Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 3 Sep 2012, 15:00 (Ref:3129965)   #151
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Both Vipers confirmed for PLM .

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-12935.html
Old 3 Sep 2012, 17:08 (Ref:3130025)   #152
Duff_44
Racer

United States
Bristol, CT
Duff_44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff_44 View Post
I think the Euro entrant for PLM will probably be OAK, I think they have another LMP1 chassis kicking around and they're already going to be at PLM with one of their P2 entries.
Just remember... I'm always wrong.

Rebellion commits to PLM, 1 car:
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...petit-le-mans/
Old 3 Sep 2012, 17:31 (Ref:3130036)   #153
Creep89
Veteran

Germany
Herne
Creep89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great news. I think they have a good chance to win the race.
Old 3 Sep 2012, 18:00 (Ref:3130059)   #154
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I liked them better when they were red, but yeah ... I'd put money on them before Muscle Milk. And they still make for pretty photos.
Old 3 Sep 2012, 18:01 (Ref:3130060)   #155
C6R Racing Fan
Racer

United States
Ohio, USA
C6R Racing Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridC6R Racing Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
That's great news!
Old 3 Sep 2012, 21:10 (Ref:3130155)   #156
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So anyone care to speculate why exactly Rebellion are rocking up to Road Atlanta?

- There are no auto-entries on offer.
- The team have WEC races tightly either side of the event making it a BIG logistical reach for them.

So you have to wonder why. Are they looking to make a big statement with a marquee result? Maybe with regards to '13 or '14 and a attracting a manufacturer programme? Could they be going after HPD and looking to beat Muscle Milk?

Or did they have some aspirations to move to the ALMS? Maybe (likely) this trip was confirmed before the recent merger news. Maybe they are chasing some American funding?

I'm very happy they are making the trip. But you can't tell me they are doing it out of the goodness of their own hearts.
Old 3 Sep 2012, 21:27 (Ref:3130176)   #157
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Why would they be aspiring to HPD when they run a Toyota engine, and have been for the past few years? Maybe it's a bid to show they can compete with the best of the ALMS (and WEC), and hopefully show Toyota they (Rebellion) should run the TS030 in the future. Wouldn't that be great? Or perhaps they'll run the 'new Lotus' and maybe they're testing the waters in ALMS for 2013? Who knows. But at least they're racing at PLM.
Old 3 Sep 2012, 21:46 (Ref:3130195)   #158
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Why would they be aspiring to HPD when they run a Toyota engine, and have been for the past few years?
An engine is all well and good but they need a chassis to put it in the back of. If HPD are putting a programme out to the best privateer team why wouldn't Rebellion be interested? Toyota are barely committing to running one car right now and I can't see them exactly gift wrapping TS030s to put into privateer hands given the current trends from the manufacturers.

Rebellion need to look at the long-term and they can't sit around hoping Toyota will break with tradition. Sorry if that doesn't align with the Toyota fan in you.
Old 3 Sep 2012, 22:00 (Ref:3130206)   #159
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
An engine is all well and good but they need a chassis to put it in the back of. If HPD are putting a programme out to the best privateer team why wouldn't Rebellion be interested? Toyota are barely committing to running one car right now and I can't see them exactly gift wrapping TS030s to put into privateer hands given the current trends from the manufacturers.

Rebellion need to look at the long-term and they can't sit around hoping Toyota will break with tradition. Sorry if that doesn't align with the Toyota fan in you.
I'm not speaking of this year. I'm speaking of the future. In 2013 what will they run? They'll break off their relationship with Toyota to run a package brand new to them? I think they'd be better off trying to convince Toyota to sell them (not give them) a TS030 and let them run it. If not they already have the Lotus branding, so why not run the Lotus LMP? I don't see them going to HPD is what I'm saying. So that has nothing to do with the 'Toyota fan in me'. You should see that when I said they could run the Lotus and still use the Toyota V8.
Old 3 Sep 2012, 23:32 (Ref:3130256)   #160
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
So anyone care to speculate why exactly Rebellion are rocking up to Road Atlanta?

- There are no auto-entries on offer.
- The team have WEC races tightly either side of the event making it a BIG logistical reach for them.
Their package (Lola/Toyota/Michelin) is better than any currently being raced in P1 in ALMS at this time. Petit still carries some cache even if it's not an automatic ticket to Le Mans.

Go on 'em coming over. Can't wait to see them on the testing weekend before the race.
Old 4 Sep 2012, 01:09 (Ref:3130281)   #161
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I think Muscle Milk could keep it interesting for a while. I think their HPD probably is fine on pace against the Lola/Toyota; it just has inconsistent reliability. Also, Dyson could crank up the boost on the turbos, and give a short fireworks display.

Obviously, GT is going to be fun as hell! I know Marc outbraked himself against Cosmo at Baltimore, but still, I think the Viper may have some nasty top-end going into 10 at Road Atlanta.
Old 4 Sep 2012, 01:41 (Ref:3130286)   #162
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
I think Muscle Milk could keep it interesting for a while. I think their HPD probably is fine on pace against the Lola/Toyota; it just has inconsistent reliability. Also, Dyson could crank up the boost on the turbos, and give a short fireworks display.

