Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 14 Apr 2018, 21:57 (Ref:3815547)   #101
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
Shame the stream sucks.

Gibson LMP2 cars still nowhere, otherwise fun race.
Well they're not really in it for the marketing, so they don't need to win.

Screw. You. Stream.
Old 14 Apr 2018, 22:02 (Ref:3815549)   #102
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Good race when it was green. Like the P/GTLM only format. Feel bad for the Porsche team. They had some bad luck which has hit them before. Long trip back to the shop for them. Very long.

I think Tommy Milner in the #4 Corvette slowed down on purpose to let the #5 Cadillac past so he did not have to take another lap. He knew he had the win since the Fords were passed by the DPI winner.

FOX coverage was horrible. Granted I am curious to know where that Porsche museum is. I did not hear the segment.
Old 14 Apr 2018, 22:39 (Ref:3815556)   #103
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How the heck did the 911 get so far back, was at race, could not follow

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Old 15 Apr 2018, 00:43 (Ref:3815567)   #104
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Too busy and the slide show was annoying. I stopped watching and shall catch the replay...
You made the right decision. I try not to complain but that coverage was atrocious. I'll be anxiously awaiting the Youtube replay.
Old 15 Apr 2018, 01:38 (Ref:3815581)   #105
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidder View Post
How the heck did the 911 get so far back, was at race, could not follow

A collision mid race in the hairpin turn with the #31 Cadillac. Damaged the car and they had to pit. #31 spun and that is how they fell out of contention to win.
Old 15 Apr 2018, 03:38 (Ref:3815591)   #106
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
There was some strong racing there today. Pretty enjoyable.
It was a good race. The best news is that we escaped Long Beach without losing a chassis. It's a Christmas miracle!
Old 15 Apr 2018, 03:51 (Ref:3815595)   #107
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
You made the right decision. I try not to complain but that coverage was atrocious. I'll be anxiously awaiting the Youtube replay.
They (fox) did all the promo segments from the 12 hours of Sebring within the 100 minute race. It was bad.
Old 15 Apr 2018, 08:28 (Ref:3815655)   #108
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
A collision mid race in the hairpin turn with the #31 Cadillac. Damaged the car and they had to pit. #31 spun and that is how they fell out of contention to win.
31 (and one of the Acuras) also did one of those classic American strategies that you just wouldn't see outside of North America, and didn't pit under the first yellow. So then everyone else sat behind them with fresh tyres. Then when the next yellow came (which we knew it would, because it's Long Beach), the two leaders needed full stops whilst others just needed a splash, and they got shuffled down. There was no outcome to that strategy that wasn't behind the majority of the good Prototype runners.

It was a terrible strategy and it's the kind of thing that you only ever see in IMSA and IndyCar, and it never ever works.
Old 15 Apr 2018, 09:58 (Ref:3815679)   #109
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
Well they're not really in it for the marketing, so they don't need to win.

Screw. You. Stream.
So it was the stream, I thought it was just my ISP or my computer. Pretty bad then.
Old 15 Apr 2018, 11:44 (Ref:3815711)   #110
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
I think I enjoyed this race more than any race that I did not attend. Came in a little late after the start and got the TV coverage going and IMSA TV at the same time on the computer. I chose the BMW camera and was watching after the restart and there was no one on the track in front of him. Very weird. Figured I must be watching a replay of qualifying and checked T&S and saw that he was in first place in GTLM and the protos were already gone and out of sight.

I could see on TV that the race was live but that empty track looked funny. Suddenly, I saw a Porsche sticking its nose in and then it passed the BMW. On TV, I could see a Corvette and Ford GT on its heels. Suddenly, there was a Corvette, a Ford and another car all trying to pass and then bam, the BMW went into the wall and its race was over. BMW then switched to the in-car as the driver arrived into the pits and sat there in shock and dejected shaking his head.

Felt like I was in the car for that whole experience. Did a couple more syncs like that watching the TV and then switching to a car camera that was involved in the shots on the TV. Great coverage!
Old 15 Apr 2018, 12:23 (Ref:3815717)   #111
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMotor View Post
I think I enjoyed this race more than any race that I did not attend. Came in a little late after the start and got the TV coverage going and IMSA TV at the same time on the computer. I chose the BMW camera and was watching after the restart and there was no one on the track in front of him. Very weird. Figured I must be watching a replay of qualifying and checked T&S and saw that he was in first place in GTLM and the protos were already gone and out of sight.

I could see on TV that the race was live but that empty track looked funny. Suddenly, I saw a Porsche sticking its nose in and then it passed the BMW. On TV, I could see a Corvette and Ford GT on its heels. Suddenly, there was a Corvette, a Ford and another car all trying to pass and then bam, the BMW went into the wall and its race was over. BMW then switched to the in-car as the driver arrived into the pits and sat there in shock and dejected shaking his head.

Felt like I was in the car for that whole experience. Did a couple more syncs like that watching the TV and then switching to a car camera that was involved in the shots on the TV. Great coverage!
The streaming channel of the on boards is great. Saved us from the horrible FOX coverage when they had commercials, interviews, and tire tip segments too. Especially if you a fan of the GTLM fan first and foremost like me. I usually like to pick the in car of the 2nd or 3rd place car in the race. So I found myself on the Ford channel a lot in the case of Long Beach.
Old 15 Apr 2018, 15:03 (Ref:3815757)   #112
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
That was the 912, correct, saw that. How did the 911 finish so far back? It was with the lead pack for most of the race and finished just ahead of the winner.

Old 15 Apr 2018, 23:07 (Ref:3815868)   #113
otisdog
Rookie

United States
Camano island, Washington
otisdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidder View Post
That was the 912, correct, saw that. How did the 911 finish so far back? It was with the lead pack for most of the race and finished just ahead of the winner.

Well, if you hadn't watched the second half of the race from the bar, you might have kept pace with the action. The shade was nice, though...
Old 19 Apr 2018, 22:59 (Ref:3816575)   #114
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
we were there Friday and Saturday,i thought it was a good race.to bad fox does a really crappy job with the broadcast,this race is something else to experience.i really thought acura or Nissan were going to get a chance at it but axr had a good strategy.to bad we didn't get to see bmw's plans work out, since one of the cars was saving fuel from the beginning.but oh well the bmw is to heavy and almost looks lazy on turn out compared to the other cars.

we don't stay for Sunday's races because the type of crowd that show up,its just not our thing.instead we took our daughter to Disneyland.if anyone is questioning if you should do long beach next year,just do it.its the most diverse and unique race weekend out there and is super fun.