Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 17 Jul 2018, 18:59 (Ref:3837163)   #476
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
completely unconnected but as he came up in discussion earlier today, looks like Mat Jackson has been out in an Austin A40 today... https://twitter.com/ProvaAuto would like to see him turn out somewhere to rescue his career
Old 17 Jul 2018, 19:33 (Ref:3837169)   #477
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Cammish, Smiley and Butcher have all shown race winning pace so far. Don't think it'll be too likely to see any others this season.
Well, I know it's only a matter of time before Cammish strikes lucky once FK8 comes good. I've been researching BTCC Race Winners lately and to date, there's been 140, up to and including Dan Lloyd and all instances when the winning car was shared between 2 drivers!
Old 17 Jul 2018, 19:57 (Ref:3837171)   #478
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nononsensecapeesh View Post
Well, I know it's only a matter of time before Cammish strikes lucky once FK8 comes good. I've been researching BTCC Race Winners lately and to date, there's been 140, up to and including Dan Lloyd and all instances when the winning car was shared between 2 drivers!
I dont understand your last comment, as an example Aiden Moffats winning Mercedes was never shared with another driver http://www.touringcarregister.com/register/158/
Old 17 Jul 2018, 20:16 (Ref:3837172)   #479
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
I dont understand your last comment, as an example Aiden Moffats winning Mercedes was never shared with another driver http://www.touringcarregister.com/register/158/
I meant since the BTCC started in 1958 as the BSCC and there were instances in the 70s and 80s where the winning car was shared as the late Frank de Jong's website can attest:

http://touringcarracing.net/Races/19...tone%20TT.html
http://touringcarracing.net/Races/19...tone%20TT.html
http://touringcarracing.net/Races/19...0Park%202.html
http://touringcarracing.net/Races/19...on%20BTCC.html
http://touringcarracing.net/Races/1989%20Donington.html
http://touringcarracing.net/Races/1990%20Donington.html
http://touringcarracing.net/Races/19...nterserie.html

Even the Official BTCC website acknowledges those - http://www.btcc.net/history/statistics/drivers/

Any further questions?
Old 17 Jul 2018, 20:26 (Ref:3837174)   #480
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nononsensecapeesh View Post

Any further questions?
who was your favorite
Old 17 Jul 2018, 20:35 (Ref:3837177)   #481
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
who was your favorite
Rickard Rydell, I've had others since he left the series but he was my first and foremost.
Old 17 Jul 2018, 21:02 (Ref:3837182)   #482
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Shaun suggested the move was about performance, no disrepect to him, hes a steady peddler but when theres a lot of experienced hands around surely he might as well hand the keys to someone who till get some results

as for Broadley, everyone was suggesting he would swap with Caine but I havent seen anything more about that
I suspect Shaun may have been counting on Jakes services... but given TGs rumblings that might not be an option.

I now think Cainey is staying put for the season, ditto the other HARD drivers bar Jake.
Old 17 Jul 2018, 21:22 (Ref:3837186)   #483
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I suspect Shaun may have been counting on Jakes services... but given TGs rumblings that might not be an option.

I now think Cainey is staying put for the season, ditto the other HARD drivers bar Jake.
Team HARD does enough chopping and changing as it is (budgetary issues I know). I still remember their 2013 Season.
Old 17 Jul 2018, 21:27 (Ref:3837187)   #484
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post

Hill will be in the MG at Snetterton, its just a question of the right backs getting scratched
Old 17 Jul 2018, 21:32 (Ref:3837188)   #485
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Hill will be in the MG at Snetterton, its just a question of the right backs getting scratched
Hill and Butcher sounds like a promising (potential) Line-up, kind of like Cook and Sutton in 2016.
Old 18 Jul 2018, 13:36 (Ref:3837319)   #486
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmmm is it worth £5.50 to sign up to read this article;

"How the BTCC is tackling drivers who don't pay their bills"

https://www.motorsport.com/btcc/news...bills-1061135/
Old 18 Jul 2018, 13:42 (Ref:3837323)   #487
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by auroan View Post
Hmmmm is it worth £5.50 to sign up to read this article;

"How the BTCC is tackling drivers who don't pay their bills"

https://www.motorsport.com/btcc/news...bills-1061135/
Sure raises an interesting point though
Old 18 Jul 2018, 14:18 (Ref:3837331)   #488
Racer65
Racer

Racer65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's on Autosport Plus which I subscribe to.

