Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 18 Nov 2010, 14:55 (Ref:2792659)   #1
philippe c
Rookie

Canada
montreal
philippe c should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
formula ford mysterie

Hi .i try to do a formula ford register for myself .so far theres no intention to publish (too much trouble for the pay with the new photo copyright religion). and yes i have already the very good book from steve Nickless so as many other books on the subject .docs and mags. but theres a couple of car that i still not have any good pictures like the canadian Chinook for exemple. but right now whats bugging me is that pictures that i saw at a formula ford site from holland www.racehistorie.nl/ff1600 the caption say "garith rees" sic .i know theres a garEth rees but that was much later one thing the driver seem to be british ( an occasional drive of geof Lees??). the car look a bit like a MRE or TIGA or even a swiss LCR but not one fit exactly
Attached Thumbnails
ff1600-gareth rees-01_pag.jpg  
Old 18 Nov 2010, 15:31 (Ref:2792678)   #2
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looks like a Royale RP29
Old 18 Nov 2010, 16:36 (Ref:2792713)   #3
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Definitely a Royale but maybe a 27? The trouble is they were always experimenting with different nose cones.
Old 18 Nov 2010, 16:43 (Ref:2792722)   #4
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Definitely a Royale but maybe a 27? The trouble is they were always experimenting with different nose cones.
The RP27 was the FF2000 version of the RP26. Richard Trott won the championship in one

The RP29 required a lot of development to keep up with the Reynards and Van Diemans and changed from a side radiator to front radiator arrangement at some stage.
Old 18 Nov 2010, 16:57 (Ref:2792728)   #5
philippe c
Rookie

Canada
montreal
youre absolutly right its the less succesful of the royale thats why i didnt had any picture of it add to that the mix with the change of position of the radiator
Attached Thumbnails
rp29 3.jpg  

Last edited by philippe c; 18 Nov 2010 at 17:27.
Old 19 Nov 2010, 09:13 (Ref:2793017)   #6
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So, definitely an RP29, then, yes? Are you after the history of this particular car?
Old 19 Nov 2010, 13:32 (Ref:2793105)   #7
philippe c
Rookie

Canada
montreal
no .im after info on all formula ford .i try to do a formula ford registry more exhaustive then all the books done already ,meaning a file for all makers with pictures of all models(and variant) of each with technical and historical data. my Royale file was incomplete .i didnt had any pictures of the RP-29 (with or without front radiator) , theres very few docs on the net on the RP-33 and RP-36 too.
Old 3 Dec 2010, 13:20 (Ref:2799076)   #8
Frank de Jong
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Racer

Netherlands
Amsterdam
Frank de Jong should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFrank de Jong should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
By coincidence, I just read an article in Autorensport 5/82 (Dutch magazine): Gareth Rees races in the 1982 Dutch season in a Royale RP26-Auriga. He is from London currently lives in Alkmaar (NL) and is 26 years old (i.e. he was born in 1956). The car looks different from your picture, my guess would be that picture is from 1983 or later.
Old 7 Dec 2010, 01:20 (Ref:2800653)   #9
Andy Turnock
Rookie

Andy Turnock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is an excellent book called Nowhere to Hide by Paul Lawrence about the whole history of Royale,contains loads of photos and info.
Try this site http://royaleracingllc.com/
They have a very good Facebook link with lots of photos and comment.
Old 11 Dec 2010, 10:02 (Ref:2802878)   #10
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Yes, and Paul's books has a front cover illustrated by our very own Andrew Kitson.

Welcome, Andy T.