Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 10 Jul 2002, 22:53 (Ref:331472)   #1
O'Schumacher
Racer

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire, England
O'Schumacher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John Mickel

I read in AUTOSPORT in January that reigning ASCAR and UK/World Legends champion John Mickel is to have a limited Busch Series Campaign this year. Does anybody know what races he's doing and for what team. More to the point, do you think he'll do any good against Biffle, Sauter, Keller, and the Buschwackers?
Old 11 Jul 2002, 18:49 (Ref:332054)   #2
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He was supposed to do Milwaukee as Bobby Hamilton Jr's team mate, but he never appeared.
Old 11 Jul 2002, 22:06 (Ref:332195)   #3
Reido Rules
Veteran

Reido Rules should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lets, put it this way, I know someone in the know and they said that Mickel was never signed up, he was just publicising himslef for sponsorship.

he could talk the talk very loudly!!! but he couldn't walk the walk.

Incidentally watch out for Michael verges cup debut coming soon, and this guy aint speeking BS to his fans like Mickel, he's keeping it quiet although being close to concluding a big deal to run in the real thing, until it really happens, and eh should have been ASCAR champ last year had it not been for conspiracy.

Vergers did contemplate a deal to run in ASCAR for a one-off this yer, but he couldn't get Bob Berridge to accept, the truth, Vergers was champion and I think that he will have Cup committments opposite his intended one-off ASCAR race.

I can't say more but Mickel is talking BS at the moment trust me, the verge is the one to watch.

Also I don't think that Mickel could cut it over in the states in the Busch series as he's struggling in ASCAR, and he needed outside help to win last years ASCAR championship which was walked by the verge until that DSQ, which wrecked him in such a short series.
Old 12 Jul 2002, 17:41 (Ref:332820)   #4
O'Schumacher
Racer

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire, England
O'Schumacher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheers Reido Rules. I'd knew that Vergers was running in ARCA this year but I'm delighted to hear that he's got a Busch series apperance sorted out.
Old 12 Jul 2002, 17:58 (Ref:332840)   #5
Reido Rules
Veteran

No Winston Cup deal, is what he's close to securing, but the team he's working with is tempramental.

He has now left ARCA with several top 5's, as he now has the relevant experiance to challenge for a Cup seat, and that is what he is persuing.
Old 14 Jul 2002, 18:20 (Ref:333754)   #6
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Verge was driving dirty for most of last year and Mickel was the worthy champion.

He is only struggling cos the competition has increased and times are down.
Old 15 Jul 2002, 17:42 (Ref:334392)   #7
Reido Rules
Veteran

Verge drove like a stock car champion, NASCARS are not driven with courtesy, consecience, the rule of thumb according to the late Dale Earnhardt is Race now ask questions later, and if that isn't your attitude in Stock car you will be swallowed.

Times down? Lap record broken 4 times this year in rcae conditions 7 in tests and qualifying.

Verge drover dirty, tell me another, I'll tell him that one, bet it will get a wide grin, so when he had a lead of over half a lap over Mickel and a Safety car was thrown out after the pitstops with 5 laps to go, yeah, he really didn't desearve to be champ after a few dominant victories as had ASCAR not changed the pit window and not informed West tech or third placed Colin White for that matter, The verge would have clearly won 4 out of 5 races.