Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 22 Apr 2005, 23:09 (Ref:1284811)   #1
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
BTCC weight revisions

TOCA have adjusted the equality weight's in the series down 40kg for the Super 2000 spec cars, which are the SEAT Toledo's and HPI/FR Lexus IS200.

The Seat is now 1100kg while the Lexus is 1130kg (+30kg for RWD).

This compares to 1150kg base weight for the BTC Touring Spec cars, and is bound to even the field up some more.

Anyone for Neal - Plato - Muller - Collard fighting for race wins at Thruxton then!
Old 22 Apr 2005, 23:31 (Ref:1284816)   #2
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend
TOCA have adjusted the equality weight's in the series down 40kg for the Super 2000 spec cars, which are the SEAT Toledo's and HPI/FR Lexus IS200.

The Seat is now 1100kg while the Lexus is 1130kg (+30kg for RWD).

This compares to 1150kg base weight for the BTC Touring Spec cars, and is bound to even the field up some more.

Anyone for Neal - Plato - Muller - Collard fighting for race wins at Thruxton then!
Tssk tssk, that Gow gives in to Plato's whining a lot doesn't he?

I thought the Lexus was BTC-spec?
Old 23 Apr 2005, 00:56 (Ref:1284844)   #3
CallumC
Rookie

Scotland
Preston, Lancashire
CallumC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not this lexus, the last one that was developed, at the start of the BTC regs was but only lasted a season or two, this new one is built to S2000
Old 23 Apr 2005, 13:09 (Ref:1285063)   #4
Andy Metcalf
Racer

England
Kings Lynn, Norfolk UK
Andy Metcalf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With the variety of circuits which the BTCC visit, the task of getting a balance between BTCC spec and S2000 spec was never going to be easy. I am looking forward to seeing the difference it will make to the Lexus more than the SEAT.

"Tomorrow, is what you make it"
Old 23 Apr 2005, 17:49 (Ref:1285238)   #5
Cosworth_RS
Racer

Cosworth_RS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If the weight of the SEAT is revised to 1100kg, does this include the 30kg extra it carries for using a sequential gearbox? or is it racing at 1130kg?

Im sure I read this in the sporting regaulations on the TOCA website but it doesnt appear clear to me. Does anyone know?

Last edited by Cosworth_RS; 23 Apr 2005 at 17:50.
Old 23 Apr 2005, 17:51 (Ref:1285239)   #6
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccnews
I am looking forward to seeing the difference it will make to the Lexus more than the SEAT.
I think its unlikely the Lexus will even be at the old weight level yet. Privately built new cars tend to be a bit heavy to start of with.
Old 23 Apr 2005, 19:19 (Ref:1285287)   #7
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosworth_RS
If the weight of the SEAT is revised to 1100kg, does this include the 30kg extra it carries for using a sequential gearbox? or is it racing at 1130kg?

Im sure I read this in the sporting regaulations on the TOCA website but it doesnt appear clear to me. Does anyone know?
I'm not sure the sporting regs on the TOCA site are right since it seems to imply the base weight is 1140/1170kg plus a further 30kg for sequential gearbox.

The limits set by the FIA (which is what TOCA used to start the season)
FWD / H-pattern gearbox = 1110kg
FWD / sequential gearbox = 1140kg
RWD / H-pattern gearbox = 1140kg
RWD / sequential gearbox = 1170kg

Now subtract 40kg for TOCA's latest adjustment
Old 23 Apr 2005, 20:02 (Ref:1285309)   #8
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
Tssk tssk, that Gow gives in to Plato's whining a lot doesn't he?

I thought the Lexus was BTC-spec?
lol, but I have to say after watching him at Old Hairpin, that car looked like a barge compared to the other cars round there. Something needed to be done.
Old 23 Apr 2005, 21:05 (Ref:1285326)   #9
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ideally this will help GA get sponsorship to run an Alfa or 2, but I guess that's a forlorn hope now. SEAT seemed to need a weight benefit at Brands, but isn't that track more weight-dependent than most?
Old 24 Apr 2005, 10:38 (Ref:1285580)   #10
Cosworth_RS
Racer

Cosworth_RS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for clearing that point up Redshoes.
Old 24 Apr 2005, 18:32 (Ref:1286061)   #11
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
Ideally this will help GA get sponsorship to run an Alfa or 2, but I guess that's a forlorn hope now. SEAT seemed to need a weight benefit at Brands, but isn't that track more weight-dependent than most?
GA are confirmed for Thruxton. Jamie Spence will drive, there's even a story about it on the official website.
Old 24 Apr 2005, 20:22 (Ref:1286219)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The idea is that the top BTCC car and the top WTCC car should have the same lap time. Seat were off the pace in Monza and Donington, so perhaps they were the right limits. However Plato cites testing were Seat were on the pace with the other WTCC cars. There has been more testing (at different venues) rather than races (only at oddball Monza), but one situation is competetive and one not.

Whatever if Seat just win in Thruxton the arguement will be that it is only the weight limit. That will always be the case when the limits are arbitarily decided for two sets of regs.