Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Mar 2022, 21:46 (Ref:4102824)   #2651
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Talking of cost, do you know how much it costs me to watch D2S? Absolutely nothing.
Enjoyed the first couple of seasons, even though they were pretty cheesy at times - all the weird sound effects, making mountains out of molehills & of course the ever smarmy Will Buxton stating the obvious or drawing "controversial" conclusions.

Not bothering anymore, has jumped the shark from my point of view. Let's not forget though that D2S gave us "fockslam" - and other similar inventiveness from Mr Steiner - made it worth watching just for all that in the early seasons.
Old 16 Mar 2022, 23:07 (Ref:4102831)   #2652
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Enjoyed the first couple of seasons, even though they were pretty cheesy at times - all the weird sound effects, making mountains out of molehills & of course the ever smarmy Will Buxton stating the obvious or drawing "controversial" conclusions.

Not bothering anymore, has jumped the shark from my point of view. Let's not forget though that D2S gave us "fockslam" - and other similar inventiveness from Mr Steiner - made it worth watching just for all that in the early seasons.
Couldn't have put it better myself!!I block recorded the 3 seasons to date but after watching the 1st year I deleted all of it!
Old 19 Mar 2022, 13:02 (Ref:4103255)   #2653
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So I tune in to Radio 5 to catch qualfing- I know its later - and hear the final laps of FP3 The children are talking about cheese.....
Old 20 Mar 2022, 09:29 (Ref:4103437)   #2654
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
So I tune in to Radio 5 to catch qualfing- I know its later - and hear the final laps of FP3 The children are talking about cheese.....
What a joy!! ?
Old 20 Mar 2022, 10:17 (Ref:4103445)   #2655
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Steve Jones really needs to buckle down now and sit his SAT exams so that he can move on from primary school. I've never minded him that much in the past, but he really is becoming more and more childish....
Old 20 Mar 2022, 11:47 (Ref:4103454)   #2656
Derwent
Racer

Derwent is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Steve Jones really needs to buckle down now and sit his SAT exams so that he can move on from primary school. I've never minded him that much in the past, but he really is becoming more and more childish....
I've never understood why on all motoring and motorsport programmes there is a need to have someone who is a "minor personality " rather than someone from the sport. It's the same with Formula E and programmes like Car SOS. it doesn't seem to happen with other sports.
Old 20 Mar 2022, 11:55 (Ref:4103455)   #2657
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent View Post
I've never understood why on all motoring and motorsport programmes there is a need to have someone who is a "minor personality " rather than someone from the sport. It's the same with Formula E and programmes like Car SOS. it doesn't seem to happen with other sports.
It happens in most sports, and has happened in F1 for years.

Steve Rider, Des Lynam, Jake Humphrey etc all had a media background that they brought to F1 coverage.
Steve Jones is a presenter, the show needs to be presented...
Old 20 Mar 2022, 13:14 (Ref:4103460)   #2658
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I get that crm, but his style is becoming ever more 'gushing with childlike excitement' as if he's waiting for his next go on the climbing frame and ball pool at McDonalds.....
Old 20 Mar 2022, 13:49 (Ref:4103465)   #2659
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Um, how do you know about the climbing frame and ball pool at Ronald's?
Old 20 Mar 2022, 21:54 (Ref:4103583)   #2660
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I find it interesting and also enraging what others pay in other parts of the world. One of my Belgian colleagues said that his Sky bill is under half what we pay in the UK and he gets all the movies all the sports channels etc. We had to kill off a number of services on our bill as it was over £100 a month which is just ridiculous to be frank.
Here in Latin America, Disney has two streaming services: Disney+, which features cartoons plus Marvel and Star Wars stuff; and Star+, which includes 20th century films, The Simpsons, and lots of ESPN content that was removed from the linear cable TV channels channels and the TV Everywhere streaming service ESPN Play.

Now Star+ added the Uruguayan First Division football matches here in Uruguay, so the service now costs US$ 25 per month. That's the equivalent of 12 hours of minimum wage.

