Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 8 Mar 2010, 20:15 (Ref:2647686)   #26
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
I'll be there on Friday, spending a couple of hours helping man the meet'n'greet for the dedicated Alfa parking - as I'm an AROC section secretary - but I always enjoy the Friday - more like an extended club meet where you catch up with mates that you haven't seen since last season than a car show, really.....
Old 8 Mar 2010, 20:22 (Ref:2647691)   #27
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wasn't going to get there till Sunday, but now plenty cover for me at work so Friday it is!
Old 8 Mar 2010, 20:59 (Ref:2647728)   #28
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
SZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ten-tenths cup of tea/coffee and natter on the Friday late morning? Anyone?

And no, John R, I'm not putting a blinking poll up about it!

James

Last edited by Tim Falce; 8 Mar 2010 at 21:26. Reason: Auto censor dodging.
Old 8 Mar 2010, 21:57 (Ref:2647764)   #29
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will be there Saturday........................willing to drink tea on anybody's stand
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 8 Mar 2010, 22:02 (Ref:2647768)   #30
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I will look for you Wayne.
Old 9 Mar 2010, 11:39 (Ref:2648079)   #31
kjw
Racer

United Kingdom
East Kent
kjw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Swiftune will be there.
Old 10 Mar 2010, 13:38 (Ref:2648899)   #32
jetstream
Rookie

jetstream should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there saturday, visiting various the various club stands, looking for a suitable series to run the Midget in.
Quite like the look of the CSCC Swinging 60's.
Old 10 Mar 2010, 14:05 (Ref:2648916)   #33
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetstream View Post
.........Quite like the look of the CSCC Swinging 60's.
A very popular series, I quote from a recent email bulletin:
"With 89 registered competitors we have now received 42 entries for the first race ........ and there are still 5 weeks to go."
Old 10 Mar 2010, 16:57 (Ref:2649009)   #34
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetstream View Post
I'll be there saturday, visiting various the various club stands, looking for a suitable series to run the Midget in.
Quite like the look of the CSCC Swinging 60's.
Hi, tis a great series, highly recommended
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 10 Mar 2010, 17:03 (Ref:2649014)   #35
racedriver
Rookie

racedriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I concur with the Swinging 60's vote. Had a really good time last year, apart from the co-driver totalling the car. We'll be back out again this year in a new car.

Andrew
Old 10 Mar 2010, 17:33 (Ref:2649031)   #36
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Well you lot like the CSCC I like the CTCRC, I know.......FIGHT!!!!!!!!

(Sorry Harry :-))

Seriously different championships and different courses for horses with CSCC rules being a lot laxer than CTCRC but both equally good in their own way!
Old 10 Mar 2010, 22:51 (Ref:2649239)   #37
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Al, I'm sure CTCRC is great but possibly not suitable for MG Midgets?

See you over the weekend!
Old 10 Mar 2010, 22:55 (Ref:2649242)   #38
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
For those of you on company stands, can we have the names please as I am useless at remembering stand numbers.
Old 10 Mar 2010, 22:56 (Ref:2649243)   #39
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Exactly I agree which is why I said both good and both different yet still catering for some of the same cars. BTW only a small order but I need some nomex socks please, put a large pair aside as you know what they say about guys with big feet, well sadly its not true!
Old 11 Mar 2010, 08:28 (Ref:2649417)   #40
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Al, I've met you, and it IS true...

They drive BIG cars!
Old 11 Mar 2010, 10:45 (Ref:2649489)   #41
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
OK, at no risk of upsetting the mods for free advertising as it was a mod who asked LOL

Racewear.co.uk Hall 2, Stand A2, the wall backing on to the cafeteria, down the far end near the VIP area. I'm the tall good looking bloke (in my dreams).

Max Tyler
Old 11 Mar 2010, 10:46 (Ref:2649491)   #42
midgetman
Veteran

Black or white Al? And no you can't have one of each
Old 11 Mar 2010, 10:54 (Ref:2649495)   #43
eamonn ledwidge
Racer

Ireland
Fyfield, Essex, UK
eamonn ledwidge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is this the TT members assembly/meeting point for tomorrow?
I only know Tim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
OK, at no risk of upsetting the mods for free advertising as it was a mod who asked LOL

Racewear.co.uk Hall 2, Stand A2, the wall backing on to the cafeteria, down the far end near the VIP area. I'm the tall good looking bloke (in my dreams).

Max Tyler
Old 11 Mar 2010, 13:21 (Ref:2649569)   #44
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
White please Max, budget ones will be fine, and Tim have you been peeping when I took a shower?
Old 11 Mar 2010, 13:46 (Ref:2649593)   #45
pieterbakker
Racer

European Union
Zandvoort (NL)
pieterbakker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Max, all the best and lots of success at Race Retro.

Would you happen to meet racers, who would be potentially interested to race on the Continent, don't hesitate to bring them into contact with me.

Best regards,
Pieter Bakker
www.facebook.com/pieter1bakker

Old 11 Mar 2010, 15:26 (Ref:2649642)   #46
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Retro T-party update:
just heard from Max that they've moved his stand, presumably nearer the gents toilets :-)
it's still Hall 2 and now Stand C6...
Old 11 Mar 2010, 17:21 (Ref:2649714)   #47
midgetman
Veteran

Oi! Nearer the bar more like :-)

Look forward to seeing you all. If you need a landmark, we're slap opposite the MG Car Club. Which is appropriate given tgat the stand "staff" are all MG Midget racers of long standing
Old 11 Mar 2010, 20:43 (Ref:2649842)   #48
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I will have some 10/10ths embroidered badges with me at the show Saturday, if any one wants one, fiver a pop for cash! I will leave my mobile number with someone on the CTCRC stand if I am not on it.
Old 12 Mar 2010, 07:14 (Ref:2650112)   #49
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I'm still trying to pluck up enthusiasm . . . I think I'd rather spend the time and money on a days testing
Old 12 Mar 2010, 07:27 (Ref:2650118)   #50
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
We have engine's to finish cars to build truck still to be painted but what the heck I'm having a day off and looking forward to the show. First call to see Max and some snazzie overalls for Monaco.