Basically what they're referring to is one of the sub-rules of the TBL agreement which basically says a driver can't move teams unless they can prove that they've met all obligations to their current team.

So if they've missed a payment etc they can't move until that's settled.

On the flip side a driver can leave if they can prove that the team hasn't met it's obligations. Performance promises etc.
Old 18 Jul 2018, 14:39 (Ref:3837332)   #489
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer65 View Post

Basically what they're referring to is one of the sub-rules of the TBL agreement which basically says a driver can't move teams unless they can prove that they've met all obligations to their current team.

On the flip side a driver can leave if they can prove that the team hasn't met it's obligations. Performance promises etc.
Ah so basically this has come to light due to the Team Hard and Hill departing issue then ?
Old 18 Jul 2018, 14:42 (Ref:3837334)   #490
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer65 View Post

Very, very intriguing.

Smells like in order to move teams, Hill has to prove that TG and HARD weren't up to snuff, which then leads to bad blood.
Old 18 Jul 2018, 14:58 (Ref:3837335)   #491
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones View Post
Very, very intriguing.

Smells like in order to move teams, Hill has to prove that TG and HARD weren't up to snuff, which then leads to bad blood.
What can he use as a yardstick anyway, Although hes not a regular top 10, Hill has had his best finish - even if rain affected the race, hes only 6 points off where he was same point 2017 with only 1 retirement vs 3 in the first half last year.
So the car is more reliable which I'm sure would have been one of the get out clauses, and by luck he has had a best result.

So might be difficult to prove the car was terrible rather than just "i wanted more"
Old 18 Jul 2018, 15:13 (Ref:3837336)   #492
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You can’t just look at retirements in the races only, if might had had lots of issues in free practices which put him on the back foot on a Saturday, the only people who know what’s really happened are team hard and Jake and Simon
Old 18 Jul 2018, 15:19 (Ref:3837338)   #493
Racer65
Racer

Racer65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones View Post
Very, very intriguing.

As long as he's up to date with all his contract obligations then he can move regardless. The performance of the team only becomes an issue if he hasn't met the obligations he signed up to at the start.
Old 18 Jul 2018, 17:31 (Ref:3837350)   #494
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think that says it all, that’s the reason we haven’t seen Hill at AMD, yet
Old 18 Jul 2018, 18:35 (Ref:3837364)   #495
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I think that says it all, that’s the reason we haven’t seen Hill at AMD, yet
...or why there's been no indication of who's going to replace him at Team HARD either. It's not for definite it's gonna be Boardley for instance....
Old 18 Jul 2018, 18:40 (Ref:3837367)   #496
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Given they've [HARD] struggled with 4 cars this year, will we see him replaced at all...?

If they're desperate to hold on to that TBL, then I fear we'll have a third VW backmarker...
Old 18 Jul 2018, 18:41 (Ref:3837369)   #497
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Given they've [HARD] struggled with 4 cars this year, will we see him replaced at all...?

If they're desperate to hold on to that TBL, then I fear we'll have a third VW backmarker...
4 cars does feel like pushing it, I can understand why Mr. Gow said he'd prefer the field be limited to 26 cars.
Old 18 Jul 2018, 22:02 (Ref:3837401)   #498
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
At the time this was posted - Hill was still a Team HARD driver.

Then Hill left Team HARD with immediate effect, which sounded pretty definite.

TG has suggested that his contract will prevent him from driving elsewhere...

Then yesterday, Hill tweeted:
'Cannot wait to be racing with #BriskyRacing & johndanbyracing silverstoneclassic this coming weekend'

So if Hill is free to drive with Brisky (albeit in a different car), does that mean that Brisky are the holders of his contract, and could take their backing elsewhere?

It would seem strange to me for one of the marquee sponsors of Team HARD to run a driver who has 'left the team'?

I get the feeling that the whole TG/Hill/Brisky/HARD saga has got a bit more to run yet.....
As I understand it, one of Hill's sponsors had already paid Team Hard for the full season, and now wants half of its money back.

I suspect Tony Gilham may not be willing to return that cash.
Old 18 Jul 2018, 22:16 (Ref:3837403)   #499
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
As I understand it, one of Hill's sponsors had already paid Team Hard for the full season, and now wants half of its money back.

What a waste of time, resources and everyone's sanity.
Old 18 Jul 2018, 22:23 (Ref:3837405)   #500
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post

..interesting, is this why Rolec decided to stay with Team Hard rather than follow their driver?