Technically I can afford it, but I refuse to.
Old 20 Mar 2022, 22:22 (Ref:4103594)   #2661
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Um, how do you know about the climbing frame and ball pool at Ronald's?
I have children Peter..... Mind you, they are now 37 and 32....
Old 21 Mar 2022, 11:04 (Ref:4103648)   #2662
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
I thought the commentary during the race on CH4 highlights was pretty bad - too much shouting, massively over excited. Someone needs to take a chill pill.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 21 Mar 2022, 11:15 (Ref:4103651)   #2663
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
I thought the commentary during the race on CH4 highlights was pretty bad - too much shouting, massively over excited. Someone needs to take a chill pill.
Yup.
Old 21 Mar 2022, 13:30 (Ref:4103672)   #2664
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Channel 4 did a great job, very good analysis and knowing when to get excited. Best part was Mark Webber describing the replay of Checo's spin
Old 21 Mar 2022, 13:42 (Ref:4103676)   #2665
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Channel 4 did a great job, very good analysis and knowing when to get excited. Best part was Mark Webber describing the replay of Checo's spin
But Jaques spends his time over-emphasising the action. Its as if every overtaking move is going to be an accident. Tedious in the extreme.
Old 21 Mar 2022, 13:55 (Ref:4103685)   #2666
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Impressed by Naomi Schiff on the Sky interviews....
Old 21 Mar 2022, 14:01 (Ref:4103690)   #2667
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Clearly knows the subject could give the kindergarten ON BBC radio 5 a few lessons
Old 21 Mar 2022, 14:11 (Ref:4103693)   #2668
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
But Jaques spends his time over-emphasising the action. Its as if every overtaking move is going to be an accident. Tedious in the extreme.
I agree Peter, he was like this at the start of last year but seemed to calm down (or I got more used to him) as the year went on. Hopefully DC will find his volume switch and trim it down a bit?
Old 21 Mar 2022, 14:31 (Ref:4103698)   #2669
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Clearly knows the subject could give the kindergarten ON BBC radio 5 a few lessons
indeed! did really well!
Old 22 Mar 2022, 06:28 (Ref:4103792)   #2670
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
He sounds like a cheesy hospital radio DJ. A less self absorbed version of Croft. Eurghh.
Old 22 Mar 2022, 09:51 (Ref:4103801)   #2671
Derwent
Racer

Derwent is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
I've watched some of the ITV4 coverage of Moto GP. They pack three races into an hour. no band of "experts" analysing every move. Simple commentary and some brief interviews. No woffle or padding,
Old 22 Mar 2022, 14:23 (Ref:4103843)   #2672
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Different sport, and almost certainly, different contractual conditions about the amount of action they can show.
Old 22 Mar 2022, 16:06 (Ref:4103866)   #2673
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I don’t know how much of the C4 coverage people actually watched. If anything Jacques was quieter than last year, only raising his tone when the situation required and letting DC and Webber getting their fair share of talking time. Considering Ben Edwards is a hard act to follow, he’s doing well IMHO
Old 22 Mar 2022, 16:30 (Ref:4103870)   #2674
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I don’t know how much of the C4 coverage people actually watched. If anything Jacques was quieter than last year, only raising his tone when the situation required and letting DC and Webber getting their fair share of talking time. Considering Ben Edwards is a hard act to follow, he’s doing well IMHO
I watched the whole (race coverage part of) the C4 highlights programme & found him to be loud and overpowering. However, as I mentioned in my comment earlier in the thread instead of him actually improving last year, I may have just gotten used to him (and therefore found him loud & overpowering after having a break away from him for a while).
(Another factor that may have made me more conscious of the noise is that I watched the programme as a recording starting at around 4:45 in the morning before going to work. As everyone else in the house was still asleep in bed I didn't want to disturb them).
Old 23 Mar 2022, 16:11 (Ref:4104003)   #2675
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Massively impressed, what a great addition to the team. She gelled with everyone she was teamed with all weekend. She has a great future i'm sure

Tags
pinks