Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 3 Mar 2000, 20:29 (Ref:7852)   #1
wodonnell
Racer

wodonnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am trying to get hold of details and results of all non championship GPs.

FORIX only lists the winner, polesitter and fastest lap.

Can anyone supply any more details?

Ideally I am looking for the full monty of complete starting and finishing order, race times, reasons for retirement, etc.
Old 3 Mar 2000, 20:42 (Ref:7853)   #2
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What I'm about to say is going to cause a groan of familiarity amongst the long term visitors to the forum.

The best place to look is the "Record of Grand Prix and Voiturette Racing" by Paul Sheldon and Duncan Rabagliati. You'll want to look from volume 4 onwards for the modern era (ie postwar)

But as AUSTRIA will tell you, they are not easy to find, being editions of only 500 copies, and they are NOT CHEAP!. If you have trouble, I have the first 4 volumes in my library, so if you need gaps filled in your research, do shout. I've also got a postwar set of Motor Sport, which covers most of the major non-champ races. All of these items are high up on my list of things I would save if my house was on fire. They are that useful.

I assume you're thinking of the Race of Champions, International Trophy and the like. What other sorts of events were you looking for?

Any more takers? This has the makings of another monster project.

[This message has been edited by TimD (edited 03 March 2000).]
Old 3 Mar 2000, 20:49 (Ref:7854)   #3
wodonnell
Racer

I was just considering adding details of races which did not count for the championship, to me site.

It sounds like there is going to be no easy way to get the data together though so I don't think I will bother.
Old 5 Mar 2000, 09:08 (Ref:7855)   #4
AUSTRIA
Racer

AUSTRIA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi wodonnell

Nice to meet you here again

Look to the following pages! Both not the best, not complete, generally listing best six of the races, with a lot of detail-mistakes, as it seems to me. But the only one I found on the net:

http://www.fortunecity.com/olympia/grange/54/index1.htm

http://www.silhouet.com/motorsport/a.../f1/title.html

As you will find out, both seem to base on the same source, partly exactly copied.
Best wishes and much fun ...

If you like discussion on this topic, be free to @mail me. The pre-wc time is one of my favorite era.

Meet you later

E.T.

[This message has been edited by AUSTRIA (edited 05 March 2000).]
Old 5 Mar 2000, 09:46 (Ref:7856)   #5
wodonnell
Racer

I knew I had seen something like what I was looking for somewhere on the Web. I am pretty sure that these 2 are what I found.

Thanks for pointing me to them.

Thinking about it, if I add these results to my site it will mean that I have to research any driver and team who did not compete in the championship so that I can add their details to the site too.

I think I will leave it for now, although I may come back to this one at some point.