Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 30 Jan 2015, 03:54 (Ref:3498939)   #76
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
An interesting comment I saw for why Chase is getting #24 (as of right now) is that he will be taking Jeff's sponsors and they have already marketed with the #24, so they are reluctant to change numbers.

I don't know much about sponsors, so I don't how accurate that kind of statement is.
Old 31 Jan 2015, 00:52 (Ref:3499330)   #77
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
https://twitter.com/NASCARonNBC/stat...44611923939328

I like Nick Offerman more than NASCAR these days and found this enjoyable.
Old 31 Jan 2015, 12:59 (Ref:3499443)   #78
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Since I was out at the UGA vs GT hockey match last nite,
I thought I would try and find a transcript of Bill Elliott's HOF
acceptance speech. I found this web site and got lost in it
for 2 hours. You guys may already know about it, but if not,
enjoy.
http://www.asapsports.com/show_year....ry=3&year=2015
Old 31 Jan 2015, 14:27 (Ref:3499460)   #79
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
Since I was out at the UGA vs GT hockey match last nite,
I thought I would try and find a transcript of Bill Elliott's HOF
acceptance speech. I found this web site and got lost in it
for 2 hours. You guys may already know about it, but if not,
enjoy.
http://www.asapsports.com/show_year....ry=3&year=2015
I caught a little of it last night, but wasn't going to stay up and watch.

Darrell, I'm not going to take advice from you. I know you're good, but we'd need to do a little work there before the night is over.

The whole thing read like his autobiography.

Good for Wendell and his family. Hall of fames are sort of bogus for me these days, but this is deserving for the Scott family.

Little Joe was arguably one of the greatest talents ever to race a stockcar and went far too early. Fast Freddie has a top 5 winning percentage, right behind the King and Rex was one of the greats from the early days. It's pretty cool seeing Awesome Bill go in with these guys.

OT: GT has some kid that is hands down better than anyone else on the ice. He must be Canadian.
Old 31 Jan 2015, 17:30 (Ref:3499499)   #80
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Little Joe was arguably one of the greatest talents ever to race a stockcar and went far too early. Fast Freddie has a top 5 winning percentage, right behind the King and Rex was one of the greats from the early days. It's pretty cool seeing Awesome Bill go in with these guys.
I like reading about the beginnings of Nascar or any other motorsports
for that matter. I met Rex White last year and just reading his transcript
makes me appreciate him that much more. These were fearless men
of speed who paved the way of safety with their lives. And what
did Rex say he got paid one time for crew work? 2 bannanas.

I still cant believe this dream Bill is living. Hall of Fame, child
taking over Gordons ride. Pretty good week I'd say.
Old 1 Feb 2015, 22:08 (Ref:3499843)   #81
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Setting up the Yahoo NASCAR Fantasy tipping, and notice Ambrose is still available as a pick in the 9. Given that the road course races don't clash with his new ride in V8SC, he could well be a visitor to the US Shores a few times this year.
Old 8 Feb 2015, 13:42 (Ref:3502877)   #82
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
An interesting comment I saw for why Chase is getting #24 (as of right now) is that he will be taking Jeff's sponsors and they have already marketed with the #24, so they are reluctant to change numbers.

I don't know much about sponsors, so I don't how accurate that kind of statement is.
That would make sense, since sponsorship (read that money) is the real driving force of auto racing! This isn't like it was in the old days, today, unfortunately, "Corporate America's" BIG dollars drive and run the sport! They don't get their way, you tick them off and they pull their sponsorship, that puts your car/team "on the trailer" faster than anything else on the face of the earth! The sad truth about racing (and all other sports) today! "BIG MONEY/corporate sponsorships have RUINED it!

Last edited by R.Lee; 8 Feb 2015 at 13:43. Reason: corrections
Old 10 Feb 2015, 20:28 (Ref:3503739)   #83
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looks like no NASCAR coverage in the UK for 2015...
Old 10 Feb 2015, 21:00 (Ref:3503750)   #84
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
In Netherlands there will be live coverage of Cup. First time in many years.
Old 11 Feb 2015, 00:24 (Ref:3503805)   #85
canamman
Veteran

United States
Nascar at dinner time sounds good!

I have spent decades watching F1 with breakfast.
Old 11 Feb 2015, 10:20 (Ref:3503925)   #86
winkle
Rookie

United Kingdom
Wallington
winkle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus_r View Post
Looks like no NASCAR coverage in the UK for 2015...

Not on premier sports this year?
Old 11 Feb 2015, 10:59 (Ref:3503932)   #87
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkle View Post
Not on premier sports this year?
The word is they have a verbal agreement but they haven't said yes, they haven't said no and they arent saying anything

Best get a decent internet connection because there is no coverage of any kind at the moment in the UK

Even Motors wont be showing the Xfinity series.

