Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 15 Jun 2018, 08:04 (Ref:3829593)   #576
The ginger prince
Rookie

The ginger prince should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done to the team for getting both the cars out, and well done to all the drivers for not binning it off! Given all the uncertainty surrounding the programme it must have been a very unsettled run up to the race for all concerned.
Everyone loves an underdog, and if the Ginettas manage to make it to 6/12/18/24 hrs I'll be cheering them on.
Old 15 Jun 2018, 08:52 (Ref:3829604)   #577
mattsmith
Rookie

England
Somerset
mattsmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For a car that has had very little running, no race experience and troubles on the first day they've done well to not be cut adrift from the LMP1 pack.

If they're not running with proper low down-force aero then it looks like the car is capable of more.

Hopefully they can get a decent way in to the race and get a chance to run the rest of the season to show what potential they've got.
Old 15 Jun 2018, 23:34 (Ref:3829793)   #578
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmith View Post
Hopefully they can get a decent way in to the race and get a chance to run the rest of the season to show what potential they've got.
Everybody wants that but I'll be surprised if they make the 6-hour mark without troubles. You can't expect to hit the jackpot if you don't put a few nickels in the machine.
Old 16 Jun 2018, 21:24 (Ref:3830588)   #579
Babapapa
Racer

Germany
Gelsenkirchen
Babapapa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After 8,5 hours both cars still in the race with 3:24,4 best. Now going for position 5&6 (16+19 total) in class before Dragonspeed, both SMP and the crashed Kolles. Quite well, i think!
Old 16 Jun 2018, 21:37 (Ref:3830603)   #580
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babapapa View Post
After 8,5 hours both cars still in the race with 3:24,4 best. Now going for position 5&6 (16+19 total) in class before Dragonspeed, both SMP and the crashed Kolles. Quite well, i think!
I've to say I didn't expect them to go so far. Here we are, trapped in the amber of the moment. There is no why.
Old 16 Jun 2018, 22:01 (Ref:3830630)   #581
Babapapa
Racer

Germany
Gelsenkirchen
Babapapa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now on fuel save mode @ box since 15/30 minutes. :/
Old 16 Jun 2018, 22:17 (Ref:3830645)   #582
Irie
Racer

Irie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
#8 gets a penalty!
Old 16 Jun 2018, 22:17 (Ref:3830649)   #583
Irie
Racer

Irie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Buemi should have been more calm
Edit: sorry got in the wrong thread on my phone
Old 17 Jun 2018, 22:15 (Ref:3831508)   #584
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Early in the week, I did question the wisdom of bringing these cars to Le Mans with the build up they had as what good would them being far off the pace do to the order book.

Well, I'm happy to say that they proved me wrong with getting a car to the flag. They did have a lot of problems but that is to be expected for such an untested car. I'm sure they would of got a lot of useful data and fingers crossed that the Ginetta's are up with the Rebelions and SMPs next Le Mans!
Old 17 Jun 2018, 22:16 (Ref:3831509)   #585
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Or better yet, up with them before then
Old 18 Jun 2018, 07:05 (Ref:3831563)   #586
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, looking forward to seeing what they can do at Silverstone.
Old 18 Jun 2018, 07:34 (Ref:3831571)   #587
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ironically they're now 3rd in the WEC P1 Team Standings.
Old 18 Jun 2018, 07:37 (Ref:3831572)   #588
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I know they finished last, however with all the problems they had in the run up to the race I think that is good result for them.

Lets hope they can put this behind them an move on now.
Old 18 Jun 2018, 08:18 (Ref:3831580)   #589
mattsmith
Rookie

England
Somerset
mattsmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am super happy that Ginetta got a finish. They were never in the hunt for a podium but to get an untested car that has had problems all week to the end of the race is a pretty good underdog story.

I hope they can survive and show some better pace through the rest of the season.
Old 18 Jun 2018, 18:45 (Ref:3831718)   #590
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They were better than I expected in the race. Let's see if they'll show up for the rest of the season.
Old 18 Jun 2018, 18:55 (Ref:3831719)   #591
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koenigsegg View Post
That is fantastic news for the team really. It maybe gives them an "all is not lost" moment of hope for the rest of the season. Yes it will still largely be a season of in race testing, but they can still get a decent season ending standing if they continue to show up and finish!
Old 18 Jun 2018, 19:15 (Ref:3831725)   #592
Irie
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koenigsegg View Post
Did something change? On the WEC website they are now 5th
Old 18 Jun 2018, 19:29 (Ref:3831736)   #593
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Could be up that high because of increased points for LM and the fact that SMP and Dragonspeed have no points or few points because of LM DNFs.
Old 25 Jun 2018, 13:53 (Ref:3833022)   #594
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irie View Post
Did something change? On the WEC website they are now 5th
I guess it did, maybe points weren't calculated correctly before. They were 3rd based on P1 points. But I guess points are calculated based on overall prototype position (P1 + P2).
Old 25 Jun 2018, 14:40 (Ref:3833031)   #595
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They are indeed 5th in the LMP1 teams' championship with a single point to their name. All classified finishers at Le Mans received one point.

Toyota Gazoo Racing 65
Rebellion Racing 38
ByKolles Racing 12
SMP Racing 10
CEFC TRSM Racing 1
Dragonspeed 0

In the LMP drivers' championship, which combines LMP1 and LMP2 points for some reason, Robertson, Roussel and Simpson are in joint 15th place with a point each.
Old 3 Aug 2018, 09:39 (Ref:3841041)   #596
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2018/0...lverstone.html

Well, what a surprise.... No Ginettas at Silverstone. Disappointed.
Old 3 Aug 2018, 10:17 (Ref:3841048)   #597
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Unfortunately, that's not even remotely surprising, is it?

The new question becomes, will they make a race this year?
Old 3 Aug 2018, 10:27 (Ref:3841050)   #598
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post

They already did. The actual question is whether or not they'll make a SECOND race this year.
Old 3 Aug 2018, 11:55 (Ref:3841089)   #599
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC2guy View Post
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2018/0...lverstone.html

Well, what a surprise.... No Ginettas at Silverstone. Disappointed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Unfortunately, that's not even remotely surprising, is it?

They were denied entry for Silverstone because they changed the engine too late. And the ACO/FIA wouldn't let them in. Sounds to me like the team is making the effort, but inflexibility of the rules makers has kept them away.
Old 3 Aug 2018, 12:09 (Ref:3841096)   #600
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
More like their engine manufacturer is unwilling to make changes. Maybe because they don't want to work for free?

Anyway it sucks, I don't think we'll see this car again until Le Mans.