Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 15 May 2018, 10:09 (Ref:3822559)   #1
JohnD
Veteran

JohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Remote tyre pressure sensors

I trailer my race car to events, and have fitted the trailer wheels with sensors, to warn of deflation, but they are 'just' fancy valve caps, and when there is a warning, I have to check all four tyres. It's not a trivial test as each cap must be removed, which involves a lock nut, before the pressure guage can be used.

My car has sensors in the tyre valves, or wheels, so that the car tells me if a tyre deflates, and which one! Is there a system for trailer wheels that will do this?
Thanks,
John
Old 13 Jun 2018, 14:09 (Ref:3828902)   #2
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.tyrepal.co.uk

A battery operated pressure sensor mounted on the tyre valve, which transmits the pressure reading to a display in the dashboard.

For long vehicles where there may be some distance between the display and the rear tyres, there is an additional repeater to relay the signal.

The sensors have a security screw but that's to prevent theft.
Old 13 Jun 2018, 14:44 (Ref:3828917)   #3
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
im pretty sure i have seen bluetooth connected pressure and temp sensors.

no idea about cost or effectiveness but nice if you can connect through your phone/app with no need for an additional monitoring device.