today
Old 7 Aug 2022, 16:22 (Ref:4122053)   #300
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anywhere to watch race 2? Motorsport.tv haven't made it available, much like Symmons Plains.