Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 29 Mar 2017, 13:16 (Ref:3722419)   #1
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Test Day 2017

Ok all booked up now, heading down on the 3rd back straight after the test finishes, taking the little car so Ian and i will have to pack light(very light).

Who else will be there?
Old 29 Mar 2017, 13:49 (Ref:3722425)   #2
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
When are the test days this year???
Old 29 Mar 2017, 14:55 (Ref:3722442)   #3
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
The full circuit is used on the sunday 4th of June so 2 weeks before the Race, teams and cars will be there Saturday and will stay there ready for scrutineering the next weekend. We however must return home for a week.
Old 30 Mar 2017, 19:27 (Ref:3722655)   #4
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
If things go according to plan, I'll be there
Old 30 Mar 2017, 20:01 (Ref:3722656)   #5
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well hopefully we will see you down there Vince
Old 3 Apr 2017, 12:00 (Ref:3723492)   #6
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't think I'll be able to swing going this year, I'd end up in a lot of trouble!! Having been to Dubai and Silverstone already this year... and going to the WEC at Silverstone in just under 2 weeks time as well.
Old 10 Apr 2017, 19:18 (Ref:3725366)   #7
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
I should be there all week end
Old 25 Apr 2017, 14:52 (Ref:3729148)   #8
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We'll be there for test weekend, but won't bother going home till the Tuesday after the race.
Old 25 Apr 2017, 19:56 (Ref:3729181)   #9
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post
We'll be there for test weekend, but won't bother going home till the Tuesday after the race.
Commendable commitment! That said, I quite like the short trip - being able to laconically say at work "Oh, popped down to the Loire valley, had a decent dinner, watched some cars" to the usual "up to much at the weekend?" question on Monday is generally quite fun.
Old 11 May 2017, 11:00 (Ref:3732782)   #10
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Brake dust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would recommend staying in the town center on Saturday evening. Great energy/atmosphere - lot's of the team walking around and having dinner in town. The only downside is that if you are bringing your wife and she doesn't want to go to the track - not much do do in Le Mans on Sunday - evertyhing is closed!
Old 11 May 2017, 11:35 (Ref:3732787)   #11
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake dust View Post
Would recommend staying in the town center on Saturday evening. Great energy/atmosphere - lot's of the team walking around and having dinner in town. The only downside is that if you are bringing your wife and she doesn't want to go to the track - not much do do in Le Mans on Sunday - evertyhing is closed!
There are plenty of tourist type places to see around le mans and in the centre of le mans itself, if she can not find something to do then perhaps would be better to go down to le mans on your own
Old 18 May 2017, 14:23 (Ref:3734261)   #12
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
all systems go for the test day, little car passed it's mot today and accommodation confirmed so can get away with ian and i in the MR2 with a small bag each and the roof down all the way. It WILL be sunny and warm
Old 18 May 2017, 16:02 (Ref:3734275)   #13
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
all systems go for the test day, little car passed it's mot today and accommodation confirmed so can get away with ian and i in the MR2 with a small bag each and the roof down all the way. It WILL be sunny and warm
I hope you're right and this forecast's wrong:

http://www.accuweather.com/en/fr/le-.../135975?day=16

However, if you scroll forward for a couple of weeks to the weekend of the race, you'll find your wishes granted.

If only we could rely on such a long-range forecast!
Old 18 May 2017, 16:45 (Ref:3734286)   #14
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
thunderstorms, not sure that will go down well on test day, but warm anyway
Old 18 May 2017, 17:23 (Ref:3734297)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Soak it all up for us Simon......
Old 24 May 2017, 15:59 (Ref:3735691)   #16
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is camping available during testweekend? Where do you guys sleep?
Old 24 May 2017, 16:22 (Ref:3735696)   #17
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
No camping at the circuit, hopefully we are staying with a friend but i know Vince is camping at beaumont just north of Le mans, he is there from saturday until the next weekend when he moves into Tertre rouge. if you are thinking of camping i am sure he will be glad of the company, we are hoping to meet Vince saturday evening anyway. you taking the nice car?
Old 24 May 2017, 16:31 (Ref:3735699)   #18
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
just checked weather for test day weekend and has improved no longer says thunderstorms but bright and sunny
Old 24 May 2017, 18:16 (Ref:3735724)   #19
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
René, I'll be at Beaumont sur Sarthe Municipal camping indeed. I'll be arriving there Friday 2nd of June, till Sunday morning 11th. Feel free to join me! One of the prettiest and cleanest campsites I've ever stayed on. And in this time of year, no problem with reservations etc., just turn up and book a place.
Old 24 May 2017, 20:41 (Ref:3735744)   #20
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
René, I'll be at Beaumont sur Sarthe Municipal camping indeed. I'll be arriving there Friday 2nd of June, till Sunday morning 11th. Feel free to join me! One of the prettiest and cleanest campsites I've ever stayed on. And in this time of year, no problem with reservations etc., just turn up and book a place.
And no flooding risk this year Vince!!
Old 24 May 2017, 20:55 (Ref:3735746)   #21
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm looking in to do a splash and dash, not sure yet, driving down saturday evening and back on monday. And yes if so I'll take the nice car. Do I need parking tickets? I know my 24 ticket gives me acces to testday, right?
Old 24 May 2017, 21:12 (Ref:3735747)   #22
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Yes indeed the GE ticket gives you acces to all areas of the circuit. And no parking ticket required. Just enjoy the festivities!
Old 24 May 2017, 21:28 (Ref:3735748)   #23
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If you get there early enough on the Sunday you can shamelessly park on the grass verge just outside the entrance.
Old 24 May 2017, 21:57 (Ref:3735754)   #24
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
rouge car park has always been free, easy to park then walk over the bridge coming out right back tertre rouge campsite
Old 24 May 2017, 22:22 (Ref:3735758)   #25
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Arnage and Mulsanne also just turn up and park.