Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 2 May 2005, 20:49 (Ref:1291647)   #26
TomS
Racer

TomS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What happened to the Lexus? Also Mark Proctor?
Old 2 May 2005, 21:02 (Ref:1291654)   #27
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Proctor had engine problems before the event and Speedequie had engine problems on Saturday and withdrew.
Old 2 May 2005, 21:07 (Ref:1291657)   #28
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
hmmm... we stood at the entrance to the Compex for BTCC race 2 and were near deafened by the speakers
I stood at the top of the hill where the cars went in to Noble, then for the 2nd and 3rd races I stood at the final turn, which was the best place, right opporsite the pit entrance, only a few feet a way from the track, and got to see Muller's slide, was it Plato who pushed him? and did bloudy well to keep it. He isn't 4 time Ice champion for nothing.
In the last Formular BMW race, did anyone know what happened to the driver in that bad crash at Club towards the end of the race, I heard from someone telling his kids he hit the catch fence. I hope he was OK.

Man the BTCC rocks!! Those cars look amazing close up and sound impressive, there was some great races.
Unfortunately as I stood in the first race at the top of the hill on the exit of Segrave, going into Noble, I saw Chilton in the lead, then he wasn't what happened to him? As I couldn't see at the part of the track.

One last thing I would just like to say a big well done to Dan Eaves! He drove 3 great races, and won all of them, his last was the most impressive especially when he was as far down as he was, he was certainly popular from the other fans and had a very nice cheer at the end.
Old 2 May 2005, 22:18 (Ref:1291693)   #29
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Okay, seen all the races now...

11 cars...okay, at the circuit it looks a little short. It looks better on TV...but vs WTCC & the DTM, BTCC is the best racing at the moment!

Though I feel for Plato, the penalty was earned and should have been dealt out regardless of whether he was able to surrender his position back.

Such an amazing sight though seeing all of the pack stop at the complex as Muller was outright refusing to repass Plato!
Old 2 May 2005, 22:25 (Ref:1291699)   #30
jim69
Racer

jim69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I feel that Plato was dealt a cruel blow. Its time in a proffesional series that they used official radio links from the organisers to the drivers in saftey car situations. Lots of other formula use this.

Then if there is any misunderstanding it can be rectified before the restart and avoid this sort of unjust penelty.

The saftey car is there to make thing safe. Not ruin the race.

Muller could have lifted, as he saw the first SC board, allowing Plato to fall into a trap, once sprung he was not going to help Plato out of it.
Old 3 May 2005, 07:06 (Ref:1291782)   #31
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
In the last Formular BMW race, did anyone know what happened to the driver in that bad crash at Club towards the end of the race, I heard from someone telling his kids he hit the catch fence. I hope he was OK.
I witnessed the accidnet Joe Osborne (who also rolled at Donington 3 weeks ago), as he entred chicane he hit the back wheels of another car and was launched into the air, he carried on in the air and hit the tyre barrier and hit the catch fencing and then slide down the fencing and coming to rest between there and the armco.

Luckly the car hit the fence bottom first, from where I stood I thought he was going to be very badly injured, but he was out of the car in seconds. Thank god the catch fencing was there or he would have been into the crowd and thing would have been a lot worst.