Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 12 Mar 2010, 08:26 (Ref:2650147)   #51
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
purple crushed velvet, 4 button double breasted front, frenchcuffs, I want you looking like Camp Freddy

make it happen Max!
Old 12 Mar 2010, 10:57 (Ref:2650215)   #52
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'll publish Iain's measurements on here, should settle a few arguments!
Old 12 Mar 2010, 21:12 (Ref:2650622)   #53
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
I'm still trying to pluck up enthusiasm . . . I think I'd rather spend the time and money on a days testing
Zeff,

Where can you get a day's testing for £20 - please let us know, we'll be queuing up!
Old 12 Mar 2010, 21:31 (Ref:2650639)   #54
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveGT6 View Post
Zeff,

Where can you get a day's testing for £20 - please let us know, we'll be queuing up!
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, I paid £42 for a couple of tickets it seems I didn't need. I drove in this morning and think I must have tagged on the exhibitors queue driving in. A guy at the gate pointed to his wrist and gestured at me, so I pointed at my wrist and he waved me through even though I had nothing on it. I then ended up parking in the VIP car park and walked straight in at 8.45am.

We quickly walked round nearly all the show before 9.30. It made the rest of the day pleasant as it got quite busy very quickly and we had a more leisurely look around. For anyone going tomorrow, the beer truck in the middle of the bike section sells what must be the world's best apple pie.
Old 13 Mar 2010, 08:27 (Ref:2650855)   #55
jerryk
Racer

United Kingdom
jerryk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveGT6 View Post
Zeff,

MGCC's MG live event ! well £30 but it is the grand prix track
Old 13 Mar 2010, 09:55 (Ref:2650891)   #56
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Jerry, but only if you're entered in one of the MGCC racing championships. I normally enter the 2 driver enduro but that's not available to us this year :-(
Old 13 Mar 2010, 10:02 (Ref:2650896)   #57
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I was considering the cost of the day out, a 6 hour round trip and £60 petrol, the family tickets etc . . . . a day off, the show the people etc are all fab, but having spent 8 hours on the road yesterday delivering and collecting cars I really can't be arsed!
Old 13 Mar 2010, 12:47 (Ref:2650998)   #58
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
I was considering the cost of the day out, a 6 hour round trip and £60 petrol, the family tickets etc . . . . a day off, the show the people etc are all fab, but having spent 8 hours on the road yesterday delivering and collecting cars I really can't be arsed!
I am with you! Was going to go but woke up this morning and couldn't face the journey!
Old 13 Mar 2010, 13:08 (Ref:2651008)   #59
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryk View Post
MGCC's MG live event ! well £30 but it is the grand prix track
Hardly a day's testing, 20 minutes and by the time they've done their normal trick and cut it short you'll be lucky to do 3 laps.
Old 13 Mar 2010, 16:34 (Ref:2651097)   #60
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
I was actually faily surprised that our trip down from North of Manchester - leaving about 7.30, and setting off back at about 4.30 was a lot easier than usual, about 2 hours 15 minutes down and a few minutes longer on the way back - admittedly using the M6 Toll on the return....but for a Friday that was very good! I think its a result of the recession cutting traffic.......and my trusty old lpg-powered Alfa 164 even makes it relatively affordable

Enjoyed the show, as usual - always a great clubby atmosphere (apart from the team trying to persuade me to switch to N-power, I think it was....its a car show, not Ideal home!), and as a dyed in the wool Alfa nut I loved all the old (and not-so-old) Alfas on display.

Renewed my CSCC membership and entered first race of the season at Snetterton, so that's that done.......

Anyone else think 750MC stand looked at a bit underwhelming this year.....3 cars with no info and a big banner advertising a scrapyard.......?
Old 13 Mar 2010, 17:26 (Ref:2651125)   #61
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Anyone else think 750MC stand looked at a bit underwhelming this year.....3 cars with no info and a big banner advertising a scrapyard.......?
There was a 750MC stand, where was it?
Old 13 Mar 2010, 18:41 (Ref:2651169)   #62
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
There was a 750MC stand, where was it?

End of one of the aisles in hall 2 IIRC......but you had to look carefully to spot the 750MC decals - the advertising banner for (presumably) the sponsor was much more prominent....
Old 13 Mar 2010, 20:05 (Ref:2651234)   #63
Joyce George
Veteran

England
South Lincolnshire
Joyce George should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Please take into account the fact that 750 were also running a race meeting at Snetterton this weekend, which may be the reason for their resources being somewhat stretched.
Old 13 Mar 2010, 20:06 (Ref:2651236)   #64
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Well I have just got back and enjoyed it and it cost me £10 towards the diesel and £15 for the ticket (bought in advance) which I didnt need as someone had left me a CTCRC pass on the gate but forgot to tell me!!! I would like to find a testing venue for £25 including petrol, oh I did spend a further £4 on a seriously good breakfast bap but as I would have spent that at testing at least it dont count.
Old 13 Mar 2010, 22:10 (Ref:2651321)   #65
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, had a great day out too. Got seconded on to a stand in lieu of my free ticket but then I did buy breakfast to make up for it.

Bumped into quite a few peeps, some from here, many from elsewhere but great to meet so many in one day
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 13 Mar 2010, 22:20 (Ref:2651331)   #66
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Black or white Al? And no you can't have one of each
Erhhh....where was mine when we stopped by?...you never offered!!!

Nice meeting you and thanks again for all your support

Ta
Claire
Old 14 Mar 2010, 10:51 (Ref:2651535)   #67
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post
Erhhh....where was mine when we stopped by?...you never offered!!!

Nice meeting you and thanks again for all your support

Ta
Claire
That's socks Claire, not coffee
Old 14 Mar 2010, 11:52 (Ref:2651563)   #68
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyceswan View Post
Please take into account the fact that 750 were also running a race meeting at Snetterton this weekend, which may be the reason for their resources being somewhat stretched.

I did realise that when I looked on their website to see if they'd referred to the Race Retro stand....so I guess that might be a factor.....just seemed unusual - I remember 750MC stands normally being buzzing......