Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 8 May 2005, 08:03 (Ref:1295466)   #1
Guss
Racer

Guss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is v8 supercars a professional sport

I am very very disapointed today in Race 3

Radisich beat Marshalls to B. Jones, this is crap for a sport with high profile

Radisich you are a legend, thank you for helping BJ
Old 8 May 2005, 08:18 (Ref:1295479)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I agree about Mr Radisich helping out... although I would have tried the rear door, the chance of getting thru that would be a lot better than the front that was wedged in the sand...

Presumably Mr Radisich was standing at a marshall's point after his car went off with broken suspension... so how did the Rat get there first?? Or did the marshalls need permission from The Chosen One before attending to the driver?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 8 May 2005, 08:51 (Ref:1295510)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
From the Team BOC press release Here

Quotes: Brad Jones
“I guess I can be fortunate that it was a gentle roll over and there doesn’t seem to be much damage. I just can’t believe things at the moment, it must be some sort of record rolling a car in two events straight. I was having some overheating problems with my brakes and as I was going into Kolb Corner, I drifted onto the sandy part of the track. From there I just skated and hit the sand strap side on which made the car roll over. I’d like to thank Paul Radisich who came to my rescue. He got there a lot quicker than the rescue crew did and these days with wearing a HANS Device, it’s a lot harder to get out of an upside down car.
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 8 May 2005, 09:10 (Ref:1295534)   #4
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think, like in 99 when Larry, et al all pulled over, jeopardising their races, to help Lowdnes, it shows that the mateship in this sport is high.

But, we don't know the back story. Maybe Paul was asked by a marshal to stay off circuit for a few moments while they got permission, or orders, etc? We didn't see where he came from, and can't comment.

Either way, VERY classy actions Paul. Big thumbs up! Notice how easily the door on the car bent tho??
Old 8 May 2005, 09:16 (Ref:1295548)   #5
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a feeling The Rat was on the outside of the corner, and the Marshalls were on the inside of the corner.. the marshalls had to wait for a break in the traffic to attend the car ?

Also, i think maybe the Rat might have said 'f**k this, im getting out there to help Brad, i dont care wat Schenken is going to wait and saw to the marshalls'

either way...

PAUL RADISICH.. you are a legend !
Old 8 May 2005, 09:19 (Ref:1295551)   #6
Guss
Racer

Guss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
statement from B Jones

I’d like to thank Paul Radisich who came to my rescue. He got there a lot quicker than the rescue crew did and these days with wearing a HANS Device, it’s a lot harder to get out of an upside down car.”
Old 8 May 2005, 09:49 (Ref:1295564)   #7
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great to see the mateship still exsisting.
Well done RAT!
Old 8 May 2005, 10:10 (Ref:1295576)   #8
William Dale Jr
Veteran

Australia
Townsville, North Queensland
William Dale Jr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonhill9884
I have a feeling The Rat was on the outside of the corner, and the Marshalls were on the inside of the corner.. the marshalls had to wait for a break in the traffic to attend the car ?
Yeah, that's pretty much how I saw it as well.
Old 8 May 2005, 10:14 (Ref:1295581)   #9
A9X05
Racer

A9X05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper
Great to see the mateship still exsisting.
Well done RAT!
Seems like the old ANZAC spirit shining through again! Congratulations Paul Radisich it was great to see!
Old 8 May 2005, 12:58 (Ref:1295671)   #10
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
1200Datto27 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
GTR, having seen the area behind the seat in a supercar, there would not have been that much that the Rat could have done opening the rear door. What he was probably trying to do was get to BJ and undo his belts whilst bj used his hands to brace himself in the seat, and then assist him down.
Old 8 May 2005, 13:03 (Ref:1295677)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I thought the rear door entry would have helped remove the HANS device more than anything else.

I can picture Mr Jones upside down and literally strapped into place by the multipoint harness, and the HANS device... which would have pressures on it from an abnormal direction (180 degrees from usual)

Mr Jones seemed to take a little while to exit the car... it was a light impact, so I didnt think he would be injured, but more concerned at the entanglements inside the car.

Had there been a fire risk of course, there would have been different issues.

I wonder if any testing has been done in Supercar to understand the entry/exit of drivers with the HANS devices in place? In an F1 car there are established time standards for these things... given HANS is new to most of the sport locally, it would be interesting to know if any detailed studies have been completed on sedans as opposed to formula cars....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 8 May 2005, 13:16 (Ref:1295702)   #12
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I did notice with amusement though (tongue in cheek) Radisich was being ushered away by the marshal, then proceeded to get back into BJ's car, my first thoughts were, there is no way a marshall of that magnitude is ever going to get into that race car to get BJ out.
Well done Rat, see being small does have its advantage, doesn't it GTR
Old 8 May 2005, 13:20 (Ref:1295706)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerri
Well done Rat, see being small does have its advantage, doesn't it GTR
Never had that option myself....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 8 May 2005, 13:24 (Ref:1295710)   #14
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is no way I'm going anywhere near that one GTR
Old 8 May 2005, 15:11 (Ref:1295838)   #15
EGG
Racer

Australia
perth, aus
EGG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
There aren't any marshals anywhere near kolb corner or "the basin", whatever you want to call it, on the infield. On the outfield... I'm trying to remember but I think there's some on the hill on the way down, and some on the hill on the way up.
Old 8 May 2005, 20:52 (Ref:1296041)   #16
mmciau
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
mmciau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wherever the Marshalls were positioned, I think we need to think this incident through carefully!!!

When we received training at the Adelaide GPs, we were told NEVER enter the track while there is a "green" condition. We were lined up on one side of the track and then we were told to sprint as fast as we could to the other side of the track. Some of us took about 5-7 seconds (some longer) to get across the track.

We then timed an F1 from the time it first appeared to when it was adjacent to our marshall's post - it took about 2 seconds.

Outcome from the training was that we would be run over by a car we never saw when we commenced our run.

So the Marshalls were correct to stay where they were.

Yes the HANS upside down may present a problem that has not been considered but that's a matter for the Technicians

Mike
Old 9 May 2005, 01:22 (Ref:1296161)   #17
William Dale Jr
Veteran

Australia
Townsville, North Queensland
William Dale Jr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmciau
Outcome from the training was that we would be run over by a car we never saw when we commenced our run.

So the Marshalls were correct to stay where they were.
Indeed. Anyone who has seen footage of the accident that killed poor Tom Pryce and a marshall during the 1977 South African GP would have to agree.
Old 9 May 2005, 09:38 (Ref:1296398)   #18
Rowdy
Racer

Australia
The Shire
Rowdy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congrats The Rat

Not sure if anybody has mentioned this but a big well done to the rat for being first to jones after the rollover. Cars were still going pretty quick past that point, and his concern for a fellow competitor was obvious the way the was trying to get to Jones and was taking a fair risk himself. Don't worry BJ, things will turn around (not over) soon.

Larko, We miss you.