Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 May 2000, 21:39 (Ref:950)   #1
Dannyboy
Rookie

Dannyboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JV and TGF

Purely speculation but wouldn't it be great to see these two uncompromising characters go at it. Classic plot, internal divisons within the team and some real action on the track. Senna-Prost all over again. A bit fanciful I know but I'm convinced JV will end up at the Ferrari stable with or without TGF as his teammate. Does anybody else feel this way?
Old 6 May 2000, 22:10 (Ref:951)   #2
fatbloke
Veteran

fatbloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't believe a word of it! The boy's going to Jaguar to team with the Swirve!
Old 6 May 2000, 22:29 (Ref:952)   #3
Dannyboy
Rookie

I have no doubt that Jaguar will become a front running team; however, Jag's current form suggests that it may take more time than was anticipated. Additionally, Jagaur totally revamping their infastructure-new wind tunnel, etc this will take time. BAR already provides such facilities. Going to Jaguar would be a step back unless a return to form proves me wrong. I like JAg, most amazing car on the grid BAR none.

[This message has been edited by Dannyboy (edited 06 May 2000).]
Old 6 May 2000, 22:42 (Ref:953)   #4
fatbloke
Veteran

McLaren 1997 --> McLaren 1998
Jordan Early 1998 --> Jordan Late 1998
Stewart 1998 --> Stewart 1999
Arrows 1999 --> Arrows 2000

Things do improve rapidly when the will is there. And the will doesn't come any bigger than the Ford Motor Company...
Old 6 May 2000, 22:48 (Ref:954)   #5
RIKB
Veteran

RIKB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The strongest rumour is of course that He has done a deal with MacLaren
Old 6 May 2000, 23:08 (Ref:955)   #6
Dannyboy
Rookie

I agree with you Fatbloke things can change but Villeneuve has little time to make his decision if he is moving. I just can't see him moving to any team that isn't a frontrunner. As for McLaren I hope Jacques doesn't go there. Mika rules that team and I think the Mercedes-Mclaren package has reached its peak even though Newey is still there. I think a BAR-HONDA would be the better long-term seat.
Old 6 May 2000, 23:08 (Ref:958)   #7
Green_man4421
Racer

Canada
Quebec, Canada
Green_man4421 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AFter MS retires In 2002 right Maybe he will still have alot of racing left in him then.
Old 7 May 2000, 00:24 (Ref:956)   #8
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jacques will never race for the team his father "owned". Too much history there... and he has spent his entire career reminding people that he is not his father. Going to Ferrari would be wrong for him.

However, the idea of him as Schumacher's lackey does have an intriguing sound ... how long do you think that would last?
Old 7 May 2000, 04:06 (Ref:957)   #9
Dannyboy
Rookie

I disagree Liz,every driver wants to drive for Ferrari and Jacques is no exception. He entertained serious offers from Marnello in 1996 and turned them down based purely on the fact that Williams offered a more competitive package. I think people read too much into JV's comments about his father. I firmly believe JV will race for Ferrari in the future but probably not with MS as a teamate.

[This message has been edited by Dannyboy (edited 07 May 2000).]
Old 7 May 2000, 14:44 (Ref:959)   #10
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe I am right. I also believe Rubens will get a drive at McLaren before JV. We will see who is right.
Old 7 May 2000, 16:50 (Ref:960)   #11
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After seeing what Ralf is doing with the Williams BMW, I think JV would be wise to go back. Ralf would provide solid competition for JV and not go all soft like HHF. Lord knows JV is Williams type of driver.
Old 7 May 2000, 17:00 (Ref:961)   #12
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would have to agree with Liz. I have never quite understood it, but JV seems to like to disassociate himself from his father. I guess.

I can't imagine him going to Ferrari for the reason Liz mentioned, and the fact that I cannot imagine him with Micheal Schumacher as a teammate. They hate each other.

McLaren or Jaguar seem much more likely. I don't think that JV would have any problem racing with Mika. I believe, and he does too that he is a better driver than Mika.

Unless there are MAJOR changes (ie Honda buy out), I would doubt that JV would stay with BAR. JV wants to win more races, and it is quite clear that, as it stands he is not going to be winning anything with BAR.

[This message has been edited by Jay (edited 07 May 2000).]
Old 7 May 2000, 21:23 (Ref:962)   #13
Dannyboy
Rookie

I don't think JV will ever go to Mclaren their drivers are worked to death with PR work and we know JV hates that side of the biz. Additionally, ROn Dennis would never agree to JV's escalating salary demands. As for Rubens going to Mclaren I believe he is just beginning a three-year contract with Ferrari and his current form suggests that he is no better than Irv.

