Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 21 Mar 2005, 01:23 (Ref:1257607)   #1
Steve Holmes
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
Steve Holmes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Historic Touring Cars at Adelaide

Did the HTC's run at Adelaide? If so, can someone please supply some details of the races. Who won, what cars were there etc?

Many thanks in advance.
Old 21 Mar 2005, 01:31 (Ref:1257610)   #2
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
00 XR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Race 1 - Elsegood
Race 2 - Elsegood
Race 3 - Stubber

Stilwell managed to score the lap record also

Stubber had both rear shocks break on him before the start of race one, and he was a DNS. He fought back through in the next two races and managed to take the final.

More here...............

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/re...3/2005.ADEL.R2

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/re.../2005.ADEL.R14

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/re.../2005.ADEL.R17
“Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. What you have to do is you have to say look; the fact of the matter is that I’m red hot, that Todd Kelly is a ******, I have always thought he was, and I was just mowing him down based on ability”. – Neil Crompton talking to Jamie Whincup, post Bathurst 2005.
Old 21 Mar 2005, 02:05 (Ref:1257625)   #3
White Knight

Quote:
Stubber had both rear shocks break on him before the start of race one, and he was a DNS
No, the Chevy had a brake problem where it dumped its brake fluid on the bitumen at the dummy grid.

Great racing up front between the Fords of Elsgood and Tilley, Jack having to drag up the brake pedal after each application with his left foot in race two.

Great five way scrap between Tilley, Stubber, Elsgood, Mason (Camaro) and Stillwell (Mustang) in race three. Stubber took the lead by going around the outside of the Tilley Ford at the last corner hairpin.

40 car field and lots of dices down the order.

Old 21 Mar 2005, 02:18 (Ref:1257631)   #4
Steve Holmes
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
Thanks for the info guys. Much appreciated. Sounds like they really put on a show. Remind me again. Is the Elsgood Falcon the yellow one with orange front bumper? The Bill Brown lookalike?

Are the HTC's running at the Sandown V8 Supercar meeting? I can't see it listed on the website. I hope they are......

00 XR8. Can you tell me how you go about putting that Avatar image on your posts? Thanks.
Old 21 Mar 2005, 03:34 (Ref:1257658)   #5
darren holliday
Rookie

darren holliday should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Correct info about Stubber, brake dramas on dummy grid R1.

Man what an event, I was lucky enough to compete in the little Black Cortina #42. Those front 5 cars are in a league of their own. Maybe only a 1 or 2 other cars in the country that could currently run with them.

Re the Sandown query, the Biante series will not be at Sandown this year.

The Biante Series has a new website, calendar info found there.
http://www.bianteseries.com.au/

The AHTCA site will now be focused on other HTC racing including Historic Events etc.
http://www.historictouringcars.com.au/

There will however be a transition period between the two sites.
Old 21 Mar 2005, 19:49 (Ref:1258262)   #6
Steve Holmes
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
Thanks Darren for the update. I'm going to have to make the effort to get over to see one of the Biante meetings this year. I think its a great class. I was hoping the HTC's would be at Sandown with the V8 Supercars this year, so I'll probably go for the Eastern Creek round instead.

Love the new website. Was rapped to see my Bob Jane Camaro oil painting at the bottom of the photo page. That's great! Thank you. I'll run a link from our Central Muscle Cars www.centralmusclecars.co.nz website to the new Biante site today.

Keep up the good work.
Old 22 Mar 2005, 10:38 (Ref:1258746)   #7
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
00 XR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Holmes
00 XR8. Can you tell me how you go about putting that Avatar image on your posts? Thanks.
Go to (near) the top of any Ten Tenths window (when you are logged in) and click on Private Messages. Your "Control Panel" will then open on the left hand side of the Private Messages page.

Click on "Edit Avatar" and go to the bottom of that page and click BROWSE to find an image on your PC to use as an Avatar.

I hope that is what you wanted to know and I hope you are better off knowing it

And btw, sorry about giving the wrong information regarding the Stubber race 1 drama. I thought that is what I heard them say over the PA system. Maybe I am wrong, maybe they were wrong.................................
“Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. What you have to do is you have to say look; the fact of the matter is that I’m red hot, that Todd Kelly is a ******, I have always thought he was, and I was just mowing him down based on ability”. – Neil Crompton talking to Jamie Whincup, post Bathurst 2005.
Old 22 Mar 2005, 20:35 (Ref:1259164)   #8
Steve Holmes
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
XR8, thanks for your help. Much appreciated. My Avatar must be set up wrong. I don't have a browse option. I can only pick from the images already supplied by Ten-Tenths. I'll have to keep playing around till I get it. Thanks again.