Last edited by tux; 11 Feb 2015 at 11:16.
Old 11 Feb 2015, 11:56 (Ref:3503941)   #88
winkle
Rookie

United Kingdom
Wallington

Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
The word is they have a verbal agreement but they haven't said yes, they haven't said no and they arent saying anything

Best get a decent internet connection because there is no coverage of any kind at the moment in the UK

TV companies pay 5.2 BILLION to cover football

**** depressed.
Old 11 Feb 2015, 16:36 (Ref:3504017)   #89
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Not?
Old 11 Feb 2015, 16:48 (Ref:3504021)   #90
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I'm not wildly surprised tbh. NASCAR is a difficult series to broadcast and a difficult series to engage with due to how long it lasts.
Old 11 Feb 2015, 17:55 (Ref:3504033)   #91
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Not?
Not at the moment, they are working on highlights though.

Good news in the UK Premier confirmed this afternoon that they be showing the Sprint Cup for the next 3 years starting on this weekend.
Old 11 Feb 2015, 19:59 (Ref:3504068)   #92
winkle
Rookie

United Kingdom
Wallington
Quote:
Not at the moment, they are working on highlights though.

Good news in the UK Premier confirmed this afternoon that they be showing the Sprint Cup for the next 3 years starting on this weekend.
That's excellent news!! Only reason I subscribe to Premier.
Old 13 Feb 2015, 19:05 (Ref:3504637)   #93
Vespy89
Rookie

Vespy89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well today we get to see our first on track action since November and i'm pretty excited.
Old 13 Feb 2015, 19:59 (Ref:3504666)   #94
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vespy89 View Post
Well today we get to see our first on track action since November and i'm pretty excited.
Welcome to TenTenths
Old 13 Feb 2015, 20:11 (Ref:3504673)   #95
Vespy89
Rookie

Vespy89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks i've been a fan since Dale.Sr sad he is no longer with us
Old 14 Feb 2015, 08:27 (Ref:3504778)   #96
jackjeffree
Rookie

Australia
Cockatoo, Victoria
jackjeffree should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just been told my Mark Howard from ten sport in Australia that they wont be showing any nascar in 2015
Old 14 Feb 2015, 16:16 (Ref:3504890)   #97
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Other countries pulling the plug on this series is no surprise.

Other items that are not surprising:
  1. Smoke is fat and mad
  2. Frank Kimmel is old and still the favorite in ARCA
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/moto...sue/ar-AA9nGOB

Holy smokes, there's a race tonight and I am somehow uninterested, for the most part. I'll probably watch some of the Busch Clash. It's still called that, right?
Old 15 Feb 2015, 01:48 (Ref:3505035)   #98
MCWB
Veteran

MCWB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackjeffree View Post
Just been told my Mark Howard from ten sport in Australia that they wont be showing any nascar in 2015
Not much of a surprise, especially given that there's no Ambrose. Ricciardo had a great 2014 in F1 and Ten Sport is only showing 10 F1 races live...
Old 15 Feb 2015, 19:45 (Ref:3505232)   #99
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good to see a new season, new ideas and yet the same old same old. Logano mouthing off last night and Bowyer getting ****ed because he wrecked a guy he hit and bent the sheet metal on earlier. And a lot of *****ing about how dare NASCAR change something, instead of figuring out how to work with it instead of against it.

But so far knockout has been entertaining and much better than single car flying laps. Add in listening to the Fox guys talk about it like it's NASCARs grand new idea and it's more fun. Group two was MUCH smarter than group one, but the waiting is hilarious 800 hp idling and inching along not wanting to be first. Felt like F1, wait and wait to go fast once or twice. Feels like the knockout may accidentally reward the best team and most flexible/observant and keep those cars out front instead of wrestling and wrecking.

One fast lap pack racing shootout for pole was an exciting end with Gordon on pole for his last 500. Crossed start finish with 1 second on the clock to make his lap actually count. And three of the fastest guys all day Gordon, Johnson, Hamlin ended up 1-2-3. And now let the NASCAR let Gordon run to pole for his final Daytona 500 conspiracies begin.
Old 15 Feb 2015, 20:59 (Ref:3505268)   #100
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Logano mouthing off last night
Logano may be the one that dropped the F bomb on TV but Harvick is the one that acted like a child in my opinion. Logano made a mistake but didn't deserve getting hit after the race... I thought Harvick over-reacted, especially for a pretty meaningless race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
And now let the NASCAR let Gordon run to pole for his final Daytona 500 conspiracies begin.
Spent 30 seconds on NASCAR.com and already saw 3 comments talking about conspiracy.