Obviously, GT is going to be fun as hell! I know Marc outbraked himself against Cosmo at Baltimore, but still, I think the Viper may have some nasty top-end going into 10 at Road Atlanta.
They were quicker than the old car Rebellion ran at Sebring. And would have finished on the podium were it not for that last hour hickup. The consistent technical issues that have popped up mid-season have been discouraging (though they've made for a closer championship battle). I'm hoping that the car is durable for 10 hours and they pull off a much deserved 'W'.

Chris
Old 4 Sep 2012, 05:41 (Ref:3130338)   #163
TF110
Veteran

United States
Who knows how the new Lola Rebellion will do against MMilk, I think it'd be closer than Sebring surely.
Old 4 Sep 2012, 06:09 (Ref:3130348)   #164
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The HPD has been quicker than the Rebellion Lola's in WEC and it should be much of the same at Road Atlanta. the only thing that will stop Muscle Milk from winnig overall will be gearbox actuator/eletrical gremlins because HPD has the pace advantage as well as the visibility in traffic open top advantage. Rebellion could be on the pace of HPD but I would not expect them to be going 1 second faster than the HPD. The aero efficiency of the Rebellion coupe does offset the handling of the HPD which I have heard is simply incredible. Open wheel like.
Old 4 Sep 2012, 07:04 (Ref:3130374)   #165
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
The HPD has been quicker than the Rebellion Lola's in WEC and it should be much of the same at Road Atlanta.
The HPD ARX-03a might be faster on a single lap, but Rebellion has beaten the HPDs in Spa, Le Mans and Silverstone
Old 4 Sep 2012, 08:04 (Ref:3130400)   #166
TF110
Veteran

United States
Yeah, I think MMilk may be getting the most out of their HPD package (of the current teams running the HPD). Of course it doesn't hurt to run against Dyson who aren't the fastest there is. They do run 880kg in the ALMS as well, will that stand for PLM? If so will Rebellion be getting that break also? That's a question I've wondered.
Old 4 Sep 2012, 21:34 (Ref:3130833)   #167
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone know what the elevation change is at Road Atlanta?

I've been able to find the elevation change for most other tracks, but I can't seem to find Road Atlanta.
Old 5 Sep 2012, 01:38 (Ref:3130945)   #168
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtummer View Post
Anyone know what the elevation change is at Road Atlanta?

I've been able to find the elevation change for most other tracks, but I can't seem to find Road Atlanta.
It used to be in the track guide many moons ago, but I think it is around 110ft.
Old 5 Sep 2012, 02:17 (Ref:3130953)   #169
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
The HPD ARX-03a might be faster on a single lap, but Rebellion has beaten the HPDs in Spa, Le Mans and Silverstone
Well in fairness the HPD teams have beaten themselves with reliability drama and starter troubles.

What I cannot wrap my head around is why the European HPD's cannot get fired out of the pitlane but the American HPD had these gearbox electronics/actuators troubles but neither of the teams experience the others issues. All of which have been mutually exclusive to each other.
Old 5 Sep 2012, 02:23 (Ref:3130956)   #170
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Who knows how the new Lola Rebellion will do against MMilk, I think it'd be closer than Sebring surely.
Is Rebellion's third car a B12? Because I thought it was the same car they ran at Sebring. I suspect MMPR pole, and the race will be a great battle unless the technical gremlins strike.

Chris
Old 5 Sep 2012, 02:35 (Ref:3130962)   #171
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
All of Rebellions cars are older tubs (at Spa, one was a B09/60, and the other was a B10- or B11/60)--only difference between the Sebring cars and later cars is the new nose, new tail (single wing strut) and new rear deck (dorsal fin), and the BHH, and the new body kits were designed to fit on to the older tubs. They also have another 1-2 tubs, one is a spare, and the other unused tub will be sent to Road Atlanta for PLM.
Old 8 Sep 2012, 10:35 (Ref:3132861)   #172
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Interesting... when talking about the ALMS/Grand-Am merger, Hugues de Chaunac mentioned that he will be at Petit this year. Is the "factory" LMP2 Oreca entry still on the cards I wonder?
Old 8 Sep 2012, 10:58 (Ref:3132868)   #173
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Interesting... when talking about the ALMS/Grand-Am merger, Hugues de Chaunac mentioned that he will be at Petit this year. Is the "factory" LMP2 Oreca entry still on the cards I wonder?
There hasn't been any recent news suggesting that's the case (exempting his mentioning planned attendance).
I'd have thought they'd have resigned the idea after the LMS collapse (and, resulting PLM entries deal) transpired, considering there's already two 03s entered.

As an aside, seems pretty likely he's eager to meet with anyone involved in the merger - to discuss possibilities.
Old 8 Sep 2012, 11:21 (Ref:3132876)   #174
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I would assume that De Chaunac's voice now carries quite a clout , being team manager for Toyota and an independant chassis manufacturer too , the biggest in the field .

Just cuz he will be there , doesnt nessessarily mean in any race capicity .

Hoping for a Toyota entry though , dream on .
Old 8 Sep 2012, 20:49 (Ref:3132971)   #175
TF110
Veteran

United States
I was attempting to make that connection too. I hope for a Toyota appearance. If not Rebellion at least will be there.