Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 20 Dec 2013, 15:32 (Ref:3346336)   #251
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
From a guy currently reading Go Like Hell, if Ferrari return, surely we need Ford too!

But let's not get greedy. The impact of a Ferrari works team at Le Mans can not be overstated. As isynge says, even the fact Luca is talking about sportscars is good PR.
Old 20 Dec 2013, 15:57 (Ref:3346348)   #252
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
There definitely appears to be a little more substance to this than on previous occasions and it does make more sense ..... so lets wait and see.
Old 20 Dec 2013, 16:28 (Ref:3346354)   #253
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.racer.com/ferrari-lmp1-bi...rticle/326565/
According to De Montezemolo, an LMP1 program would only be possible in 2016 or later
Old 20 Dec 2013, 17:11 (Ref:3346370)   #254
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
That is the Autosport story.

Speaking of which... protip: Watkins' Autosport stories always appear on racer.com, handy if you like me always exceed Autosport's pay wall limit
Old 20 Dec 2013, 17:26 (Ref:3346372)   #255
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Now you are talking... come on Ford!
Interestingly there was a semi-credible muttering floating around about Ford tail end of 2012... Clearly nothing came of it and it doesn't pay to be greedy, but it never hurts too much to have one's appetite whetted. The C100 is, after all, a long time ago.
Old 20 Dec 2013, 18:40 (Ref:3346393)   #256
Thaw Daggerslash
Racer

Thaw Daggerslash should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
.... plus a Ford/Ferrari 'Wars' film potentially in the making......
True, although I do fear that it'll end up horribly Americanised, like Rush...
Old 20 Dec 2013, 19:10 (Ref:3346402)   #257
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaw Daggerslash View Post
True, although I do fear that it'll end up horribly Americanised, like Rush...
Not agreeing or disagreeing with you, but I also don't really know what you mean regarding "Americanised". Can you expand on what you mean regarding Rush?

Richard
Old 20 Dec 2013, 19:16 (Ref:3346405)   #258
Thaw Daggerslash
Racer

Thaw Daggerslash should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Not agreeing or disagreeing with you, but I also don't really know what you mean regarding "Americanised". Can you expand on what you mean regarding Rush?

Richard
Not going to take a genius to realise that as an American film, they're likely to paint Ford as the "good" guys and Ferrari as the evil cheats, or whatever. Kind of like how in Rush Niki Lauda was portrayed as the villain, for some reason.

Also, my other gripe with Rush - if that's the "true story" then I'm Niki Lauda himself.

Anyway, this could quickly get off topic, so I'll leave it there.
Old 20 Dec 2013, 23:47 (Ref:3346465)   #259
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Not going to take a genius to realise that as an American film, they're likely to paint Ford as the "good" guys and Ferrari as the evil cheats, or whatever. Kind of like how in Rush Niki Lauda was portrayed as the villain, for some reason.

Also, my other gripe with Rush - if that's the "true story" then I'm Niki Lauda himself.

Sorry to continue the off topic...

Two points. First it is interesting that you somehow felt Niki was portrayed as the villain. I didn't see that at all. If anything I think it may have been the opposite. Second, it wasn't a documentary and even then for a non documentary it was likely more accurate than not.

How a Ford vs. Ferrari film would work out is pure speculation. If Ron Howard was to make it, I have doubts it would be done as you say.
Old 21 Dec 2013, 00:28 (Ref:3346474)   #260
burbanite
Rookie

burbanite should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
No. But maybe start of some US-based team rumor. Posted it here: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...51#post3346151
I replied.

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...72#post3346472
Old 21 Dec 2013, 01:48 (Ref:3346486)   #261
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
pederb has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!

Wish it would look like this if it would happen
Old 21 Dec 2013, 02:49 (Ref:3346501)   #262
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And we thought the visibility out of the R18 was bad
Old 21 Dec 2013, 02:57 (Ref:3346504)   #263
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pederb View Post

Dat Front
Old 21 Dec 2013, 03:00 (Ref:3346506)   #264
Malfunction Junction
Racer

Malfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMalfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
And we thought the visibility out of the R18 was bad

That's why the periscope is up.....
Old 21 Dec 2013, 03:01 (Ref:3346507)   #265
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malfunction Junction View Post
That's why the periscope is up.....
Ferrari 2015 submarine program confirmed. I read it in Autosport so it's true.
Old 21 Dec 2013, 04:43 (Ref:3346521)   #266
deltawing
Racer

deltawing should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddeltawing should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It would be cool to have the rules changed so a car like this could participate..... perhaps F can do a "Garage 56" entry with this.
Old 21 Dec 2013, 09:43 (Ref:3346552)   #267
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pederb View Post

Wish it would look like this if it would happen
I have to say I see nothing beautiful at all in that - apart from the colour. It's hideous.
Old 21 Dec 2013, 10:27 (Ref:3346570)   #268
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I have to say I see nothing beautiful at all in that - apart from the colour. It's hideous.
Agreed. Looks like something from one of those silly arcade driving games that is trying to be futuristic.
Old 21 Dec 2013, 10:59 (Ref:3346575)   #269
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
I'm just curious...how would one get in and out of it???

jimclark
Old 21 Dec 2013, 11:37 (Ref:3346581)   #270
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
I'm just curious...how would one get in and out of it???
Not an issue when no one wants to be seen in it.
Old 21 Dec 2013, 12:39 (Ref:3346596)   #271
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Very childdish to provoke Americans with a subjective and negative remark, to then shut off any way of replying or defending such an accusement.

I therefore suggest you withhold yourself from any more offending notions directed at our American fellow forum members.
Old 21 Dec 2013, 12:47 (Ref:3346599)   #272
jimclark
Veteran

United States
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
Very childdish to provoke Americans with a subjective and negative remark, to then shut off any way of replying or defending such an accusement.

I therefore suggest you withhold yourself from any more offending notions directed at our American fellow forum members.
Baahhh, humbug. I, for one, find it amusing.

jimclark
Old 21 Dec 2013, 12:59 (Ref:3346601)   #273
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Quote:

As poorly done as American movies (let's say Grand Prix, Winning, Le Mans, and Rush) are...please remind me of the successful racing movies not produced by the US of A.

jimclark
Old 21 Dec 2013, 13:03 (Ref:3346602)   #274
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Michel Vaillant
Old 21 Dec 2013, 13:45 (Ref:3346615)   #275
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accident View Post
Agreed. Looks like something from one of those silly arcade driving games that is trying to be futuristic.
Also agreed, not saying I could imagine a better one but the "designed by a playstation gamer" look is just somehow very distinctive. For example the Adrian Newey prototype in Gran Turismo is very different, altough I wonder whether that came 100 percently from his head in the first place.