I do agree that the Williams Ralf and Jacques pairing looks tempting. Anyway who knows?

[This message has been edited by Dannyboy (edited 07 May 2000).]
Old 7 May 2000, 21:25 (Ref:963)   #14
fatbloke
Veteran

Sorry guys, don't know why you're arguing - he's on his way to Jag!
Old 7 May 2000, 21:50 (Ref:964)   #15
Liz
Veteran

How do JV and Eddie get along, anybody know?
Old 7 May 2000, 23:26 (Ref:965)   #16
RIKB
Veteran

RIKB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why would he go from one developing team to another. It would just be more of the same.

If he goes anywhere it will be to an established front runner who will give him a serious crack at the title. Otherwise he might just as well stay put coz Honda will get it right even if they have to buy the team.

On another point, I'm not sure he has disassociated himself from his father he has just doing all to avoid the comparisons that the press insisted on making all the time.
Old 8 May 2000, 05:21 (Ref:966)   #17
downforce
Veteran

India
Bangalore
downforce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Put Jacque in a Mac !!
Old 8 May 2000, 17:49 (Ref:967)   #18
Unknown Soldier
Racer

Unknown Soldier should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RIKB:
Otherwise he might just as well stay put coz Honda will get it right even if they have to buy the team.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Japanese don't like to screw around when it comes to building fast and reliable engines. There is no way they will allow BAR's current state of affairs to continue. Honda has a reputation to think about

Old 8 May 2000, 23:25 (Ref:968)   #19
Green_man4421
Racer

Canada
Quebec, Canada
Green_man4421 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Villenuve Mclaren No, Barrichello Mclaren NO HE wants no1 at Ferrari when Micheal Retires I think.

Liz we will wait to see but if that all does happen we would have already forgot that you said that already
Old 9 May 2000, 12:57 (Ref:969)   #20
ccara
Rookie

ccara should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In answer to Liz's question as to EI relationship with JV, I wouldnt put them in a room together never mind a team, and I couldnt see Eddie being too happy..

Why does everyone assume that JV will still be racing after 2002 and Schumacher wont, Schumi will only be 33!!
As for them being in same team togther as old adage goes "Would be a cold in hell first"
However like Liz said would be interesting to see him as MS lackey (Oh I live in hope
Old 9 May 2000, 12:58 (Ref:970)   #21
ccara
Rookie

ccara should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In answer to Liz's question as to EI relationship with JV, I wouldnt put them in a room together never mind a team, and I couldnt see Eddie being too happy..

Why does everyone assume that JV will still be racing after 2002 and Schumacher wont, Schumi will only be 33!!
As for them being in same team togther as old adage goes "Would be a cold day in hell first"
However like Liz said would be interesting to see him as MS lackey (Oh I live in hope

sorry for 2nd post had to get it right
Old 10 May 2000, 03:18 (Ref:971)   #22
Mr.S
Racer

Mr.S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldn't be surprised if MS's car starts to snap-oversteer again if JV gets a good car.
Old 10 May 2000, 03:44 (Ref:972)   #23
Liz
Veteran

I'd like to see Jacques and DC on the same team; they like each other and would do well together. But which team?

Yes, that's what I meant about why Jacques won't go to Ferrari - because too many people would start comparing him with his fathr again if he did that. Naturally he wants to race for himself.

P.S. Y'all should say Jacques and not JV because otherwise some people will think you are talking about Jos and get REALLY confused trying to remember when Verstappen's father raced for Ferrari.
Old 10 May 2000, 09:13 (Ref:973)   #24
Farc
Rookie

Farc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello to all
I believe that if Honda gets that Jacques finishes a couple of careers in the podium this year and at least to conclude in fifth place in the championship they will be able to retain it with a good sum of money and of sure a new sport Honda with its name will come out for sale when getting the Championship of pilots, otherwise Mercedes and Mclaren already know that with DC and Mika they will lose for sure the championship with ferrari and in a couple of years they could not fight with Honda, williams, Renault, Ferrari, they Need more Jacques that Jacques to them,
And Liz Jacques would not go nape for ferrari while tgf this there is because the one said that if jacques comes to my team I leave, I believe that Tgf is afraid And have a lot FEAR.
Old 13 May 2000, 00:27 (Ref:974)   #25
Dannyboy
Rookie

Villeneuve will go to Ferrari before his career is over. It is the logical conclusion of which I'm sure Bernie E is well aware of.

**News Flash** JV is going to be driving Ferraris real soon. He will be driving his father's old cars in a documentary about his father. Jacs doing all the stunts. Incredible. He is the executive prod of the documentary. Daily F1.

[This message has been edited by Dannyboy (edited 15 May 2000).]