Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 17 Oct 2000, 04:47 (Ref:43279)   #1
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

driver at restrictor plate tracks. He came from no where to win Sunday at Talladega.
Old 17 Oct 2000, 12:52 (Ref:43317)   #2
Jared
Racer

Jared should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rest In Peace, Tony Roper

What a race! The Man proved that, even though he doesn't like restrictor-plate racing, he's still the best at it. Where was he with 3 laps to go? 18th? HAHAHAHAHAHA! I'm a major Earnhardt fan and I almost counted him out of it.

Well, Joe Fan and others, what did you think of the race? Did NASCAR finally make the right call? The race wasn't what I expected (no one-on-one slingshot), but I think so, since the last few laps didn't come down to the single-file, too-scared-to-pass procession previous Talladega races have been.

I say that if this idea worked, NASCAR should increase it for Daytona. They should go to the 1-inch (or larger) opening in the restrictor plate to allow the drivers more throttle response, and besides, Daytona is a slower track than Talladega, so speeds shouldn't be a concern.

If they keep this for Daytona, I think I'll buy some tickets for it. I was planning on saving the money I would spend on a 500 ticket for my USGP trip. But, I don't know now....
Old 17 Oct 2000, 17:38 (Ref:43345)   #3
Heeltoe6
Veteran

Heeltoe6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No, I don't think Nascar made the right call. The race was a typical freight train/need help to pass plate race, just with a few more lead changes. They should've get the 1 in plate, then we would've seen some real racing, a la slingshot
Old 26 Oct 2000, 13:24 (Ref:44967)   #4
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Joe Dude

I must say the popcorn 500 had a **** house name but a great race - where do I sign up??

Old Earnhart did the deed late n the race. It was almost he new the atrition rate wound be high, therefore many yellows do just hang in t rhere until running for broke at the end didn't ,ake ,ust difference. I as an Assue like this shiiiiiite. Especially to thye Aussie variants.. If you like this you may like the "Supercares V8's" series in Australia. If so send me a email address and I'll invest in some tapes to send over. I think ou'd like it.

Regards

Moffatt.