Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 7 Feb 2004, 19:56 (Ref:866543)   #1
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Prosport Road Car?

Hi gang, I remeber seeing at least one road-going Prosport (GT Car)a few years ago (pos' metalac blue?) behind the pits at Brands. Not sure whether this was during a Brit'GT race meeting or during a Track Hire day? If anybody knows of one, how the owner can be contacted or just as good-a picture of said car...any info at all, please let me know ASAP please. Its not for me but a race driver needs the info desperately for homologation purposes! Thanks for any help.
Old 8 Feb 2004, 16:03 (Ref:867176)   #2
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pretty certain that CCC ran an article on this car.. but that was sometime ago!
Old 9 Feb 2004, 14:05 (Ref:868241)   #3
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The car is question is an Ultima.

There is a forum for owners on pistonheads.com, the owner of the car featured in CCC is the forum moderator.
Old 10 Feb 2004, 08:07 (Ref:869140)   #4
greenamex2
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
greenamex2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The car in question WAS a Prosport/LM 3000 NOT an Ultima. I remember the article well and have come very close to buying one (both Prosport and Ultima) on several occasions so do know the difference (about 150-200Kg and a second a lap in the Prosports favour with the right engine!).

Several have been put on the road but I have no further details.

Unfortunately the company that makes them has disappeared as far as I can tell but I'll ask me engine builder who did all the engines for their short lived one make series if he knows of anyone who could help.

The only other person I could think was Lee Noble but the last time I spoke to him and mentioned the Prosport he exploded because he reckoned he wasn't paid all the money he was owed for the project so I wouldn't expect too much co-operation there!!!
Old 10 Feb 2004, 08:26 (Ref:869158)   #5
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And I thought I was going mad! Article must be very old now.. perhaps almost 10 years? Was a picture of the car sitting in a petrol station - I remember that much.

Prosport / LM3000 also did a kit so that the car could enter Le Mans (perhaps around 1994), not sure whether that would help with the homologation exercise (i.e. making it into a GT car)
Old 10 Feb 2004, 21:52 (Ref:869941)   #6
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks for the info and all your time so far lads-I think I now have all the info needed for the driver in question. The driver has indeed tracked down the CCC mag in question (some how!)and done the biz needed-Cheers.