Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 12 Jul 2008, 18:39 (Ref:2249781)   #1
tator2001uk
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheshire
tator2001uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
stands+side attractions oulton park

do they still have model shops/manufacturer displays etc ect at the btcc
anm thinking of going to oulton....is there much about these days to buy or is it just turn up watch race and go home!
programmes passt £5 yet?
thanks
Old 12 Jul 2008, 18:45 (Ref:2249783)   #2
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
The programs used to be free, I think you now pay £5 for one.
Old 12 Jul 2008, 20:32 (Ref:2249820)   #3
awrb
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham, UK
awrb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are generally stands and stuff, but nothing really special. Loads of overpriced merchandise from the manufacturers, and some other motorsport related stuff. You dont need it though, there's ALWAYS something on the track.
Old 14 Jul 2008, 11:01 (Ref:2250557)   #4
robert2000
Racer

England
Cambridge, UK
robert2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having just been to the BTCC at Snetterton, there wasn't a lot in the way of models - from what I saw it was just a couple of 1/43 rally cars and some of Vauxhall's road cars. Several clothing and sunglasses retailers. One photographic/art stall.

Both Team RAC and Vauxhall had displays. RAC were giving out free hats. The paddock was fun to walk around - lots of support race teams that are very friendly and you might see the odd BTCC driver.

Programme was £5 and although it's a bit steep, I like to have a record of the day. It is a fairly well done programme though, certainly much better than a lot I have seen - a nice spotters' guide is included.
Old 15 Jul 2008, 11:26 (Ref:2251180)   #5
tator2001uk
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheshire
tator2001uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thanks
dont know whether to just watch iot on itv4
there was more racing on the sunday at snett than at oulton!
Old 15 Jul 2008, 12:27 (Ref:2251248)   #6
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Snetterton doesn't have the same curfew that Oulton has so they have more track time and therefore more races. Oulton make up for it by scheduling more races on Sat afternoon.

Does it really matter how many models shops there are. If you want to spend the day shopping then go to the Trafford Centre instead.
Old 15 Jul 2008, 14:55 (Ref:2251359)   #7
Matthews Dad
Veteran

England
Northwich
Matthews Dad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes
Snetterton doesn't have the same curfew that Oulton has so they have more track time and therefore more races. Oulton make up for it by scheduling more races on Sat afternoon.

Oulton only allowed to start racing at 12:00 on Sunday and have to finish by 18:30, and as far as I know are only allowed 4 Sunday meetings per year which are Bikes x2 TOCA and the Gold cup over the August Bank Holiday weekend

This is why the F3 GT weekend over Easter is spread over the Sat and the Monday with no track action on the sunday

As Red shoes says there are several of the races on the Saturday afternoon as well so it makes for a good day on the Saturday, but it still should make good coverage on the Sunday as there is very little waiting around for races to start
Old 17 Jul 2008, 09:47 (Ref:2252514)   #8
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
[QUOTE=robert2000]Having just been to the BTCC at Snetterton, there wasn't a lot in the way of models - from what I saw it was just a couple of 1/43 rally cars and some of Vauxhall's road cars. QUOTE]

You should have popped into the model shop in the market by the Snett circuit entrance. It claims to be the world's largest model shop, I'd say a fair claim. It's huge...open seven days per week with every kind of model, die-cast, cars, planes, boats and trains and also it's own Tamiya RC racetrack.
http://www.spmodels.co.uk/acatalog/store.html
Old 17 Jul 2008, 10:58 (Ref:2252556)   #9
robert2000
Racer

England
Cambridge, UK
[QUOTE=Andrew Kitson]
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert2000
Having just been to the BTCC at Snetterton, there wasn't a lot in the way of models - from what I saw it was just a couple of 1/43 rally cars and some of Vauxhall's road cars. QUOTE]

You should have popped into the model shop in the market by the Snett circuit entrance. It claims to be the world's largest model shop, I'd say a fair claim. It's huge...open seven days per week with every kind of model, die-cast, cars, planes, boats and trains and also it's own Tamiya RC racetrack.
http://www.spmodels.co.uk/acatalog/store.html
I didn't know about this! I'm just down the A11 though so I might have a look some other time.
Old 17 Jul 2008, 11:22 (Ref:2252574)   #10
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There are big signs on the airfield road leading in to the circuit 'Tamiya Model shop'.
Old 17 Jul 2008, 12:12 (Ref:2252609)   #11
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At knockhill there is nothing but whats on track Theres wind, rain and racing with the odd burger van and mabey one stall, cant remember too well, but i would have noticed models etc..
Old 18 Jul 2008, 20:33 (Ref:2253575)   #12
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Models etc are usually in the trade area down at the hairpin.
Old 19 Jul 2008, 18:42 (Ref:2254026)   #13
robert2000
Racer

England
Cambridge, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Kitson
There are big signs on the airfield road leading in to the circuit 'Tamiya Model shop'.
D'oh

I should really wake up now and again