Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 7 Mar 2010, 02:02 (Ref:2646432)   #1
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oran Park Narellan NSW - Destroyed - The End

I hate to do this, but the final chapter should be told....

Thanks to the Marshals (friends of Dutchies) who had the forthought to record the moment in February 2010.....please come forward to discuss this lot if you are able to

[Expletive Deleted]
Old 7 Mar 2010, 02:11 (Ref:2646438)   #2
kramer
Racer

kramer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I could cry.

I'm the same age as Oran Park - grew up / middle aged there.

I did manage to get a piece of concrete wall, though.

What really bothers me is that the place will not be kept in any way at all - not even the shape of the land will remain; all to be bulldozed. Seems that the wannabes that are buying into the instant ghetto don't like hills. Feh.

I've never been back to Amaroo Park, and I don't see me going back to Oran Park. Too many great memories to be spoiled by this.

Kramer
Old 7 Mar 2010, 02:54 (Ref:2646445)   #3
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just what the world needs is more houses. Awesome.

I guess what is disappointing is that sure life always evolves and moves on, I accept that, but that there is no replacement that is being built. The owners of the land it's their prerogative to do what they want with it and also whether they wanted to build a replacement somewhere. But disappointing they chose to scurry away.
Old 7 Mar 2010, 09:05 (Ref:2646503)   #4
Quintin03
Veteran

Netherlands
Quintin03 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why couldn't the track have been kept as part of the street patern. Atleast then something would be there but now there will be nothing. A sad sight.
Old 7 Mar 2010, 21:47 (Ref:2647008)   #5
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
That's awful!!!

I loved seeing cars going 5 or 6 abreast going down to the first corner on ATCC videos, legendary stuff.

Guess Oran can be added to great killed off circuits of the world like Riverside, the original Kyalami, Crystal Palace, Hockenhem (the last 3 supposedly still exist but the original features and character are gone).

I agree why couldn't the main straightaway be kept along with the landscaping aspect, would add character to any faceless housing estate that pops up at the very least.
Old 7 Mar 2010, 23:41 (Ref:2647120)   #6
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Daft question but why has it closed?
Old 7 Mar 2010, 23:55 (Ref:2647127)   #7
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundersports View Post
Daft question but why has it closed?
Its called Urban Encroachment...as an example, look a little north east around the Ettamogah Pub (The Ponds?) where they are stuffing in 3000 homes cheek by jowl...

The bloody human race is a virus! we are gunna be overun!! .....