Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Jul 2000, 01:13 (Ref:23110)   #1
Mr.S
Racer

Mr.S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was at http://f1rumors.net/archive/2000/28/07-12.html when they made a good point about the Mugello test. McLaren tested their cars at one of Ferrari’s home tracks, Ferrari now knows where exactly McLaren is in terms of performance compared to them. They know where the MP4/15 is stronger then the F1-2k and where they are weaker. And seeing as how McLaren actually was setting fast times, team Schumacher seems to have accurate data. Did McLaren make a stupid move?

Slipping into conspiracy mode here, wouldn’t Ferrari go even farther, the track is theirs after all. That means they could set it up to gather info on McLaren. Ferrari now has something to work towards; I wouldn’t be surprised if McLaren type parts start to appear on future versions of the F1-2000.

I’m not crazy am I? Some one at Ferrari (TGF I think) said that there was very little development left in the car. It makes perfect sense.

Any thoughts?
Old 14 Jul 2000, 03:26 (Ref:23128)   #2
Regs
Rookie

Regs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That sounds like the equvilent of the USAF flying an SR-71 to a Soviet Air Force base for an overnight stay and leaving it unguarded. And the unmasking of any secrets would be deserved for being so foolish! Perhaps Ron Dennis feels that he can run the MP4/15 right under Ferrari's noses as he underestimates thier ability to keep pace with him. "Let 'em get all the stats they want, they'll never do as well as us". I believe RD hold Ferrari in some contempt and sees them as No2. Even though they were last years constructors champs.
Old 14 Jul 2000, 03:37 (Ref:23131)   #3
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ha ha ha!! Just imagine Ross Brawn going undercover at night and taking a closer look at the car. He he he. Well...since every day this looks more like a spy movie then I would think that the Mclaren could be filled with aerodynamic "decoys" to fool the guys at ferrari. I was quite suprised to hear that Mclaren was testing over there....but don't worry, Ron is not that Naive. He knows how he does his things.
Old 14 Jul 2000, 09:33 (Ref:23146)   #4
Cameron
Rookie

Cameron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hear, Hear.

Surely any team not realising the potential pitfalls does not deserve any recognition at all. I just can't believe McL were not aware of such potential.

Besides everyone is talking about F learning McL's secrets. I think McL have been quite rattled this year as to how good the F is. Who is not to say that McL were going to see if they can pick up some tips from F?